Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector contest thread: Travis Fryman entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
So, growing up a Tigers fan, my first favorite player was Alan Trammell. As he was winding down his career some, a rookie named Travis Fryman came up and was playing the same position as Tram. About the same time is when I was first getting into collecting sports cards and I decided I would try to pick up a few Fryman rookies as I could. This was back in 1990. Well, later that year, Travis was signing at a show here in Toledo and I took my Tigers baseball and got it autographed by him. I was hooked after that.

I've been collecting Travis for 20 years now and have nearly managed to find every pack issued and oddball issued item of his (cards, postcards, team issue, etc). I built a website to show off most of the items I've collected over that time. http://chief7575.webs.com/tfrymanmenu.html

I figure to have 873/889 cards/postcards that have been issued along with 12/78 1 of 1's that have been produced. He has 5 certified autographs, of which I have multiple copies of all of them, including his 2005 Topps Fan Favorites Refractor (I think I have 7 or 8 of the 25) . I also have multiple copies of his only 2 game used issued cards.
05ToppsSigAutoRef.jpg 97PinnacleMagentaPlateFront.jpg 98UltraMast1of1back173.jpg

Other misc items include posters, 8x10, 3 replica jerseys, a pennant and 3 bats, 2 of which are game used. Fryman_bats2.jpg

Members online

Latest posts