Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey talk Thread Part Deux, 2010/11 edition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
After talking it over with Dave (pghbuccos), we decided that we would start a new "Hockey Talk Thread" for the 2010/11 season.

What is "The Hockey Talk Thread" and why do we need it if we have a Hockey Forum?

Consider THTT much like the morning thread on the Baseball boards or the daily thread on the Football boards. It is a thread for us Hockey members to talk about anything Hockey that is on our minds that might not need a separate thread of its own. Usually we have most of our game day talk in this thread. Talk about a player having a big game, or a minor trade or signing or maybe even some hobby news that you want to share.

Really this thread can be used to talk about anything that is on your mind, even stuff that isn't Hockey related but you wanted to share with the other FCB Hockey members.

Here's to a great 2010/11 Hockey season...

2cmk64z.jpg

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
Well living in Minneapolis I can hardly wait for Chicago and some real teams to come through so we can be treated to hockey. The Wild are horrible. State of Hockey my Butt

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
TurbosHockey said:
Well living in Minneapolis I can hardly wait for Chicago and some real teams to come through so we can be treated to hockey. The Wild are horrible. State of Hockey my Butt

Yeah i feel sorry for you Wild fans, other than Marian Gaborik you guys have never really had a great Hockey talent that has played for the Wild. I thought when you guys drafted Benoit Pouliot 4th overall in the Crosby draft that he was gonna turn into a big NHL star, but alas he did not.

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
Luckily I am not from here originally and could never get myself to cheer for them being a transplanted Winnipegger. They have a long road ahead of them before they make the playoffs.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
TurbosHockey said:
Luckily I am not from here originally and could never get myself to cheer for them being a transplanted Winnipegger. They have a long road ahead of them before they make the playoffs.

ahhh your from "Winterpeg" ;)

Do you have a favorite NHL team after the Jets left? Do you follow the Blue Bombers at all still?

Those where some great Flames/Jets games back in the 80's, in the days of Hawerchuk, Steen, Maclean and company.

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
The 80's treated the Jets well, and to this day I still do not follow a team. I follow players more like Toews and Crosby and Sakic when he was still playing. I get my weekly updates on the Bombers from my parents that live in Pinaewa just outside of Winnipeg. 3 down football rules.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
TurbosHockey said:
The 80's treated the Jets well, and to this day I still do not follow a team. I follow players more like Toews and Crosby and Sakic when he was still playing. I get my weekly updates on the Bombers from my parents that live in Pinaewa just outside of Winnipeg. 3 down football rules.

Yeah i know with Toews being from Winnipeg he has a huge following from Winnipegers. Glad to hear you still follow the Bombers. Im a big CFL fan as well (I actually have Stamps season tickets), except i am hardcore Calgary Stampeders fan ;)

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
What a great fight last night in Edmonton Calgary game. Big Mac and Ivannas in great heavyweight tilt. Best fight of the preseason so far. I know Big Mac is freakin monster, huge props to Ivan for hanging with him. Hope Big Mac is fixture in Edmonton to protect the young guys on roster. He even got a goal.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Earlier tonight Mike Cammalleri basically attacked Isles Top Prospect Nino Niederreiter with a vicious Slash. I just seen the video of it while watching Toronto/Detroit. Once i find video i will post it (or if anyone else has it), it was pretty brutal. They are saying Cammy is probably facing a suspension to start the year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=336118

Edit -heres the video :shock: :shock: :shock:

[youtube:1dnv277x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo[/youtube:1dnv277x]

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
that is a ton of Blue Marchers in Quebec. good for them and I do hope Quebec City gets a team soon.

Cammalleri apparently lost his mind and definitely needs to be suspended for the slashing the cross check and just for being an ass.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Derek Boogaard with a sackshot on Chris Neil...

[youtube:1vbrjp7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHnyWlgjPjw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1vbrjp7s]

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
G $MONEY$ said:
The pretty girls live in Western Canada :cool:

:lol:

Good for them! I hope they get a team back, and then the Flames can get a new arena with that fat federal $$$!!!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
that is a ton of Blue Marchers in Quebec. good for them and I do hope Quebec City gets a team soon.

Yeah they estimated that more than 50, 000 fans came out in support of the Nords. Thats quite a bit of people for something that is nothing more than a dream at this time.

But seriously, Quebec City should get their team back, times have changed and with the US/Canadian dollar almost par these days (Compared to $0.50 back in the early 90's) and with the salary cap, there is no doubt the team would succeed. They live and breath Hockey out in Quebec.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts