Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Leffer said:
Larry, I have an extra 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 1 #426 (#/100) that I could help you with. I'm kind of shocked I have a duplicate of anything from your list....is this one that I said I had before but couldn't find it??? I did that to one of you guys once in a trade and still never found it. I felt like such a d :!: ck

I have a few others that are on your list, but wouldn't be willing to part with them (sorry). I could send you pictures though. :mrgreen:

Send me pictures?!? That... that... that is just, well, evil :twisted:

Yes, I'll take your duplicate, but I don't have much left to trade anymore. The "box" tapped me out pretty well, and the rest of the stuff I have that are duplicates, I am sure that you have. Let me know what you would want for it. [email protected]

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
ManOfSteal said:
The new cards are part of a Topps Attax set called "Battle of the Ages," which was released after the original cards

There's only 15 retired cards in the set, so you'll get one Rickey in every pack. There is also a foil parallel, which is inserted 2 per pack. Beckett has not yet listed them, so I'm not sure what they are doing about numbering.

The first one is #3 in the set according to them:

2010 Topps Attax Legends #3 Rickey Henderson

I'll keep you guys posted on any updates that arise.

Here's the official description of the 3 Attax cards. I'll try and post a picture of them all:

2010 Topps Attax Legends #3 Rickey Henderson
2010 Topps Attax Battle of the Ages #5 Rickey Henderson
2010 Topps Attax Battle of the Ages Foil #5 Rickey Henderson

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
I just had to share...I finally picked up a 1996 Circa Rave!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

I paid a little more than I wanted to, but I didn't want one to get away again! Was I bidding against any of you guys? I don't have the cryptic eBay names memorized yet. It's one of the oldest cards on my "priority" want list, and I can't wait to get it in hand and check it off the list.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have that card on my "havelist".... 1996 Circa Rave 187 #112/150 (gift from Scott Leff)

THANKS SCOTT LEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! And... sorry that you didn't keep that card until a week ago and when you should have thrown it on ebay! :?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
rickeyfanatic said:
rickeyfanatic said:
Mcfly has dropped some nice cards on the Bay. I would love that Maris/Henderson, that's a beauty
well whoever got it, you paid for it, but its damn sweet, congrats

I woulda loved that one too, tried to get it from him once but I couldn't quite afford it. He made a wise decision to save that for the current ebay atmosphere. :) You know how I'm really weird right? Well once upon a time this Maris/Henderson card sold on ebay for e$433. It later sold for $150, I'm presuming that's how much Jacob paid. So he did really well!

I really wanted it to go with these beauties:

2004 Leaf Limited Matching Numbers R.H. Jsy/R.Maris Pants 17 #24/100 & #035/100
2004 Leaf Limited Matching Numbers R.H. Jsy/M.Ramirez Jsy 25 #24/100

of course, I'd really rather have this elusive card:
2005 Leaf Limited Matching Numbers Jsy w/W.Mays Pants 4 #24/25

I have #17, but #24 never popped up. :cry: sniffle.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
ManOfSteal said:
I just had to share...I finally picked up a 1996 Circa Rave!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

I paid a little more than I wanted to, but I didn't want one to get away again! Was I bidding against any of you guys? I don't have the cryptic eBay names memorized yet. It's one of the oldest cards on my "priority" want list, and I can't wait to get it in hand and check it off the list.

I almost got into the mix on that card, but wasn't going to spend that for it, so it worked out!

RL24 said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Also, I like the 2003 Timeless Treasures set better than the 2004 set.

Before I go digging and try to decide which year I like better, I absolutely have to ask.... what brings this up? :) I have read the thread so many times and don't understand where that statement came from. Help me out!

