Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Going through some sets a buddy gave me to sell I came across this 1997 Upper Deck Capture the Flag White Back Variation of McGwire Also found an Roberto Alomar, Ramon Martinez, Steve Finley (x3) and David Cone.

Yes, all are available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out with this. I have 2 cards from 2002 Bowman (Alex Herrera and Alexis Gomez) that have silver foil stamping on them instead of the regular gold. I opened a lot of this product, but these are the only two silver foiled cards I ever found. Is this just a simple error, or actually something worth mentioning?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a Robin Yount error card of Sportflic ?

What year and does anyone have a scan ?
    >>>>MY CARD COLLECTION<<<<

Now Collecting :

ROGER CLEMENS - WADE BOGGS - MANNY - PEDRO - YAZ - REDSOX GREATS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donutme
    Is there a Robin Yount error card of Sportflic ?

What year and does anyone have a scan ?
    1986 and the error says Yankees on the back instead of Brewers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see these listed, same as the 1997 Mirror Image errors. Missing refractor wording.

Collecting Andruw Jones HR ticket stubs:
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ nice grade

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon
    Are there any known variations for the 1998 Score Showcase cards? I'm asking because I have two identical Scott Rolen Showcase cards, except one is numbered 68 (same number as his base), and the other is numbered PP29. Other than the card #, both cards are identical, right down to the yellow Showcase Series logo on the back. I have a very vague recollection of this back when the cards came out, but it never shows up on any variations list. I'm really hoping this is gonna be something stupidly rare or cool (got it at the same time I picked up my Rolen 05 DK non-canvas /20 for a dime )
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones
    Interesting, looks like they screwed up the numbering on your showcase card. The one #'d to 68 should be the base. Do you have scans of the front and back? I will have to start looking at my cards now to see if I can find any errors as well.

The fronts are both identical; the same silver foil that all the 1998 Showcases use.

I have a Ryan Klesko Showcase that's numbered 30 instead of PP10. As soon as I figure out where I've got it stored I'll scan that one as well.

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still wondering if anyone knows anything about those Showcases.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fronts are both identical; the same silver foil that all the 1998 Showcases use.

I have a Ryan Klesko Showcase that's numbered 30 instead of PP10. As soon as I figure out where I've got it stored I'll scan that one as well.
    Looking at the fronts on the left, the fronts definately look different? Or at least the colors appear to be off? Btw, are these samples? That may explain why the numbering is off?
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the fronts on the left, the fronts definately look different? Or at least the colors appear to be off? Btw, are these samples? That may explain why the numbering is off?
    Those two cards you can just barely see the tops of aren't the fronts of the Showcases; they're Flair promos. I just took the page right out of the binder and scanned it like that. The fronts of both Score Showcase cards are 100% indentical, they look just as they should.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those two cards you can just barely see the tops of aren't the fronts of the Showcases; they're Flair promos. I just took the page right out of the binder and scanned it like that. The fronts of both Score Showcase cards are 100% indentical, they look just as they should.
    Guess I should have realized that being that they are in a binder page. For some reason, I thought you had them scanned seperately and the fronts were on the left. to myself!
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

brewerfan99
     @brewerfan99
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got this card in the mail today from topps ... let me know if its an error! Thanks

The plate is clearly blue with a yellow sticker on the back.

-al
    Always looking for Ryan Braun "Red INK" auto's

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so here's another one. I bought a box of 1986 Leaf a few years ago, and noticed that several of the cards had distinctly purple borders, versus the standard blue. Probably one of those situations where the presses were low on ink, but it doesn't affect the pictures whatsoever, just the borders. They fell weird in the box as well: if I got triples, one was a purple. If I got doubles, both were blue. If I just got a single, it was 50/50 blue/purple. I tried to capture it in the scans but it's best seen in person.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast