Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary buyback. Anyone have these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
I've been searching for the Tommy John since that set was released. Not a single one has appeared. I am beginning to wonder if they actually released ALL of them, or just a few to drive us crazzy.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I've yet to find the Winfield, but I've managed to scrape up the Roberto Kelly, Dave Henderson and four of the Hensley Meulens (high numbers seem to be the most prevelant). Seems people gave up on busting 2009 UD products as there haven't been many of these added to eBay or COMC in a long time.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Only one Clark has shown up and I lost out of it, but Magic Papa pointed me in the right direction for a Robby Thompson and I have the Jose Uribe with Thompson pictured on the back.
1989UpperDeck20thBuyBackUribe.jpg
1989UpperDeck20thBuyBackUribeBack.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If I remember correctly, they were about 1 per box or so.. I can't rembered who I pulled, but I did manage to pick up an Edgar Martinez.. Not sure where I put them.. I guess I have to look now..

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I have this auto...

AndersonBuyback.jpg

And a bunch of the regular 20th cards here...

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
TNP777 said:
I've never seen a Butler, and I've been looking since day 1.

old email to my UD buddy

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 1:43 AM
To: UPPER DECK
Subject: (no subject)

any way you can help a buddy out?

THANKS!!

I've been looking for an embossed Brett Butler buyback since the product was released and haven't seen one anywhere - I've checked the obvious places: eBay (including the description check box), COMC, sportlots and the Beckett Marketplace. Since I'm assuming that all players in the '89 set were purchased, embossed and released into the wild, what're the chances that 1) Upper Deck held some back as replacements, and 2) that they'd respond to a request to purchase one outright from them.
...................................................................................

All in the market.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've never seen a Sveum. There's a few on sportlots, including Ozzie Smith and Roberto Alomar

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A shop by me has one, a common Brewers pitcher, IIRC. Teddy Higeura, maybe.

Members online