Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Well it seems like those 1988 Topps AS send away cards with the black arrow is not on anyones need list. No bids the last one.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
This is from the 2007 Bowman Draft set...the MLB RC's come in two different green colors...and this variation only came out of one box that I had, none of the other 4 or 5 had the color change...hope it shows
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I found a 1990 Henderson Fleer MVP with different cropping. cant find one with the thick bar across the top. does anyone have a photo of any of them?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
SouthSideSluggers said:
This is from the 2007 Bowman Draft set...the MLB RC's come in two different green colors...and this variation only came out of one box that I had, none of the other 4 or 5 had the color change...hope it shows
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg

That's called different levels of blue and yellow ink in the printer at the time that they're run.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Ah, those are all part of the magic sheet that includes the Frank Thomas NNOF. Somewhere there's a site that has the whole sheet reconstructed and shows how all the cards were ordered on the sheet and where all the black ink is missing.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
DaClyde said:
Ah, those are all part of the magic sheet that includes the Frank Thomas NNOF. Somewhere there's a site that has the whole sheet reconstructed and shows how all the cards were ordered on the sheet and where all the black ink is missing.

I think I've heard about that site. :D

Sep 11, 2009
BunchOBull said:
DaClyde said:

I think I've heard about that site. :D
aren't you the one who started it :lol:

Sep 11, 2009
1992 Score Dream Team Variation
On the variation the back is 180 degrees from the regular version. The variation also has the copyright line on it. ( I have Thomas and do not know if the other cards have this variation. Note: I used other cards from COMC because I do not have my Thomas' scanned and have them packed away but you get the point.
07bk.jpg

1994 Leaf Limited Gold
I don't know if this is a true variation or not. The foil on the back on most of the cards is the same as the front of the card. the variation that I have is that the foil on the back is gold. I have this for 3 different cards and their numbering all fall around 6500-8000 print run range.
1994leaflimitedgold.jpg
1994leaflimitedgoldvari.jpg

Sep 11, 2009
1992 Score Dream Team Variation
On the variation the back is 180 degrees from the regular version. The variation also has the copyright line on it. ( I have Thomas and do not know if the other cards have this variation. Note: I used other cards from COMC because I do not have my Thomas' scanned and have them packed away but you get the point.
07bk.jpg

1994 Leaf Limited Gold
I don't know if this is a true variation or not. The foil on the back on most of the cards is the same as the front of the card. the variation that I have is that the foil on the back is gold. I have this for 3 different cards and their numbering all fall around 6500-8000 print run range.
1994leaflimitedgold.jpg
1994leaflimitedgoldvari.jpg

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Anyone have info on all the error cards in 89 UD? I have some B&W variations that i am trying to locate. But wanted to know what the error were besides the Sheridan And Murphy. Thank you very much folks!!!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
1981 Topps Scratch-Off Variations. Each player seems to have 4 different combinations. Here they are for Bake McBride.

1981ToppsScratch-OffVariations.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Marro said:
Anyone have info on all the error cards in 89 UD? I have some B&W variations that i am trying to locate. But wanted to know what the error were besides the Sheridan And Murphy. Thank you very much folks!!!

Heres what I remember:

1. Mike Gallego: reverse neg on back
2. Fred Manrique: either reverse neg on back or wrong photo on back (not sure)
3. Sheffield: upside down "SS"

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I recently submitted to Rich Klein a 15 year old, previously uncatalogued basketball error. I actually pulled it in 1994, but it's been unknown till now

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
The other day I realized that Sean Berry's 91 Score has his name spelled incorrectly. Yesterday I looked on the back of a Vinny Castilla 2005 Topps "own the game" it says Ortiz had 13 RBIs in 2004. I know that both of these were probably found right after they were released, but I think its cool to find something like this yourself.

Members online