Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Slab showoff thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WATER_DOG007

Oct 8, 2008
FLORENCE
KYLEBLANKSREDREF95-1.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ty Hope said:

Garbage Pail Kids!I loved those things when I was a kid.I thought I was the only one who used to like those.Unfortunately, I didn't think about the future back then and applied most of the stickers and didn't take very good care of the rest.Does anyone buy those off eBay?

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
DJ_PUPPY said:

Did you buy that Blanks on eBay probably a year and a half ago?I saw one just like it then in the same holder, had it on my watch list, but couldn't pull the trigger.Think that one sold for $150 or something back then.Wish I had bought it.

WATER_DOG007

Oct 8, 2008
FLORENCE
Yeah, you should've bought it back then, if it was at that price. I had to pay a whopping $325 for it. I have no regrets though. HE is a MONSTER SLUGGER ( IMO anyways)

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
DJ_PUPPY said:
Yeah, you should've bought it back then, if it was at that price. I had to pay a whopping $325 for it. I have no regrets though. HE is a MONSTER SLUGGER ( IMO anyways)

Can't remember if it's the same one or not, but it was in a BGS 9.5 slab and it was relisted at least once.It may have sold for more than I thought it did, was a long time ago.Love the design of those '06 Bowman Chrome.

I recall seeing the '06 Bowman Red Blanks autograph around the same time too, although it was only BIN.Appeared to have damage on it though.Haven't seen it since.

I'm sure you saw what '03 Bowman Chrome Draft Howard gold refractors sold for (he reminds me of Howard, except he bats right handed I believe).

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
someone please link or explain how the different grading services compare.
Is a PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 ??

(If it's already in the thread & I missed it, sorry) :oops:

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
cmixer said:
someone please link or explain how the different grading services compare.
Is a PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 ??

(If it's already in the thread & I missed it, sorry) :oops:

REPHRASE:

Should i spend more on a PSA 10 or a BGS 9.5 of the same modern card?

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
One last try for help -
and also ... what other "legit & credible" slabbers are there?

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
PSA 10 approximates a BGS 9.5. I don't collect PSA slabs but if I did I would pay about the same for each while giving a BGS 9.5 (with all subs 9.5 or greater) a premium over the PSA 10. Other reputable firms include SGC and *** though *** is falling out of favor.

Might as well show off a simple rookie card while I'm here...

Hunter6912.jpg