Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Do any of you guys know the deal with these Topps Attax? I have 3 different, is there more? I also need to know how I should list them on my checklist. Is the first one series one? the 2 new ones series 2? How should I put them down? Thanks for any help.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
henderson939 said:
Do any of you guys know the deal with these Topps Attax? I have 3 different, is there more? I also need to know how I should list them on my checklist. Is the first one series one? the 2 new ones series 2? How should I put them down? Thanks for any help.
Good questions. I have three different as well, and was wondering if there were card numbers I am not seeing?

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
henderson939 said:
I agree with Larry.
Me too! :shock:

Ryan, ya know we love ya, :grouphug: but go ahead and let us know what you want for YOUR cards. It is your right and we can't blame you if you feel that they are worth quite a bit, or if one is junky and you think it is worthless. We are waiting with baited breath, but we know better than to hold our breath! :lol:

I gotta stop using the smilies, they are kind of addictive. ;) Ah man. ::facepalm::

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
You know what the worst is? When you go to look for a smiley, but it's not there. It happens to me all the time, and most of the time I am looking for a black eyed smiley. I'll find it and post it tomorrow, but for now it's bed time.

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm working hard on responding to all your requests! Larry, I have your prices nailed down except for that pesky #08/10... For some reason this card makes me feel really greedy... maybe because I own 3 of them right here, so there are really only 7 out there on the market. :D :) ;)

I'd ask the group for ballpark estimates on what a card like this might go for, but.... lol.... I tried it before and it didn't work. But it's all good.

This Absolute set is so popular... in the completed listings there is a jumbo #/100 that went for $22 dlvd, and a 5 piece #/150 that sold for $19 dlvd. Not much else really to judge from currently...

Does anybody know who this bidder is? t***e ( 2107) They won a BJ's hat logo #24/99 tonight or last night, I can't believe I missed it, I think it was a one or three day auction? Where's that swearing smiley when you need him!?

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Anybody need any of these? If so, send me a private post or an email. If not, I'll be putting them up on ebay next week sometime.

82 7-11 Slurpee Cup (yes the Madlock is free with the Rickey)
827-11slurpeecup.png
827-11slurpeecup2.png

83 O-Pee-Chee Sticker Panel of 6 (yes they are scotch taped on the back)
83opcstickerpanelf.png
83opcstickerpanelb.png

87 Yankees Stadium Cup (pic shows different views of same cup)
87yankeesstadiumcup.png

91 Fotosweats wrist band (yes the plastic case is a little bit yellowed, probably from sun exposure)
91fotosweats.png

91 Kenner SLU Award Winners (this is super hard to find, and in great shape...has Bonds, Justice, Drabek and others)
91kennersluawardwinners.jpg

91 Kenner SLU Headliner (still in unopened box...in very good shape)
91kennersluheadliner.jpg
91kennersluheadlinerb.jpg

91 Salvino Autographed Porcelain Statue "Baseball Legend" (0327/1200) (home uniform, no sleeves) (has original box)
91salvinohomejersey6.jpg
91salvinohomejersey5.jpg
91salvinohomejersey2.jpg
91salvinohomejersey3.jpg
91salvinohomejersey1.jpg

91 Sports Impressions Porcelain Statue Artists Proof (30/94) ("Born to Steal") (do NOT have original box, but this is a VERY tough item to find)
91sportsimpressionsartistsproof942.jpg
91sportsimpressionsartistsproof941.jpg
91sportsimpressionsartistsproof943.jpg
91sportsimpressionsartistsproof944.jpg

92 Kenner SLU Headliner (still in unopened box...but the box is NOT in very good shape)
92kennersluheadliner.jpg
92kennersluheadlinerb.jpg

92 LK Sports Mug (up to 1990 stats on back)
92lksportsmug.jpg

92 "Off-Base" Autobiography Paperback Edition (has a little bit of wear...shown in pic)
92off-baseautobiopaperback.jpg

99 Salvino Bammer 7th Inning Stretch (issue date July 12, 1999) (bean bag bear)
99salvinobear.jpg

Three various Kenner SLU plastic posable figures
rickeys013.png

2002 Modesto Bobblehead (has original box)
02modestobobbleheadf.jpg
02modestobobbleheadb.jpg

2003 Modesto Bobblehead (unopenend in original box...the actual one you'd get is shown at the top...slight rip in top right corner of box)
03ModestoBobbleheadactual.jpg
03ModestoBobblehead.jpg

2005 Surf Dawgs Bobblehead (supposedly only 600 made) (in original box)
05GBLsandiegosurfdawgsbobblehead600.jpg
05GBLsandiegosurfdawgsbobblehead-1.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
OK Ken. Send me an email offline with some stuff that you have that I might not (you always seem to have a good bunch of stuff that I can use). And we'll see if we can work out a trade.

