Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
scq24 said:
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi as I finally got around to checking out the new thread site. I like seeing all those auto's on here and pics of cute babies. I will have to post a few pics of each of mine also very soon.

Scottie Q
Bout dang time Q. Let's see those pics. I could use a good drool.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Hey guys, I'm an absolute jumbo collector so I've got a couple to show off. It took me a while to get my first henderson but when I did, I got the other 5 I wanted in about half a year!

absolutejumbo_0013.png

absolutejumbo_0023.png

absolutejumbo_0047.png

absolutejumbo_0048.png

absolutejumbo_0049.png

This one's available as I have another. Pm if interested.
IMG_0414.png

I got this really cheap on ebay. The seller didn't have any photos and described it as a 7 color patch. Gave me a free bat card too! It was mailed in a semi rigid in a pwe so the free cards may have saved it. It has since been sold.
IMG_0235.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
Not sure if you guys noticed, but the 2010 Topps Series 2 cards finally hit eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Topps-Legendar ... 3f001248c2

There's also a new CYMTO (both regular and original back), this time featuring Rickey's 1981 Topps card.

Do you happen to know if he has Hat Logos this time around? Have you guys seen the new hat logos?

!BuFi5H!B2k~$(KGrHqEH-CsEvo7b2EJnBL-0uvZBvg~~_12.jpg

As a chief wahoo fan, I'm disgusted by their choice on the Cleveland logo, but the MLB already pissed me off with it last year, so I'm used to it. The first year they did the American flag logos, they had this awesome hat:

clevlandindianscap.jpg

There, I found an awesome and clearly labeled comparison. I don't like it when people mess with Cheif Wahoo. smileynono.gif It makes me break out my special supply of smileys. wahoo2-1.gif

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
smileyheadbang.gif

mcflyracing said:
Plus Ryan & I get a handful of these stupid smiley things again so that our messages look like they were written by teenage girls :lol: :lol: :lol: ::facepalm:: :oops: :D

Wait wut? smileybeathatazz.gifsmileyswear.gif

mcflyracing said:
Ken has been slow to respond too, hopefully it's just b/c he's busy with work again. :D

I have been waiting a while for a response from him too... He's been really busy and was sick not so long ago, hopefully he's feeling better and is just busy.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
As for the smilies, I like this one ::facepalm:: Just makes me laugh.

I got this totally awesome picture because it reminded me so much of that smiley...
facepalm.jpg

kryslarry said:
We still need ya, especially since Ryan can't seem to find his cards to scan or get his scanner to work and all we get are these cute baby pictures that look nothing like Rickey! :lol:

I think I'm halfway there, I found and installed the program I needed, Microsoft PictureIt! Now I just need to figure out why I was unable to download the driver. It kept like almost downloading it, but failing. *sigh* Hate to admit I have no idea what I'm doing, but.......

kryslarry said:
Just kidding Ryan, Renee is too dang cute, and makes me jealous that I can't have one!

If it makes you feel better, she's growing teeth and pissed about it, and now she's sick too which makes her even crabbier. I've been up since about 4:30, and feeling a little frazzled.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
Do you happen to know if he has Hat Logos this time around?

Luckily (or not), depending on how you feel about the Hat Relics, and how much money you have to buy them, Rickey is not included in series 2. Unless he is added as one of the TBD cards on the checklist I've seen, he only has 4 cards, online one of which will be slightly hard to come by.

Other than the Legendary Lineage and the CYMTO regular and original backs, their's also a dual relic version of the Legendary Lineage card w/Rickey and Upton. It's numbered #/50, which might make it a bit pricey, but there's definitely fewer cards to chase than in series 1.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Check the new avatar... it was fun thinking "Ryan's not here right now" for all those years, but now that I finally got a scan of my favorite Rickey pic, I can't resist! Here it is in all it's glory:

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Hey guys, how many versions of the 2010 topps Attax does Rickey have? Just looking through the Bay, it looks like there are 3 versions?

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
rickeyfanatic said:
Hey guys, how many versions of the 2010 topps Attax does Rickey have? Just looking through the Bay, it looks like there are 3 versions?

You're correct, there's 3 different versions. The sepia foil "Legend" card is an insert in the regular Attax starter decks. The new cards that are popping up are from the new "Battle of the Ages" deck. You get one of the base cards in each deck, and there's also a gold foil version, which is inserted 1:8 decks.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
RL24 said:
now it's off to eBay to sell these cards! :D

But..but..but...not eBay! :)

:lol: ::facepalm:: :oops:

Ooops! I guess I did totally say that, but it's not what I meant. Although in hind sight it's pretty funny. I meant now that I have my scanner working, I can sell some cards on ebay, but not the ones that are already spoken for.

Hey bojacksoncollector, I have a ton of 2005 Studios, a few random players, a bunch of CC Sabathias, and I think maybe even an extra Rickey or two although I can't really back that up. I'll check it out sometime soon, but with me that's not the same "soon" as other people's definition of soon. :benson: So don't hold your breath or anything, but I'll try to not let it slip my mind completely....

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Hey Ryan, did you see that 4040man listed a whole bunch of 24/xx cards? He wants a bunch of money, but I bet you could write to him and make him an offer on the lot for a good price. Thought you ought to know.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
kryslarry said:
Hey Ryan, did you see that 4040man listed a whole bunch of 24/xx cards? He wants a bunch of money, but I bet you could write to him and make him an offer on the lot for a good price. Thought you ought to know.

Good luck on getting a deal, lol! I wrote to him on one card that he had listed for $49.95. I offered $35, which I actually thought was pretty fair. He said he won't sell any cheaper than $50, and will just keep them if they don't sell. Some of his cards are pretty rare, although still overpriced, while others are just ridiculous!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
kryslarry said:

Good luck on getting a deal, lol! I wrote to him on one card that he had listed for $49.95. I offered $35, which I actually thought was pretty fair. He said he won't sell any cheaper than $50, and will just keep them if they don't sell. Some of his cards are pretty rare, although still overpriced, while others are just ridiculous!

Yeah, we went round and round and 'round we went, a few years back. It's cool. I kinda hate Dickjen for being so unreasonable about giving up his Donruss Classics 24/xx that he beat me by 17 effing cents on, but... I know I can't get every 24 ever made. I mostly lose nowadays anyway even when one does pop up. It's all good, I can still die happy.

What I really really want at this point in my 24 collecting career is.... a little tiny 24 jersey! I miss the Sabathia jersey, it's really tiny now. It's kinda funny, she looks like a redneck with a beer belly when she wears it now. :D

LittleSabathiaFan.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
bojacksoncollector said:
I finally opened the "Battle of the Age" tin I also bought. Not only did I pull a Henderson, but I pulled my first Bo Jackson card. I like the cards I pulled with them also. :cool:

Nice!! It's always great to pull your favorite player! The best I've ever done is a Topps Gold card of CC Sabathia #/2008. Sure there are 2008 of them, but getting the one specific player was pretty amazing. I already had the card though. ::facepalm:: Because when you have bad luck that's just the way it goes... :lol:

Members online

Latest posts