Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DEREK JETER - 4,000 HIT CLUB -----POLL

How many hits will Derek Jeter have in his career?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I am befuddled that anyone would vote between 3000-3099 hits. He could do that in his sleep while he is doing the nasty with a handful of schwings.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
securedsports said:
I know, I know you all might think I am crazy here, but of all people he would be the one to do it. Here is the breakdown.

2,814 HITS and counting.
36 Years Old turning 37 on June 26th.
Averaged 203 hits in the last 5 years.
No wife or kids.

So 6 years or so at age 43 he could do it. I do not see him slowing down at his age, yes SS is a demanding position, but I see him as a threat to easily get 3,500 hits.

Where will Jeets end up?

I can't believe that nobody corrected you on your math.

JETER IS 35 AND WILL TURN 36 IN JUNE - NOT 36 GOING ON 37!

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
PeteD said:
I'm sure they hand out gold gloves to "average" fielders for fun. ::facepalm::

do you know last year Franklin Gutierrez had the best UZR in the entire game? In fact he had the 2nd best single-season UZR of all time.

there were 3 AL Gold Gloves, and he was passed up all 3 times. clearly Gold Gloves are the worst award for a skill indicator. the voters really need to be educated on who is good and who is just popular sometimes.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I know, I know you all might think I am crazy here, but of all people he would be the one to do it. Here is the breakdown.

2,814 HITS and counting.
36 Years Old turning 37 on June 26th.
Averaged 203 hits in the last 5 years.
No wife or kids.

So 6 years or so at age 43 he could do it. I do not see him slowing down at his age, yes SS is a demanding position, but I see him as a threat to easily get 3,500 hits.

Where will Jeets end up?

Ok update here.

3,142 HITS and counting.
38 Years Old turning 39 on June 26th and having one of his better years.
Averaged 188 hits in the last 5 years.
No wife or kids, or at least we know of.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
do you know last year Franklin Gutierrez had the best UZR in the entire game? In fact he had the 2nd best single-season UZR of all time.

there were 3 AL Gold Gloves, and he was passed up all 3 times. clearly Gold Gloves are the worst award for a skill indicator. the voters really need to be educated on who is good and who is just popular sometimes.
Or perhaps UZR isnt a very good measurement.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Better all around?

i dont recall Jeter being a multi-positional asset or all star.
Well, Jeter makes the all star team almost every year and he has played one position his entire career, he has played that position well enough to not have to move around to find somewhere for him to play to keep his bat in the line up. Not sure how you can knock a guy for only playing 1 position his entire career.

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
For some reason I remembered this poll and wanted to it up to see how far off I was from where he actually finishes. I said 3,700ish at the time, so 250 or so off the mark... can't win 'em all.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
With less than a month to go and 3,447 hits, it looks like Jeter will end up shy of 3,500. It's interesting how well the FCB community did in predicting Jeter's hit total.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts