Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pencil signatures?

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pencil signatures?

I don't care for pencil sigs, in fact, I hate them, but I am looking at a PSA/DNA authenticated cut of someone that I REALLY need for the PC, and I noticed it is in pencil. It is pretty bright for being from the 40's, but is there a good chance for fading? I just want to be sure before I drop money on it.

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pencil signatures?

Pencil won't fade.
    Hello again.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer
    Pencil won't fade.

I suppose because it's graphite (or lead), it won't fade...

TY for the help

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TBTwinsFan
    I don't care for pencil sigs, in fact, I hate them, but I am looking at a PSA/DNA authenticated cut of someone that I REALLY need for the PC, and I noticed it is in pencil. It is pretty bright for being from the 40's, but is there a good chance for fading? I just want to be sure before I drop money on it.
    If its a player that you need for the PC I say pick it up now to scratch it off the checklist...you can always take time to search for a better one down the road and its a win/win for you
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some of my vintage customs, I'll prefer dark pencil signatures over ink simply due to the lessened possibility of the ink bleeding from the adhesive.
    Hello again.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metallicalex777
    If its a player that you need for the PC I say pick it up now to scratch it off the checklist...you can always take time to search for a better one down the road and its a win/win for you

Yeah! I am going to pick it up as soon as I get paid.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer
    For some of my vintage customs, I'll prefer dark pencil signatures over ink simply due to the lessened possibility of the ink bleeding from the adhesive.

That makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you don't like pencil autographs? I think they are awesome with vintage autographs, really adds an air of vintage to an autograph. And like others have said, there is no chance of fading or bleeding.

I would be interested in seeing yours once you get it.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9
    Wow, you don't like pencil autographs? I think they are awesome with vintage autographs, really adds an air of vintage to an autograph. And like others have said, there is no chance of fading or bleeding.

I don't know why I don't like them... probably because I do more with current stuff, and for a current player to sign with pencil is stupid...

Or maybe it's because they are erasable, and I live with people who don't understand anything about autograph collecting.... if I were to accidentally leave a pencil sig out, it would be erased in a heartbeat... I try to keep them up, but it's hard sometimes.

Thankfully this one is in a PSA case... so I am willing to drop money on it.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seller basically cut the price almost in half for me including shipping...

100% going to do it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!!

Can't wait to see what you are getting.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be the centerpiece of my Gopher collection. IDK if there is a PSA registry or not, but I don't think there are too many of these. If there is, oh well. There are more for me to buy

He wasn't the greatest player, but he was an AWESOME coach!

Haha. I just don't want to give away the name. I wish I had Coach Anderson on something single signed, because that would be nasty having both in the same room together...

The signature isn't from his college coaching days, it's from his pro, but that's fine.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why I don't like them... probably because I do more with current stuff, and for a current player to sign with pencil is stupid...

Or maybe it's because they are erasable, and I live with people who don't understand anything about autograph collecting.... if I were to accidentally leave a pencil sig out, it would be erased in a heartbeat... I try to keep them up, but it's hard sometimes.

Thankfully this one is in a PSA case... so I am willing to drop money on it.

Now accidents happen but seriously...somebody would just come up and erase it? Wow.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I to assume you have little ones running around the house? Because I would think an adult would respect your possessions and NOT erase something without asking.

This is why my man room is off limits to man and beast unless invited in. My cats lay at the open door but won't come in, because they know they will incur my wrath.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I to assume you have little ones running around the house? Because I would think an adult would respect your possessions and NOT erase something without asking.

This is why my man room is off limits to man and beast unless invited in. My cats lay at the open door but won't come in, because they know they will incur my wrath.

Yes. I have 2 younger sisters, and 2 younger cousins. My collection is a mess, and I am trying to spend some time and money to get things off to BGS, PSA, in boxes, plastic cases, and sold or traded... everytime I see an index card with pen all over it, I always fear for the worst. Thankfully, nothing yet, except for an autograph card that was given to me that got folded in half.

We lost internet in our house, so I went to my grandpa's, and long story short, he and my dad agreed I could have the room I was using for a study room/sports room. I keep many of my index cards and questionaires and things in that room, and being that it is only 1 block away, and nobody but me goes in there, I feel it's pretty safe... because my grandpa is the only one that goes in there. I keep it pretty clean, so nothing goes missing, or gets damaged.

I have so much crap, that nobody respects my collection. I literally have cards EVERYWHERE, because people would buy me BOXES and BOXES of commons that I didn't want, nor don't need... I can't get rid of them short of tossing them, but my dad won't let me toss them... so I am in a big bind.

U

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast