Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JSABGS Bulk sub official thread - Closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Posted by ALIFAXWA2: If you are interested in participating in a JSABGS bulk authentication sub, please read ALL of the details/instructions below. Let me know if you have any more questions.

****IMPORTANT: with the help of a fellow member, itsinthegrade, we have received the better pricing deal described in the information below. I will be recieving the payments and items, organizing them, and shipping them and a payment off to itsinthegrade. He will be handdelivering the items to JSA and recieving the package from BGS. Without opening it, he will be putting it back in the mail to me (in the exact same packaging BGS sends in). I will be doing the sorting and shipping. If you have any questions/issues at any point, please contact me, not itsinthegrade.

1) Submission Procedure:
a) Download and save this file: LINK to Google Doc file. Edit and save the document and email it to me at 'alifaxwa2 at cox.net'. This file will calculate all fees that due to be sent with the cards (slabbing fees + 25% additional to cover shipping fees[except for the final shipping back to you]).
b) Pay for your items. Checks or money orders should be sent to me with the cards. I will accept paypal via their gift option only and you will cover the fees involved if you want this route. If your check or money order bounces, then I will not send your submission and you will pay for me to ship your items back to you. You must pay in full when you send me the cards.
c) Mail a printout of the excel file, your items (and check or money order if paying that way) to me at; Address removed as everyone has shipped. Be sure to get them to me before 18th of June. Please ship with insurance and delivery confirmation.
d) After the cards are returned from JSABGS, I will bill you (through paypal) for return shipping (exact shipping plus tiny amount for bubble wrap and additional boxes/supplies that I have to buy) once I sort, organize and prepare your packages to return to you. All outgoing packages will be shipped USPS with delivery confirmation and insurance. I am not looking to make money on shipping, nor am I looking to lose money on this sub. Any deficit/surplus on the initial fees will be allocated or added to your return shipping.

2) All items must be shipped to me via USPS with insurance and delivery confirmation. I have no problems if you prefer to ship with signature confirmation. My PO is on the way to/from work, so I can stop there when needed.

3) All items (cards, ICs, photos, napkins, whatever) must be 3x5 inches or less and flats.

4) ALL ITEMS IN THIS SUBMISSION MUST BE SLABBED IF THEY PASS AUTHENTICATION. Grading is optional.

5) There are no items allowed that are valued at or over $500. It is my understanding that JSA will make this determination with item in hand. Please don't play games with this and submit items valued higher. If we get any push back from JSA on any item, I will instruct them to not authenticate the item, as I don't want to have to hold the submission up waiting for 1 person to decide if there willing to pay the higher (and it is alot higher) rate. Fee will be refunded to you if JSA refunds it to me. However, I can say now, that most of the big names, Ali, Jordan, Woods, Mantle, etc are not eligible at this price point.

6) I don't require a minimum item count, but it would be nice to not have to deal with 1 item each from 50 people. Think about the money your saving and send more items.

7) Pricing:
$12 for items less than 3.5x5.25 to be authenticated and slabbed.
$17 for items less than 3.5x5.25 to be authenticated, graded and slabbed.

On top of the fees above, you are Required to add 25% for shipping fees when shipping me the cards:
Items will have be shipped to itsinthegrade
We will be charged to ship the items from BGS to itsinthegrade
And we have to pay for the price for itsinthegrade to ship the items back to me.

8) The submission will be going to ITSINTHEGRADE in late June. It will go out as soon as I can get everything prepared. I will be diligent about not wasting time. But it will take time to get all this stuff prepared, organized, packed, shipped, unpacked, sorted, checked, doublechecked, packaged, and mailed. I will do my best to fair to all of you. Please don't send anything that you must have back by any sort of deadline.

9) When you send me your item, you should package them in individual card savers, with cardinformation stickers on the back. I will be shipping the items out in whatever supply they come to me in. Remember, JSA and BGS doesn't accept screwdowns, and they prefer cardsavers over toploaders.

10) If you are planning on participating, please post in this thread with your expected quantity and card details, and I will keep a running list in this post. This list is considered official intentions (you may change up or down at any time, but please make sure you ship all items and send all payment at once).

11) I am not responsible for JSA's turnaround time. If it takes them a week, that's awesome, if it takes them 3 months, that's not my responsibility. I'll be waiting anxiously just like you.

12) If there is any need for an insurance claim due to mailing problems/damages/losses, I will pay anyone affected a pro-rated portion (based on your stated values) of any USPS shipping insurance claim that goes through. I can't guarantee there won't be any problems, but I will do my very best to minimize the chances.

13) By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by the rules or rule modifications that arise.

14) Be sure you have scans/pictures of your items in case I recieved duplicate items from someone else.

I am sorry for this long list, but it will make everyones (particularly mine and yours) life easier if all these instructions are understood and followed.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Re: JSABGS Bulk submission official sign up thread

Submittor's submission status:
Username................Quant.....ListRecieved.....Paid.....CardsRecieved.....

Alifaxwa2..................6.............Yes..............Yes..........Yes
CarterSprings............2..............Yes..............Yes..........Yes
MartinFFCollector.......2..............Yes..............Yes..........Yes
cmixer......................2.............Yes...............Yes..........Yes
George K..................9..............Yes..............Yes...........Yes
f2tornado.................4..............Yes..............Yes...........Yes

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008

>> question -

it's one price regardless of auto that's being authenticated?
i have a deceased comic book artist's auto (bob kane) i always wanted slabbed ...

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

cmixer said:
>> question -

it's one price regardless of auto that's being authenticated?
i have a deceased comic book artist's auto (bob kane) i always wanted slabbed ...

Maximum item value is $500 as determined by JSA. If it falls under that, then it should be OK.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008

check 1st ... the site says
"JSA's standard authentication fees apply. By way of example, Michael Jordan is a $100 fee, Babe Ruth is a $150 fee, etc."

OK - I'm in for TWO right now:

a trading card signed (with small sketch) by artist Bob Kane
a trading card signed (with small sketch) by artist Todd McFarlane

Making sure I heard right ...
I saw the mailing address - but do i wait to be billed before i pay by paypal?
What would my TOTAL cost be ??
Thanks for everything!

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

cmixer said:
check 1st ... the site says
"JSA's standard authentication fees apply. By way of example, Michael Jordan is a $100 fee, Babe Ruth is a $150 fee, etc."

Making sure I heard right ...
I saw the mailing address - but do i wait to be billed before i pay by paypal?
What would my TOTAL cost be ??
Thanks for everything!
Check out the original post regarding procedures. I just updated it, so hopefully the procedures will be more clear. If not, LMK.

Jordan would not fit under this pricing.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

This is cool! If I have some money by next week I will get in this (as I have cards I want authenticated) but I am going to need a little help figuring all of this stuff out so that there is no confusion. If someone could help me, I will hop in this one

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009

What is pricing just for grading or is this an authentication/grading post? I am possibly looking to get a few cards in my collection graded. PLMK. Thanks!

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

halldogg said:
What is pricing just for grading or is this an authentication/grading post? I am possibly looking to get a few cards in my collection graded. PLMK. Thanks!
Pricing is in line 7

This sub encompasses both.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN

I'll be submitting 2 items. I'll have my stuff sent out today. Thanks!

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Re: JSABGS Bulk sub official sign up thread - Lists due 6/15

I have gotten a bunch of PMed questions, for those that are considering taking part, if you would, please PM so I can get a ballpark estimate of how many more I can expect. But, again, Lists aren't due until the 15th, cards until the 18th, so no rush.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

At this point, it looks like this sub is going to be smaller than I hoped.
Disappointed, but at least it will be easier to deal with shipping.

Still looking for others to join up!

MartinFFcollector said:
Cards going out today. Paypal incoming. Thanks !!
Thanks back!

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008

cmixer said:

Cards went in the mail today:
DC# 03100480000228182140

Paypal: sent $30 by "gift"

THANKS!

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

Thank goodness we're just piggybacking a sub because we'd never reach "bulk" status huh?

I have limited funds thanks to previous purchases so I will have to decide (soon I know) whether to submit in the BGS or JSA/BGS sub this month.

Thanks for organizing this again alifaxwa2!

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008

Just one this time:

1991 Bowman Chipper Jones #569

Also, this is already certified as authentic by JSA/BGS I just need it to be slabbed - is there a service for that or am I going to have to pay for authentication again?

chipper91bowmanauto.png
chipper91bowmanautobackncert.png

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

GAbballplayer148 said:
Just one this time:

Also, this is already certified as authentic by JSA/BGS I just need it to be slabbed - is there a service for that or am I going to have to pay for authentication again?
You can send it in as a standard BGS grading order.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008

alifaxwa2 said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
Just one this time:

I would like to get it encased as Authentic by BGS/JSA though, not graded - just wondering if you know anything about them just encapsulating the card rather than having to pay to get it authenticated (again) and encapsulated.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

GAbballplayer148 said:
alifaxwa2 said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
Just one this time:

I would like to get it encased as Authentic by BGS/JSA though, not graded - just wondering if you know anything about them just encapsulating the card rather than having to pay to get it authenticated (again) and encapsulated.
Yes, you can send it in as a standard BGS order marked Slab as Authentic and they should encapulate it as is.

Members online