User Tag List

Thread: 2010 Annual UW Picture Day - Jake Locker & Nick Montana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2010 Annual UW Picture Day - Jake Locker & Nick Montana

So today was the annual University of Washington Picture Day at Husky Stadium. A good number of people braved the 95 degree heat to get autos and pictures from the football, men and women soccer teams, as well as the women's volleyball team. Once they opened the gates it was a mad dash to get in line for Jake Locker and then an hour wait before the players even came onto the field. Since it was so busy there really wasn't any time to chat with the players as the event staff pretty much just pushed everyone along. It was worth it though, as I was able to acquire Mini Helmet autos of Jake Locker and Nick Montana! 2 awesome additions for the PC! Rumor had it that Joe Montana was in town to visit and watch practice, but I wasn't able to find him.

Jake Locker

Nick Montana

Chris Polk

Jake Locker Auto

Nick Montana Auto

joelmcook
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2010 Annual UW Picture Day - Jake Locker & Nick Montana

Very cool photos... I met Jake Locker when he was sophomore in college and he seemed really nice. I just wish I had something for him to sign then...

Collecting anything Detroit: Lions, Tigers, Pistons, and Redwings
    Set(s) I am actively working on
    1964 Philadelphia Football
    Let me know if you have anything!

North of the Baysox, South of the Orioles
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you able to get whatever you wanted signed. On SCN last year there were stories of some colleges having signing days and only letting the players sign a poster made available by the university for the price.
    BENSON'S BULLPEN - My TTM Autograph Collection

Screw You Photobucket, my banners went bye-bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benson
    Glad you able to get whatever you wanted signed. On SCN last year there were stories of some colleges having signing days and only letting the players sign a poster made available by the university for the price.
    There were rumors running up and down the line about that. At one point someone said they weren't signing helmets, and my heart sank. Yet when my turn came to step forward, Locker and Montana both signed with a smile. I think it helped that I said "thank you." I was shocked at how many people simply grabbed their signed item and walked away. Montana almost looked surprised that I said thank you after he was done.