Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BREAK CANCELED: 35-Case Bowman Chrome Group Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Re: 35-case Bowman Chrome 2010 Group Break

MarlinsManiac20 said:
I would think about joining if we maybe randomized what we were getting every 3 cases or so because the risk of getting stuck with a chrome card for the whole break is whats driving me away.
It would be a logistics fiasco

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

MarlinsManiac20 said:
I would think about joining if we maybe randomized what we were getting every 3 cases or so because the risk of getting stuck with a chrome card for the whole break is whats driving me away.

I appreciate the suggestion, but wow, there is now way that could ever work...

switch every 3 cases or so, boy, not sure even a computer could keep with all those changes and who's hit is who's and what pile goes to what person

It will already be a lot of work, but not many takers at this point, so may never even happen

Axe

Oct 3, 2010

i would most definately be in for 1 spot

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

by the way...
for those of you who have done these on here before, is it typically this slow to get some action or do people wait til closer to the break...

I figured it would be tough to fill, but this is a bit slower based on feedback and discussions.

Axe

Oct 3, 2010

brentandbecca said:
by the way...
for those of you who have done these on here before, is it typically this slow to get some action or do people wait til closer to the break...

I figured it would be tough to fill, but this is a bit slower based on feedback and discussions.

no idea on this site since im basically new here, but as for the other one im in, they usually do fill a little faster than this, especcially in the beginning, though this has to be the biggest most intense break by a huge margin ive seen, thus why i finally joined th site, heh. would it be against rules to advertise this on other forums?

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

brentandbecca said:
by the way...

Usually quicker, I think this break is so daunting and large in break size and price some of the regulars are shying away.

Honestly, I think if you did 5-10 cases at a time max, and do it by randoms with Teams not slots you might have a better shot

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

ljw29 said:
brentandbecca said:
by the way...

Usually quicker, I think this break is so daunting and large in break size and price some of the regulars are shying away.

Honestly, I think if you did 5-10 cases at a time max, and do it by randoms with Teams not slots you might have a better shot

the 5-10 cases splits were an idea discussed but then it would create way more slots to sell, so the idea went away
the team slots aren't that bad as some team will yield 600 cards and tons of rookies and parallels, shoot, break it and sell the team sets...
but i hear you

taking them out would only increase slot price by quite a bit

this was best way agreed upon, but does not appear to be flying, but hey, that's cool

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida

ljw29 said:
brentandbecca said:
by the way...

If they were to do it in 5-10 cases at a time, after the 2nd one, people would move on as it would be old already..
1 shot deal, you get a lot cards fairly early in the time it takes to sell hot cards

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

Casebusters said:
ljw29 said:
brentandbecca said:
by the way...

If they were to do it in 5-10 cases at a time, after the 2nd one, people would move on as it would be old already..
1 shot deal, you get a lot cards fairly early in the time it takes to sell hot cards

They would at least have some moved in the partial and some breaks on here I have seen go three or four breaks deep.

I wish them luck but have my doubts on the break

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

problem was if I didn't do the full 35 cases I would have been accused of doing all kinds of things since i'd have to break or sell the other cases

i've got time, so we shall see

ljw29 said:
Casebusters said:
ljw29 said:
brentandbecca said:
by the way...

They would at least have some moved in the partial and some breaks on here I have seen go three or four breaks deep.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

Respect that completely, if the 35 does not fill any chance of a smaller version maybe by Random Teams or still gonna be slots even then?

brentandbecca said:
problem was if I didn't do the full 35 cases I would have been accused of doing all kinds of things since i'd have to break or sell the other cases

i've got time, so we shall see

ljw29 said:
Casebusters said:
ljw29 said:
brentandbecca said:
by the way...

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

When I did the 20k+ in oval office breaks. It was slow at first. Then it caught on. Spots were a couple hundre a piece.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

5 slots sold

and no plans on smaller break

perhaps due 30 teams or something but it would be like $975 a slot or so, wow

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

Brent,
Put me down for 10 slots. I may do more.

I worked with Brent to make sure there would be an enormous amount of value across the maximum number of slots.

For example:

Prospect Autos you're looking at about 10 autos including parallels. So that's 40 guaranteed money making slots.

The Top 100 slots are really nice. You'll be able to sell top 100 sets or player lots and easily recoup your money on them. The bowman versions sold really well.

The Top 100 parallel lot...wow, should be an easy positive ROI there.

The toughest slots may be in the prospect player lot area. There are some duds, but there are some studs and some projectable players in there as well. You're looking at about 120 cards per prospect player including parallels.

The Strasburg auto lots are an easy money maker both for parallels and chrome autos. I'm hearing he'll be seeded at the same rate as the others, so you're looking at about 6 or 7 chrome autos and 3 or 4 parallels.

Team USA Dual autos - you're getting every one from 35 cases for $130...seems like a great slot.

Team USA Autos...seeded at 1 in 5 boxes, which should be about 4 of each if it breaks right...might be more of a breakeven group of slots.

Team USA chrome and parallels...depends on seeding, but should still be a profitable slot.

The Team slots with Vets and Green RC should return a positive ROI at 35 cases worth of volume...but there could be some slots that don't hit nice parallels, but I still think most sets should return a profit because Team sets of Bowman Chrome tend to do pretty well on ebay. If you don't want to go that route, then sell player lots from your team and then piece out the parallels. We added the Green RC's to these team lots to really increase the value here.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010

Jim. Thanks so much.
Any certain slot numbers before randomized?

Members online

Latest posts