Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$54,000 Can Feed Haiti for a Month...Or Just the Cowboys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
That really is pretty excessive.

The more I here people talk about the story - the more it seems to me that's the case. Kind of a dick move by Williams - and the guys taking $1000 bottles of wine home.
I get the whole hazing thing - and picking up a tab is a reasonable thing in a typical circumstance....this seems to be a bit much though, bordering on cruel or divisive to what team bonding should be. Their lucky Bryant seems to be a good sport about it (at least to the media).

I know Bryant will make a lot this year, but that's still a pretty big tab (considering it was kind of forced on him) ......but since he was a good sport, maybe it;d be nice for Jerry Jones to kick back some of the tab. Even if it was just half and behind closed doors - just my .02.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
rymflaherty said:

The more I here people talk about the story - the more it seems to me that's the case. Kind of a dick move by Williams - and the guys taking $1000 bottles of wine home.
I get the whole hazing thing - and picking up a tab is a reasonable thing in a typical circumstance....this seems to be a bit much though, bordering on cruel or divisive to what team bonding should be. Their lucky Bryant seems to be a good sport about it (at least to the media).

I know Bryant will make a lot this year, but that's still a pretty big tab (considering it was kind of forced on him) ......but since he was a good sport, maybe it;d be nice for Jerry Jones to kick back some of the tab. Even if it was just half and behind closed doors - just my .02.

While I agree with you, it's not like Dez Bryant can't afford it. He got $8.3 million in guaranteed money from his rookie contract. This bill isn't even 1% of that guaranteed money.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Weimer said:
rymflaherty said:

While I agree with you, it's not like Dez Bryant can't afford it. He got $8.3 million in guaranteed money from his rookie contract. This bill isn't even 1% of that guaranteed money.
Right. Based on his yearly salary, it's not so excessive as a percentage. It' only .007%. If you broke it down to a "normal" salary like $50,000, it would be $350, which seems totally acceptable fot a large party's food and drinks, and take home wine.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Weimer said:
rymflaherty said:

Right. Based on his yearly salary, it's not so excessive as a percentage. It' only .007%. If you broke it down to a "normal" salary like $50,000, it would be $350, which seems totally acceptable fot a large party's food and drinks, and take home wine.

That's true, but I was thinking of the 8.3 is his guaranteed money over a 5 year contract. I did the same type of thing, which is why I thought it was rather extravagant - but it would be unfair to use an average salary over 1 year vs. his combined guaranteed salary over 5 years. So if you're coming up with a yearly salary (or average salary) it's something closer to like 1.66 million before taxes and not even getting into other expenses a pro athlete needs.
Which if I'm doing my math right - is more like $1650 out of a $50k salary.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
55_marlins_sp said:
So, Roy Williams has his best game since 2006 or so, and stick's it to Dez ? I can't wait to see goose eggs in the box score this week for Williams, oh, except in the drop category. ::facepalm::

Then let's see what Roy does (oh, and it was great to see Roy do the "Hook 'Em" after his TD. Didn't Texas lose 34-12 to UCLA the day before ?)

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that Roy won't have any drops this week.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
If I'm Dez Bryant I have a new hobby for a couple of years: Making Roy Williams spend the most amount of money possible every single time I get the chance. It got really ******* when players were taking $1000 bottles of wine home.

Members online

Latest posts