Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for a known bad trader.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

internet detective

Jan 4, 2009
Closer than you think!
Tom Murray.
I see that he is here under the Dr. Tom ID.
How do you or any of your members not realize what he has done in the hobby, and why do you let him trade here.
He has problems as recent as Nov. with suspect auto'd ball when he joined in Sept. after hiding out for several months since being found out as a scammer and Thief, owing another board owner 100's of dollars, selling fake autographs, and selling counterfiet cards and doctoring reprint to look like originals.
He is banned everywhere, ( including as recently as x-mas on Hobby Insider.) He also currently has 3 active names on the Topps board.

This guy is no one that this site needs to be affiliated with.

AKA
Tom Murry
Dr. Tom murry
DrMurryPHD
Tom Allen
Philip Allen
Garkocollector
HOFautocollector
HOFERautocollector
Indiansdguy

Plus multiple freewebs and photobucket sites, and has used at least 6 different address' in the last 3-4 years.

Just a warning to all that may deal with him. ALL information above is verifiable by looking for ANY of the nmes I listed above.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I have his EBAY ID if that would help you out....PM me and I will give it to you....just bought something from him (didnt know it was him) and guess what, I havent gotten it yet...my guess is I never will. I am covered pretty well through PAYPAL on it though...

TK

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I have his EBAY ID if that would help you out....PM me and I will give it to you....just bought something from him (didnt know it was him) and guess what, I havent gotten it yet...my guess is I never will. I am covered pretty well through PAYPAL on it though...

TK
I hope you get your paypal back!

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

He's Indiansguy over on Topps, in case you need to find him. I also have his AIM.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
He responded to me and said the card was on the way and I tracked it and it did come yesterday. Still now that I know what his ID is, I wont be buying anything else from him on ebay...

TK

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
pujolsthomefan33 said:
He responded to me and said the card was on the way and I tracked it and it did come yesterday. Still now that I know what his ID is, I wont be buying anything else from him on ebay...

TK

Congrats on getting your item. You're one of the lucky ones.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Johan Santana #57 said:
Just to clarify, I am NOT him, just lucky to have the same name as him!

Anyone that knows you ...KNOWS you are FAR from anything like that thief. Same name, opposite side of the coin.

You sold stuff for me a while back and everything went a smoothly as anyone could ever hope.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I guess I was one of the lucky ones who actually had a successful trade with him on TCC. It was for a very low-end card though.

He has been banned from Trading Card Central for a very long time but I never knew his actions were as widespread as the Topps.com topic appears to show. Wow.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
ffgameman said:
I guess I was one of the lucky ones who actually had a successful trade with him on TCC. It was for a very low-end card though.

He has been banned from Trading Card Central for a very long time but I never knew his actions were as widespread as the Topps.com topic appears to show. Wow.

I've watched his online actions since 02. Same thing, every time. He'll make good on small end deals until he builds up a decent amount of trust, then goes for the kill on ripping someone off on a high end deal. Typical online thief style.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Pete14Rose said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
Just to clarify, I am NOT him, just lucky to have the same name as him!

Anyone that knows you ...KNOWS you are FAR from anything like that thief. Same name, opposite side of the coin.

You sold stuff for me a while back and everything went a smoothly as anyone could ever hope.

gracias, usually have to clear this up on all sites, but I definitely am not him nor do I aspire to be him ;)

what Jay said is right, he will come make small deals and build the rep and then BAM hundreds lost.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Yeah - if I recall correctly one of his biggest TCC failed transactions involved a Tiger Woods "autographed" golfball that came back not authentic.

Pete14Rose said:
ffgameman said:

I've watched his online actions since 02. Same thing, every time. He'll make good on small end deals until he builds up a decent amount of trust, then goes for the kill on ripping someone off on a high end deal. Typical online thief style.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
ffgameman said:
Yeah - if I recall correctly one of his biggest TCC failed transactions involved a Tiger Woods "autographed" golfball that came back not authentic.

Pete14Rose said:
ffgameman said:

The Tiger Woods auto golf ball on TCC is just one of amny, many thefts by him. There is the fake auto baseballs he tries to sell, the "item arrived empty" scam he took someone for just recently on HI for $2500, the fake tobacco card scam he tried just recently on Topps....and the list goes on...and on...and on.

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
I stated my case about this trader when he was still active here to a moderator and gave as much much evidence as I could provide.I hope it is what got him banned.I have to give credit to the moderator I talked to as he seemed to care about what I was saying and it appears action was taken after our conversation.I don't know if I was catalyst for getting him banned from here but I wouldn't feel bad if I was.No matter how nice he talks it's only matter of time before he starts ripping people off.