I said that because you had scanned 3 of the 2004 Timeless Treasures Gold #/10 cards and had listed a link to an auction for another one of the 2004 Timeless Treasures Gold #/10 cards. All I was saying is that I like the 2003 Timeless Treasures set (layout, color scheme, doesn't show edge chips/corner dings as easily, etc.) better than the 2004 set (or the 2005 Timeless Treasures set for that matter). Rickey was #72 in the 2003 Timeless Treasures set. I have 8 different Gold #/10 cards from the 2003 set, but unfortunately none of them are RH (but I do have 2 of Rickey's Silver #/50 cards from 03). I would also guess that Rickey's card from the 2003 TT set would sell for more than the 2004 or 2005 TT sets. Hope this clarifies my comment.

BTW, talking about the 2010 Topps Attax cards:

I have an extra "2010 Topps Attax Battle of the Ages #5 Rickey Henderson" card if anyone could trade me one of the "2010 Topps Attax Legends #3 Rickey Henderson" cards.

Sorry, I only have one of the "2010 Topps Attax Battle of the Ages Foil #5 Rickey Henderson" cards so far. If I get another tin and pull an extra, I'll offer it up to one of y'all first.

plmk

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
bojacksoncollector said:
RL24 said:
bojacksoncollector said:
Also, I like the 2003 Timeless Treasures set better than the 2004 set.

Before I go digging and try to decide which year I like better, I absolutely have to ask.... what brings this up? :) I have read the thread so many times and don't understand where that statement came from. Help me out!

I said that because you had scanned 3 of the 2004 Timeless Treasures Gold #/10 cards and had listed a link to an auction for another one of the 2004 Timeless Treasures Gold #/10 cards. All I was saying is that I like the 2003 Timeless Treasures set (layout, color scheme, doesn't show edge chips/corner dings as easily, etc.) better than the 2004 set (or the 2005 Timeless Treasures set for that matter). Rickey was #72 in the 2003 Timeless Treasures set. I have 8 different Gold #/10 cards from the 2003 set, but unfortunately none of them are RH (but I do have 2 of Rickey's Silver #/50 cards from 03). I would also guess that Rickey's card from the 2003 TT set would sell for more than the 2004 or 2005 TT sets. Hope this clarifies my comment.

Ooooooh Noooooow I get it! I actually started scanning this really nice set of cards from the 04 set, but never really finished it. I'll show it off soon though! I hope you weren't offended by my comment, I'm a little slow and really had no idea why you were asking. :lol: I was reading the words in the thread more than looking at the pictures I guess. :oops:

As for me, the 2003 was a really nice set but I didn't really get that many cards from it. I did much better in 2004, and in 2005 CC was in the set!

2003:
03RHTT24a.jpg

2004:
[error file not found] :lol:

2005:
05TTRH.jpg

CC05TT.jpg

I'll try to fill in the 2004 when I get a little less lazy/busy. Which will be soon sir, I assure you. (that was a joke for those who don't know me) Anyway, if you have some nice scans of some nice Bo Jacksons from Timeless Treasures, or if anybody else wants to chip in some nice Rickey TT scans, hop on in!! The Temporary Timeless Treasures Thread! Right here on page 9.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
So I was checking out this ebay item and saw this pic...

!BvsmT!gBGk~$(KGrHqQOKioEwQwle+V5BMFndIUEl!~~_12.jpg

The description says... "Hat was signed tuesday June 8, 2010 at chukchansi park in Fresno California pre game to Sacramento Rivercats vs Fresno Grizzlies."

What was Rickey doing in a Rivercats uni 8 days ago? I guess he's a traveling coach with them.... and isn't that the team that Jason Jennings was supposed to play for before he vanished into thin air? So many questions....

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
What was Rickey doing in a Rivercats uni 8 days ago? I guess he's a traveling coach with them.... and isn't that the team that Jason Jennings was supposed to play for before he vanished into thin air? So many questions....

You are correct, Rickey's been working for 3-4 days at a time, travelling around to the A's minor league affiliates as mainly a base running coach. Unfortunately, the one time he was actually in Sacramento (that I know of), I was out of town. I'm hoping to catch him at least once this year!

As for Jason Jennings, I have no clue what happened to him! After a less than stellar spring, the A's did assign him to the River Cats, but I have no idea what happened to him after that.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
RL24 said:

You are correct, Rickey's been working for 3-4 days at a time, travelling around to the A's minor league affiliates as mainly a base running coach. Unfortunately, the one time he was actually in Sacramento (that I know of), I was out of town. I'm hoping to catch him at least once this year!

As for Jason Jennings, I have no clue what happened to him! After a less than stellar spring, the A's did assign him to the River Cats, but I have no idea what happened to him after that.

I read a thing on their website that he left the team due to a death in the family.... last the last time anything has shown up anywhere about him. I thought Twitter was supposed to be a good site for any kind of information you could ever need, but I never see anything on there about him either. I check google twice a week or so, but the only time he ever shows up it's an Astros fan blogging about the terrible trade that brought him to Houston. *sigh*

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Some pretty nice cards listed last night! Too bad the seller is a joker! $10 for s/h!? The really great thing is how ebay doesn't allow sellers to charge for things like gas and time in the s/h costs, but the seller puts right in the description that he charges $10 because his gas and time are so very valuable. :lol: The best part is how it says he's going to ship parcel post which will take 12-19 days. Now that's worth $10! Now, the $10 shipping on his lot of 7 GU cards isn't unreasonable, but I'm sure it must have been an accident. The really weird part about that auction is at the bottom he says "Asking $350.00 that's $50.00 a card." but the bidding is at $127.50 and there is no reserve. ::scratches head::

At least he made my shopping experience this morning a little more exciting.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I tried negotiating with him for awhile on a bunch of his cards, but it just wasn't working out, so I gave up. As for the $350, he orginally had it listed at a $350 starting price, and it didn't sell, so he relisted it again starting at $0.99. I do have to agree, $10 for Parcel Post is crazy, lol!

RL24 said:
Some pretty nice cards listed last night! Too bad the seller is a joker! $10 for s/h!? The really great thing is how ebay doesn't allow sellers to charge for things like gas and time in the s/h costs, but the seller puts right in the description that he charges $10 because his gas and time are so very valuable. :lol: The best part is how it says he's going to ship parcel post which will take 12-19 days. Now that's worth $10! Now, the $10 shipping on his lot of 7 GU cards isn't unreasonable, but I'm sure it must have been an accident. The really weird part about that auction is at the bottom he says "Asking $350.00 that's $50.00 a card." but the bidding is at $127.50 and there is no reserve. ::scratches head::

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
ManOfSteal said:
I tried negotiating with him for awhile on a bunch of his cards, but it just wasn't working out, so I gave up. As for the $350, he orginally had it listed at a $350 starting price, and it didn't sell, so he relisted it again starting at $0.99. I do have to agree, $10 for Parcel Post is crazy, lol!

RL24 said:

All of his auctions ended abruptly last night. I wonder if he decided to keep them, or someone offered him $$ on the sly and he took it. Either way, the $10 thing is kind of funny.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Leffer said:
All of his auctions ended abruptly last night. I wonder if he decided to keep them, or someone offered him $$ on the sly and he took it. Either way, the $10 thing is kind of funny.

He sold them all to someone, I just don't know yet who it was. If he responds to my latest e-mail, I'll let you guys know. I was looking forward to having a shot at that Chrome King of Kings! Oh well.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Hey Scott, what ever happened to "Larry, I have an extra 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 1 #426 (#/100) that I could help you with." Never heard from you. I'll buy it from you since I am sure I have nothing to trade. Lately I have had to hold off on buying stuff since I now need a new computer. My old one decided to start literally eating CDs I put in. They come out with chunks missing. It is time anyway to upgrade, it has been like 6 years. And I am sure that computer years are calculated like dog years. Let me know Scott! [email protected] or via pm here.