I also want to add a few more items to the list of Rickeys I have up for trade

1984 Nappco Pencil (#7) (two shown in picture but only one up for trade).
84NappcoBaseballSuperstarPencil.png

1989 Oakland Athletics World Series Champions Felt Pennant (w/ facsimile signatures including McGwire, Eckersley, Canseco) (copyright 1989 MLBPA, MSA) (has some stains in lower left not easy to see in pic)
89oaklandathleticsworldseriespennan.jpg

2009 Portasite Price Guide 1980 Rookie (Type & Grip Factory)
09portasite.png

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey guys, sorry for the brief absence, been really busy. I went to a class in Denver yesterday and it took up all my time. Now I have a big stack of work to do so I better get to it. I know some of you are waiting on me with your breath held, so I just wanted to let you all know to take a deep breath. :D The weekend is almost here!

Scott L, that is a most impressive collection of stuff for trade. I'm assuming that's all extra stuff that's just laying around? :shock: :eek:

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
RL24 said:
Hey guys, sorry for the brief absence, been really busy. I went to a class in Denver yesterday and it took up all my time. Now I have a big stack of work to do so I better get to it. I know some of you are waiting on me with your breath held, so I just wanted to let you all know to take a deep breath. :D The weekend is almost here!

Scott L, that is a most impressive collection of stuff for trade. I'm assuming that's all extra stuff that's just laying around? :shock: :eek:

I picked up most of it in my recent ebay purchase from The_Joker...and I had most of the stuff in the lot already. I was mostly targeting a few items (Salvino Poised For History statue (/550) and the 91 Dad's Kids Corp Tri-Card Upper Deck).

Good luck with your class. Denver is a decent town. Hopefully you can get to a Rockies game. :ugeek:

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
henderson939 said:

The new cards are part of a Topps Attax set called "Battle of the Ages," which was released after the original cards

There's only 15 retired cards in the set, so you'll get one Rickey in every pack. There is also a foil parallel, which is inserted 2 per pack. Beckett has not yet listed them, so I'm not sure what they are doing about numbering.

The first one is #3 in the set according to them:

2010 Topps Attax Legends #3 Rickey Henderson

I'll keep you guys posted on any updates that arise.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks for the info Brad. I was asking because the first one I got says Battle of the Ages on the back also. So all three say Battle of the Ages on the back?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, my baby is drugged up due to Teeth Fever, so she's peacefully passed out... but her temp was 102.6 earlier. And when you touch her she's this hot---> :oops: And it's been really hot here in the Springs, we're not used to it... and she just wants to be held. It's killin' me!

But I have finished the last of the Absolute cards...

tt334-25.jpg
tt3320-25.jpg
ah222-25.jpg
ah218-25.jpg

I think I'll do 2003 Leaf Limited next... any opinions? It's either that or the box of random stuff. There's plenty of DK, but most of the box is nicely mixed stuff. Maybe I will do that stuff, it would probably be more fun for all y'all...

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
kryslarry said:
Some people are just mean. ::facepalm::

No, it was for your pleasure, not your pain!

I thought you'd be happy to be presented your choice between the two. They each have their ups and downs...

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Well alright! I have started scanning the misc crap, but I had already started on the 03 LL so here are 4 scans that will be a little out of place....

95TnTP5-25.jpg
92TnTP16-25.jpg
96TnTP11-25.jpg
92TnTP14-25.jpg
This one is one of the funniest Prime cards ever made. You can tell it's prime because of the color of the card, and look at this awesome primeness....

LoLzerZ.jpg

There is a tiny string of thread in the lower left hand corner...

Do you happen to know if he has Hat Logos this time around? Have you guys seen the new hat logos?

2010ToppsJuly4thHatLogoPatch18of99.jpg

Anyone get any of the 2010 Topps Attax cards of Rickey yet? I've pulled a few out of the boxes I've opened. I've only pulled one of the Foil/refractors from one of the "Battle of the Ages" tins (so far), but I have a few of the base Henderson cards from the same tins.

Members online

Latest posts