User Tag List

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 858

Thread: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern Ont.
    Posts
    2,109
     justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Going through some sets a buddy gave me to sell I came across this 1997 Upper Deck Capture the Flag White Back Variation of McGwire Also found an Roberto Alomar, Ramon Martinez, Steve Finley (x3) and David Cone.

    Yes, all are available.


  2. #152
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out with this. I have 2 cards from 2002 Bowman (Alex Herrera and Alexis Gomez) that have silver foil stamping on them instead of the regular gold. I opened a lot of this product, but these are the only two silver foiled cards I ever found. Is this just a simple error, or actually something worth mentioning?

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Is there a Robin Yount error card of Sportflic ?

    What year and does anyone have a scan ?
    >>>>MY CARD COLLECTION<<<<

    Now Collecting :

    ROGER CLEMENS - WADE BOGGS - MANNY - PEDRO - YAZ - REDSOX GREATS

  4. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,016
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donutme
    Is there a Robin Yount error card of Sportflic ?

    What year and does anyone have a scan ?
    1986 and the error says Yankees on the back instead of Brewers.

  5. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,187
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    I didn't see these listed, same as the 1997 Mirror Image errors. Missing refractor wording.



    Collecting Andruw Jones HR ticket stubs:
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

  6. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    ^ nice grade

  7. #157
    Senior Member DeliciousBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Posts
    3,301
     deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

    1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

  8. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,187
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.
    Collecting Andruw Jones HR ticket stubs:
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

  9. #159
    Senior Member DeliciousBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Posts
    3,301
     deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.


    The fronts are both identical; the same silver foil that all the 1998 Showcases use.

    I have a Ryan Klesko Showcase that's numbered 30 instead of PP10. As soon as I figure out where I've got it stored I'll scan that one as well.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

    1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

  10. #160
    Senior Member DeliciousBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Posts
    3,301
     deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Still wondering if anyone knows anything about those Showcases.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

    1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

  11. #161
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,187
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.


    The fronts are both identical; the same silver foil that all the 1998 Showcases use.

    I have a Ryan Klesko Showcase that's numbered 30 instead of PP10. As soon as I figure out where I've got it stored I'll scan that one as well.
    Looking at the fronts on the left, the fronts definately look different? Or at least the colors appear to be off? Btw, are these samples? That may explain why the numbering is off?
    Collecting Andruw Jones HR ticket stubs:
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

  12. #162
    Senior Member DeliciousBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Posts
    3,301
     deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.


    The fronts are both identical; the same silver foil that all the 1998 Showcases use.

    I have a Ryan Klesko Showcase that's numbered 30 instead of PP10. As soon as I figure out where I've got it stored I'll scan that one as well.
    Looking at the fronts on the left, the fronts definately look different? Or at least the colors appear to be off? Btw, are these samples? That may explain why the numbering is off?
    Those two cards you can just barely see the tops of aren't the fronts of the Showcases; they're Flair promos. I just took the page right out of the binder and scanned it like that. The fronts of both Score Showcase cards are 100% indentical, they look just as they should.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

    1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

  13. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,187
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.

    The fronts are both identical; the same silver foil that all the 1998 Showcases use.

    I have a Ryan Klesko Showcase that's numbered 30 instead of PP10. As soon as I figure out where I've got it stored I'll scan that one as well.
    Looking at the fronts on the left, the fronts definately look different? Or at least the colors appear to be off? Btw, are these samples? That may explain why the numbering is off?
    Those two cards you can just barely see the tops of aren't the fronts of the Showcases; they're Flair promos. I just took the page right out of the binder and scanned it like that. The fronts of both Score Showcase cards are 100% indentical, they look just as they should.
    Guess I should have realized that being that they are in a binder page. For some reason, I thought you had them scanned seperately and the fronts were on the left. to myself!
    Collecting Andruw Jones HR ticket stubs:
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

  14. #164
    Member brewerfan99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    741
     brewerfan99
     @brewerfan99
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    Just got this card in the mail today from topps ... let me know if its an error! Thanks



    The plate is clearly blue with a yellow sticker on the back.

    -al
    Always looking for Ryan Braun "Red INK" auto's

  15. #165
    Senior Member DeliciousBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Posts
    3,301
     deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

    OK, so here's another one. I bought a box of 1986 Leaf a few years ago, and noticed that several of the cards had distinctly purple borders, versus the standard blue. Probably one of those situations where the presses were low on ink, but it doesn't affect the pictures whatsoever, just the borders. They fell weird in the box as well: if I got triples, one was a purple. If I got doubles, both were blue. If I just got a single, it was 50/50 blue/purple. I tried to capture it in the scans but it's best seen in person.

    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

    1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •