Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

best autograph pen/marker for NHL jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Just wondering what should I use to get my Bruins jersey signed? It will be on the yellow jersey numbers.
Ive been leaning towards black sharpie but I'm afraid of the ink bleeding into it. I also have a silver or gold paint pen but i'm not sure how that would look on yellow.

My original thought was to find a black paint pen, since that might work the best but Im having a hard time finding a decco-color black paint pen.

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
On 2 of my 3 jerseys I have had them signed on the number with a black sharpie and haven't had any problems with bleeding.
DSC01644.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
yeah i have a few NHL jerseys signed in black sharpie and they are all fine as well. A couple of them i had signed almost 20 years ago and they are still fine.

I just also thought of someone you can contact and ask about this as well. The FrozenPond.com is the biggest sellers of signed NHL merchandise on the Web. You could always contact them at [email protected] and ask them what type of Pens they use on all of their jerseys. Im pretty sure they use Black sharpies as well, but you can ask them just to make sure.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
awesome..thanks for you help guys. I'm gonna shoot that guy an email, just to see what he uses.

I hit a few art stores this afternoon and picked up a Sharpie black paint pen and a Med decoColor paint pen.
I tested them out and a few black sharpies on a spare MLB tackle twill jersey number and its not that bad... there is slight bleed but nothing major.

Hopefully if all goes well, I'll have a photo of the jersey to show you guys....I'm hitting the bruins practice tomorrow.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Bosox3 said:
awesome..thanks for you help guys. I'm gonna shoot that guy an email, just to see what he uses.

I hit a few art stores this afternoon and picked up a Sharpie black paint pen and a Med decoColor paint pen.
I tested them out and a few black sharpies on a spare MLB tackle twill jersey number and its not that bad... there is slight bleed but nothing major.

Hopefully if all goes well, I'll have a photo of the jersey to show you guys....I'm hitting the bruins practice tomorrow.

yeah when you shoot frozen pond an email, just ask them what type of market they use on their autographed jerseys. They are usually really fast in getting back to you on questions like that. Most times within a day they will get back. Please let us know in this thread, when they tell you what type of marker they use, as i am interested to know myself, although i do believe its a fine point sharpie or reg Black sharpie.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
I received the email back this morning from them.

Dark numbers - silver or gold paint pens
Light / white numbers - Blue Medium point Staedtler marker.

this works out pretty good since I missed out on getting my jersey signed this morning and had left my staedtler marker at home. (still not sure if I want it in blue though)

Travel days are the wrong days to want to clean up. lol Most had to hurry to catch their flight to Washington for tomorrow's game.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Bosox3 said:
I received the email back this morning from them.

Dark numbers - silver or gold paint pens
Light / white numbers - Blue Medium point Staedtler marker.

this works out pretty good since I missed out on getting my jersey signed this morning and had left my staedtler marker at home. (still not sure if I want it in blue though)

Travel days are the wrong days to want to clean up. lol Most had to hurry to catch their flight to Washington for tomorrow's game.

I'm gonna hit a Bruins practice one of these days. Who are the best signers on the team? and worse. You ever see Cam at practices?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
thanks for posting the info you received. I have never used a Staedtler marker and will have to buy one to see what they are like.

Members online

Latest posts