User Tag List

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    Any ideas if Jose has any types of variations airbrushing or foil differences?
    I haven't come across any airbrushing or plate change variations. He definitely has a copper/bronze foil version and most likely a silver too.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    I haven't come across any airbrushing or plate change variations. He definitely has a copper/bronze foil version and most likely a silver too.
    Sweet! I'd love a copper/bronze and silver version. Is this only for gold WINNERS or are gold regulars in play as well? Also need all 92 leaf black gold silver versions if he has any.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    Sweet! I'd love a copper/bronze and silver version. Is this only for gold WINNERS or are gold regulars in play as well? Also need all 92 leaf black gold silver versions if he has any.
    I have not seen a true copper version of the regular non-winners gold cards. I have noticed a difference in the gold foil color between pack-pulled golds and factory golds. Not to say this variant is only found that way but I always compare any pack pulled golds to my factory set golds and they usually differ but this probably doesn't matter to most collectors.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the leaf silver Griffey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman31 View Post
    I have the leaf silver Griffey.

Looking to buy or trade for the Sandberg Leaf black gold silver version. Great card deadman!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    I have not seen a true copper version of the regular non-winners gold cards. I have noticed a difference in the gold foil color between pack-pulled golds and factory golds. Not to say this variant is only found that way but I always compare any pack pulled golds to my factory set golds and they usually differ but this probably doesn't matter to most collectors.
    Looking for the 1992 Sandberg Topps black gold winner in silver and bronze; buy or trade.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1992 Studio Full Gloss Front vs Partial Gloss Front.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please let me know if anyone has a 1992 Leaf Silver and the '94 Topps Winners variations of Puckett for sale.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace17 View Post
    Ah, so I didn't imagine those!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huhhh? This is a new one on me. Does partial gloss mean it's just less glossy overall, or that part of the front is missing the glossy coating entirely? Got a pic??

Quote Originally Posted by Grace17 View Post
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    Please let me know if anyone has a 1992 Leaf Silver and the '94 Topps Winners variations of Puckett for sale.
    PM sent on some variations I have.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Huhhh? This is a new one on me. Does partial gloss mean it's just less glossy overall, or that part of the front is missing the glossy coating entirely? Got a pic??
    From the ones I saw, it was a difference in the entire front being glossy, or just the photo and not the border.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I trawled the net a little and found a few examples here:

https://www.rcbaseballcards.com/1992-...ror-cards.html

The price tag is, uh, hefty, but they have pics and it looks like the whole card is glossy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
    From the ones I saw, it was a difference in the entire front being glossy, or just the photo and not the border.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe you can feel the difference on the studio. Like the non glass has a "tacky" bumpy feeling instead of a smooth gloss. I have seen some of those in other sets and never thought about them as variations until this discussion. Now I wish I knew what sets/cards they were

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That site also lists 1992 Studio bronze/gold variations with the photos/scans of the back. Maybe that's been widely discussed, but I guess it was new to me.

https://www.rcbaseballcards.com/uploa...0_i1_w771.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Thanks. I trawled the net a little and found a few examples here:

https://www.rcbaseballcards.com/1992-...ror-cards.html

The price tag is, uh, hefty, but they have pics and it looks like the whole card is glossy or not.
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.