User Tag List

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Can't see what the problem is with having the misprints in this thread too. I understand the thought of the thread, but don't have a problem with adding more to it.

Ryan
    I agree. Put them all on this thread. I love error cards, proofs, etc. Might open up this site a bit. Has gone stagnant.
    Keith

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Thanks to Gonzalez collectors I found some more minutiae last night that may or may not qualify as a variation. You can find 1992 Donruss with silver lettering or dark gray lettering, see here:
    https://juangone.com/collection.php
    In the right light the difference is pretty clear between the two, but there are cards with in-between shades so I'm guessing it's a printing variation rather than an intentional printing change. But I was able to flip through my duplicates and pick out all the variations gray/silver and INC/INC. so of course I'm counting them
    I wonder if the variations exist for the 1992 Donruss McDonald's or the 1992 Donruss Cracker Jack?

Scan inconsistencies, or variations?

1992 Donruss McDonald's MVP Series #5 - Nolan Ryan
    Courtesy of COMC.com

1992 Donruss McDonald's MVP Series #5 - Nolan Ryan
    Courtesy of COMC.com
    Last edited by MatthewN; 06-16-2016 at 01:30 PM.
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    Now that this has become the wrong back / print waste / foil flaw thread (all stuff I appreciate), maybe its time for a new error & variation thread?

Like this thread began (a cut and paste of the work compiled by myself and Onionring9 on the BMB boards), it would be nice to see an ongoing information source for errors and variations on this board.

Thoughts/ideas on starting a new thread...is this one even salvageable?
    I understand where your coming from but nothing's been moving here except what I've been posting. If it's here or a new thread let me know because I'm not done.

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I found something today that might make some 70's collectors cry. I picked up a ton of 1976-77 MSA discs, Orbakers and Big T and Pepsi and Detroit Caesars, you know the stuff. There were a few Carousel discs, which all seem to have the store location rubber-stamped on the back. The two Don Suttons I got had two different store stamps; one was the Fayette Mall store #428 , the other was Bashford Manor Mall #427 . The third Carousel disc was a Fred Lynn, store #428 with a different font on the stamp (I'll try to get a scan at some point). So how many different back variations exist on these? Is this common knowledge, or does anyone care?
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/21/18): 1. Glaus: 2096 - 2. Rolen: 1686 - 3. Thome: 1638 - 4. Helton: 1521 - 5. Garciaparra: 1461 - 6. L. Walker: 1317 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1311 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1307 - 9. Edmonds: 1090 10. Biggio: 1072 - 11. A. Beltre: 1052

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon View Post
    So, I found something today that might make some 70's collectors cry. I picked up a ton of 1976-77 MSA discs, Orbakers and Big T and Pepsi and Detroit Caesars, you know the stuff. There were a few Carousel discs, which all seem to have the store location rubber-stamped on the back. The two Don Suttons I got had two different store stamps; one was the Fayette Mall store #428 , the other was Bashford Manor Mall #427 . The third Carousel disc was a Fred Lynn, store #428 with a different font on the stamp (I'll try to get a scan at some point). So how many different back variations exist on these? Is this common knowledge, or does anyone care?
    Im not a 70s guy but always like to find out the info on these types of things.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Watcher033
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love MSA discs. I know about the variations, but no clue how many or if any are more sought after.
    Will Style 13
    Brady Anderson Collector currently 932/1245 75%

www.comc.com/Users/Watcher033

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across a pair of 2002 Bowman base cards with Silver foil print, instead of the usual Gold foil. I opened close to a case of this stuff back in the day, and these are the only two Silvers I have. Does anybody know if this is a known error/variation, or if it even applies to all the cards in the set? Figured with all the player collectors and variation experts on the board, somebody would know.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's common knowledge to those who collect the various different discs and variations. There are somewhere around 20-25 different locations, maybe more as I have the list stashed away somewhere.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    That's great info, I'm not a huge fan of these discs (grabbed these because they were a great price), but I know if I do get really into them, I'll have a lot of work!
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/21/18): 1. Glaus: 2096 - 2. Rolen: 1686 - 3. Thome: 1638 - 4. Helton: 1521 - 5. Garciaparra: 1461 - 6. L. Walker: 1317 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1311 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1307 - 9. Edmonds: 1090 10. Biggio: 1072 - 11. A. Beltre: 1052

Bay-buyer-09
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this was posted or acknowledge bur I just found this two this week as I was trying to gather them up.

1990 Fleer #634 Fernandez / Ripken - U.S.A. & U.S.A (No Dot after the A)

1992 Fleer #26 Ripken - U.S.A. & U.S.A (No Dot after the A)

I didn't know until this week, hmm....

Bay-buyer-09
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Ripken of this also....

I have NOT found one on the other 3 Ripken cards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calripkenjrcollector View Post
    I have the Ripken of this also....

I have NOT found one on the other 3 Ripken cards
    INC/INC. variations exist for all the 1992 Donruss Ripken cards except for the Diamond Kings. There is also another subtle variation adding another layer of cards to chase. The name on the front of the cards (again all except the Diamond Kings) shows a variation of color...one is a lighter silver and the other is darker gray. In fact, it appears from your scans, you have an example of both. Again, an INC/INC. variation for each color variation.

Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calripkenjrcollector View Post
    Not sure if this was posted or acknowledge bur I just found this two this week as I was trying to gather them up.

1990 Fleer #634 Fernandez / Ripken - U.S.A. & U.S.A (No Dot after the A)

1992 Fleer #26 Ripken - U.S.A. & U.S.A (No Dot after the A)

I didn't know until this week, hmm....

I was aware of the 1990 Fleer variation, but was not aware of the same variation in 1992 Fleer, thank you!
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1991 Fleer has it also...