Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Hockey Pickup Thread - November 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Weimer said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Weimer said:
I'm not disputing that at all. I think they're pretty cool. I just don't know much about them.

NEVER too late to learn, never.

I know. I'm attempting to learn.

im lazy, so i will C&P a recent blog i posted:

================================

Young Guns Vs Rated Rookies

Panini will release "Donruss Hockey" later this month.

It got me to thinking, will their "Rated Rookies" subset (seeded 1:6 packs, same ratio as UD's MEGA Popular "Young Guns" subset) give Young Guns a run for their money?

a little back history for those not into Hockey Cards.....In an era where "rookie cards" have to have one or more of the following features:

Autographed
Game Used Patch and/or Jersey
Shiny
individually machine numbered

Heres the kicker.....Upper Deck's Young Guns do not have ANY of the features listed above, none, zero ziltch.

Young Guns have held their own over the last decade in the ever changing market that almost DEMANDS the above traits for "rookie cards"

Pretty cool, eh? i think so too, and im a huge Young Guns supporter.

With Panini now in the NHL game, i wonder how their "Rated Rookkies" are going to do in the hobby.

riquelminho

Jun 11, 2010
This came today.

TheCup09-10FoundationsPatchesAU5.jpg

The Cup 09-10 Foundations Patches AU /5

-Jyrki-

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I got another Patrick Kane Cup card in the mail today :D

2yw626g.jpg

It looks super cool next to the Enshrinments i got last week.

nxum1s.jpg

Im trying to collect as many of the 09/10 Patrick Kane cards that i can, so if anyone has any other Kane Cup cards that they are selling, hit me up with a PM please :D

Ive got a few more nice Cup cards enroute (a couple MAFs :D ), but the funny thing is, is these two CUP cards of Kane were ordered about a week after my MAF's and my MAFs have still not arrived :x

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
mattyphil said:
Thanks, been lurking for quite awhile.

Cool, can u give us some background info on yourself? Like whats your favorite team? And what do you collect? Do u Player or Team collect?

Well your obviously a Hockey fan, so i hope you become more active here on the Hockey boards. We have a great group of guys over here and everyone is very friendly so don't be shy ;) Check out our "Hockey Talk" as well. Its a thread to really talk about everything and anything, but it obviously has a strong flavor for Hockey :p

Hope to see more of you around the Hockey boards/

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Mattyphil very nice Young Guns and Hedman Future Watch. glad you decided to stop lurking and join us.

Bilko congrats on another sweet Kaner. I can't wait to see the MAF's :mrgreen:

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Great pickups guys! Love those Kane Cup pieces G$!

Dave, do you have an off switch? :lol: Seems like every day you have a sweet MAF pickup.

I have to start looking for some more Briere and Zherdev stuff, I'm just really deep in my Tyson Jackson National Treasures hoarding right now. :lol:

Welcome to the FCB Mattyphil!

Members online

Latest posts