Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling investments to early...$300 loss.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
So over the summer I bought 15 Danny Granger SPx Auto/Jerseys at about $9-12 a piece. He didn't have a very good pre-season ,so I decided to sell them and put the money elsewhere. What a bad move. He's avg. 26ppg now and they've been selling for around $30 a pop. Cost me about $300 profit. Anyone else sold a card to early?

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
:oops:
Pre-season #'s? Are you serious? ouch!
:lol:
You win some(Bosh, Harris), you lose some(I don't know when you bought our sold Bynum, Granger). Whatever happened to your Bynum cards? I remember you had him in your sig for like the first week of this website...and that was it.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Wehttam6 said:
You win some(Bosh, Harris), you lose some(I don't know when you bought our sold Bynum, Granger). Whatever happened to your Bynum cards? I remember you had him in your sig for like the first week of this website...and that was it.

Yea, I dumped Bynum pretty early on. He just wasn't going to get enough touches with all the scorers the Lakers have. He's having a good game tonight (currently watching game).

PS: Wehtam6, you won a contest. Whats your address?

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
AKA Coastal said:
Wehttam6 said:

Yea, I dumped Bynum pretty early on. He just wasn't going to get enough touches with all the scorers the Lakers have. He's having a good game tonight (currently watching game).

Which one?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Wehttam6 said:
AKA Coastal said:
Wehttam6 said:

Which one?

You've entered the most contest and not won. So you win.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
AKA Coastal said:
Wehttam6 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":zay4m4rc]
Wehttam6 said:

Which one?

You've entered the most contest and not won. So you win.[/quote:zay4m4rc]
Thanks for the self-esteem boost. :cry: :lol:
Yay! I'm a winner!...or loser!...or w/e!

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Nice work Wettham6, easiest contest ever.....Coastal I have sold so many, but I took the worst hit selling Wade too early. I had Exquisites of Wade as well, I still made a little $$$ but I the potential to make a lot more was missed. Win some and lose some.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
AKA Coastal said:
So over the summer I bought 15 Danny Granger SPx Auto/Jerseys at about $9-12 a piece. He didn't have a very good pre-season ,so I decided to sell them and put the money elsewhere. What a bad move. He's avg. 26ppg now and they've been selling for around $30 a pop. Cost me about $300 profit. Anyone else sold a card to early?

Honestly, AKA, after last season, I am surprised you let bad PRE-SEASON numbers scare you into selling early.

I am kind of broken hearted for you.

I have never really bought and sold NBA cards, nor have I ever sold early in baseball.

So, sadly, no.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Uofo2212 said:
Nice work Wettham6, easiest contest ever.....
No, sir, it takes talent to enter every contest and lose. I'll probably lose this "free" one.
And geez, Coastal, Granger is fourth in the entire league in PPG.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
It's not really a $300 loss, unless you sold everything for less than the $9-$12 you bought it for.
It's happened to me a million times, don't sweat it. For every miss where I sell too early, there's a few that I hit just right, so I don't really care.

minpin

Dec 27, 2008
Manhattan
I was sitting on five Daniel Gibson Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor RC's and sold them the second week of the Playoffs two years ago for about $65 each........only to see them climb to $85.00 the next series :x

I was in each for an average of $32.00 so I ended up okay.....

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I probably sold my Stuckeys too early. I sold them in the summer when the rumor of Billups getting traded and Stuckey started came out. I made a nice return, and have not follwed his sales of late. I did not have an Exquisite or anything all that high end.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
D.Wade SPX rc autos. When they came out were 50-55 DLVD. I had 35. I got around 75 per and was so excited. The money seemed like a ton then but imagine if I had held on. Likely largest investing mistake in bulk that I made. I am glad though that I invested in 03-04 exquisite and got out at the right time. When those big buyers left the market got really soft. I now only have one non-pc basketball card.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
D.Wade SPX rc autos. When they came out were 50-55 DLVD. I had 35. I got around 75 per and was so excited. The money seemed like a ton then but imagine if I had held on. Likely largest investing mistake in bulk that I made. I am glad though that I invested in 03-04 exquisite and got out at the right time. When those big buyers left the market got really soft. I now only have one non-pc basketball card.

Ouch, I owned 6 BC Auto's Refractor /50 Wade's...and sold them for $300's. They reached alot more than that.

Members online