Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Anyone know if all 1984 Topps cards came in this variation? I have looked through over 1700 Andre Dawson 1984 Topps cards and did not find a single one with head in box

Pretty sure the head in box was a test and possibly a 1/1 type Topps Vault product. I saw them sell a Rickey before.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Pretty sure the head in box was a test and possibly a 1/1 type Topps Vault product. I saw them sell a Rickey before.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Thanks for the info, I was really hoping to find one after seeing this thread.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Anyone know if all 1984 Topps cards came in this variation? I have looked through over 1700 Andre Dawson 1984 Topps cards and did not find a single one with head in box

The quantity of these cards are unknown but they are definitely not 1/1. They are basically Topps proofs from sheet "A". They are blank backed and sports collectors digest says there are 66 different cards like this including an Andre Dawson.

This Dawson is currently on ebay(not mine)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
The quantity of these cards are unknown but they are definitely not 1/1. They are basically Topps proofs from sheet "A". They are blank backed and sports collectors digest says there are 66 different cards like this including an Andre Dawson.

Thank you very much for the information, it is very much appreciated.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey

There are more than 66. I had an uncut sheet a few years back which I made a killing on after I cut them up. Supposedly more rarer than the blackless, but who knows?

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
They said the sheets had 66 cards on them. I am not sure how many sheets were made though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm sure a zillion of these were tossed back in the day and even now.

1988 topps glossy all star offer card.

In error, Topps printed "cards not included" and they quickly corrected it AFTER they covered it up with this error.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here's the scan

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1379368946287.jpg
    1379368946287.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 72

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
DaveMartinezYellow.jpg

Just got it in and not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Here is the latest variant I have found out about... 2006 Fleer. The team logo (on the front AND the back) have either the copyright circle R, or the Trademark TM... Bust out your variants boys!

2006%20Fleer%2022%20Variant.jpg

saraceno21

Oct 18, 2012
I heard about a couple of variations I didn't know existed today from bbcgalaxee in 2002 bowman draft.

BDP125 Bret Myers can be found with his last name as Myers or Meyers on the card back
BDP133 Drew Henson can be found with his position as either OF or 3B on the card back

I checked my inventory and out of 9 Hensons I had (3) 3b variations and from 7 Myers I had (4) Meyers variations.

Last edited:

Members online