Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What type of pen do you guys use for Baseball autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeefreak211

Oct 18, 2008
USA
As question asks... I use a blue pallpoint pen.. but some dont come out as nice as others. I usually scribble on something at first to get the pen going..

But what brand pen do you guys use? I heard a BIC blue ballpoint pen is good but I can't seem to find any BLUE BIC's!! Only black ones.

Currently I use a blue Paper Mate Write Bros. Grip M.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Bic blue ballpoint or Uniball Jetstreams. Always blue ink. The Jetstreams are nice but skipping can be an issue if the player holds the pen at a weird angle.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
To be honest, I don't IP that much but usually it is whatever I got.

Anthony Lerew - I found a BIC pen on the ground that I used
Terry Ryan - I handed him my pen and he refused and used his own, thankfully he did
John Anderson - used a really crappy pen (Uniball maybe???) didn't soak into the leather and got smeared badly

Gary Gaitti, Scott Erickson, Ron Mahay - all used a sharpie

AJ Pettersen gave me his pen and that is my new IP pen for balls and index cards...

Yes I set out certain pens for my autographs. Makes the history of the pen a little cooler lol

yankeefreak211

Oct 18, 2008
USA
Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't been able to find any bic pens at my local Office Depot, CVS or Walgreens? where else could there be? lol

yankeefreak211

Oct 18, 2008
USA
Bought the one and last package of BIC Round Stic blue ball point pens at my local FedEx.. LOL.

Hopefully they come out great on OMLB's. ;)

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
yankeefreak211 said:
Bought the one and last package of BIC Round Stic blue ball point pens at my local FedEx.. LOL.

Hopefully they come out great on OMLB's. ;)

They will, don't worry.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
cards is a blue or black sharpie (silver if the card has a dark color)

balls is usually a blue pen, which I have an autograph pen that AJ Pettersen gave me, but IDK where I put it, I have to go find it

Members online