Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New cornerstone for the collection and some advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
I won this last week and it showed up today. This is probably the sweetest thing I own (and also the most costly!).

IMG-1.jpg

I was just wondering what is the best way to display something like this. It came from tops in a 8.5x11 toploader, and I usually put everything into binders. I could put it in (with toploader) a 3 ring binder sheet and into my misc. binder. Any other ideas?

Tim

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
I guess I want to preserve it. Im not sure display was the right word. More like storage. Like I said, most of my stuff I keep in binders, I dont just want to throw it in a box.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Archival safe document protector from Hobby Lobby or some other hobby store...if you use a 3 ring document sheet, make sure it is archival safe and put an acid-free backing behind it inside the page.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Bunchobull-thanks, thats what I was looking for me thinks.

GVSU- SWEET! I agree it would look nice with that, if youre ever looking to move it put me first in line!

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
TramFan3 said:
Bunchobull-thanks, thats what I was looking for me thinks.

GVSU- SWEET! I agree it would look nice with that, if youre ever looking to move it put me first in line!

It's a late 80's early 90's one I think.
Not the same bat in the picture but close.
50729976.jpg

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I love document frames, all UV glass surrounded by a simple black frame, it's what I put my stuff in to hang. Also, so thats the piece they mention they get the auto from to use when printing the simulated auto on the various cards through the years? Very cool.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
coltsnsox07 said:
I love document frames, all UV glass surrounded by a simple black frame, it's what I put my stuff in to hang. Also, so thats the piece they mention they get the auto from to use when printing the simulated auto on the various cards through the years? Very cool.

Yeah, though this signature didn't make it to a card. Trams first facsimile auto was in 1980, he had signed a new contract by then. This was signed a little less than 3 weeks after he was drafted in 1976.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Cut it up and make a baseball card!!!

I kid, I kid!!!
Very cool. As others have said, frame that baby and put it up on a wall!!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Nice! I saw this in the completed items section after the post about the Mantle contract. I was surprised that it went that high, but it seems that there are more Trammell collectors now than what there were just a handful of years ago.
Tram was my idol growing up as a teen and is to this day my favorite Tiger. I collected him for quite some time and had a lot of auto 1/1's, /3's, /10's, /25's 3-color patch auto's, ect. I decided to let it go a couple years back and I'm willing to bet that you may have picked up a few of those cards.
I actually gave that up to pursue more of Lefty Grove as he spent the last years of his life where I was born and raised in Norwalk, Ohio. It was a tough choice but I couldn't afford both.

Anyhoo, that's a Great Tram item to add to your collection. I would have to concur with those that said to frame it and hang it on the wall. I'd want to pass by that and take a peek everyday as that sig Alan "Stuart" Trammell along with the fact it was signed in '76 makes that a very rare auto and item. And as far as that goes, I can see that item only climbing in value in the future.

Great snag!

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Musial - I'll think about it, haha

Randy- Thanks, I hope I did get a few of the ones you sold off. I plan on framing it an hanging it next to a handwritten letter I received from Ernie Harwell. I dont think ive ever seen another Trammell auto with his middle name either.

Members online

Latest posts