Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTM help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Monday I will be sending off some TTMs for the first time in a long time. I've wanted to start doing it again for awhile and now that my wife and I have moved and set up at the new place, I figured now is as good a time as any.

My question, I am including a SASE, letter, and a base card or two for signing. Is one stamp going to be enough postage for what I am sending? The envelope feels a little heavy and I don't want it to arrive postage due. I know that 1 stamp will be fine on the SASE, I just want to know if 1 is enough on the outgoing letter, or should I add a second just in case?

Thank you.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
No problem. Let me/us know if you have any more questions. TTMing is a ton of fun.

Whenever I'm not sure about an envelope, I use a kitchen scale. 1 ounce or less only takes 1 stamp.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I really appreciate it. I used to do a lot of TTMing when I was a teenager. In my early 20's, I stopped for some reason, but I've wanted to get back into it again.

I need to get a scale. I don't have a kitchen scale or anything. I'm hoping they weigh less than an ounce. It's a letter, a card, and a folded SASE. I figure 1 stamp should probably do it.

Football season, I will be sending a lot. I plan on keep track of times and success rate so that I can share with others.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
muskiesfan said:
I really appreciate it. I used to do a lot of TTMing when I was a teenager. In my early 20's, I stopped for some reason, but I've wanted to get back into it again.

I need to get a scale. I don't have a kitchen scale or anything. I'm hoping they weigh less than an ounce. It's a letter, a card, and a folded SASE. I figure 1 stamp should probably do it.

Football season, I will be sending a lot. I plan on keep track of times and success rate so that I can share with others.

Hey Joe, I send a card, single sheet of note paper and small sase in one business envelope and just use one stamp. So far, it has worked fine for me.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Here is the formula I've worked out that will arrive for one stamp with a SASE in the envelope. I'm sure some will disagree, but it has never failed me.

Note written on a single sheet of paper: Six cards.
Note written on an index card: Eight cards.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Therion said:
Here is the formula I've worked out that will arrive for one stamp with a SASE in the envelope. I'm sure some will disagree, but it has never failed me.

Note written on a single sheet of paper: Six cards.
Note written on an index card: Eight cards.
That's my rule. The first one makes sense based on it.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thank you Andrew and Billy. I am sure that one stamp will be fine. I just wanted to check and make sure.

My collection is pretty focused when it comes to baseball. Since I don't have cards of hardly any players besides who I collect, does anyone else send index cards? I thought about just sending an index card or two to some players since I don't have anything else to send. I think baseball cards have more eye appeal, but these are all just for my PC anyway.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I always send an index card to older guys (usually along with a card). They almost always sign them. I think on a couple of occasions I've sent only an IC because I didn't own a card of the player.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
muskiesfan said:
Thank you Andrew and Billy. I am sure that one stamp will be fine. I just wanted to check and make sure.

My collection is pretty focused when it comes to baseball. Since I don't have cards of hardly any players besides who I collect, does anyone else send index cards? I thought about just sending an index card or two to some players since I don't have anything else to send. I think baseball cards have more eye appeal, but these are all just for my PC anyway.

I always include an index card when I send to older retired players. If you send to current players they most likely wont sign an index card, i've actually talked to a few minor league players and they mentioned being advised not to sign blank cards due to potential identity theft issues.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
JustinG08 said:
muskiesfan said:

I always include an index card when I send to older retired players. If you send to current players they most likely wont sign an index card, i've actually talked to a few minor league players and they mentioned being advised not to sign blank cards due to potential identity theft issues.

I've heard this too and it makes absolutely no sense.

1) How can you steal someone's identity with JUST their autograph?
2) If you could, why couldn't I use one off of a picture just as easily?

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Therion said:
JustinG08 said:
muskiesfan said:

I've heard this too and it makes absolutely no sense.

1) How can you steal someone's identity with JUST their autograph?
2) If you could, why couldn't I use one off of a picture just as easily?

Oh I totally agree it really makes no sense. I don't collect index cards but it's a shame for those who do, good thing most older players don't mind signing them still.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I appreciate everyone's help and input. For current players, I may just try and buy base card lots on eBay and send index cards to the retired players.

Thank you to everyone for all of their help and information. Please feel free to keep it rolling. :D

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i have heard coaches telling players NOT to sign anything without lines - blank etc.
some players that had signed came back to change their auto. These players were real nice to sign for others when they came back . As for TTM i've only sent two players more than 3 cards only one came back signing all . Most of my autos i get IP at local minor league stadium .

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
tramers said:
i have heard coaches telling players NOT to sign anything without lines - blank etc.
some players that had signed came back to change their auto. These players were real nice to sign for others when they came back . As for TTM i've only sent two players more than 3 cards only one came back signing all . Most of my autos i get IP at local minor league stadium .

Yeah, I know that if someone was crafty enough to steal your identity with just an autograph that those lines would make all the difference in stopping their malicious plans :lol:

Members online