Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Rare" 90s inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
nevermore said:
DocGoodenCollector said:
Here are few more that were not mentioned.
1992 donruss super diamond kings
ultra platinum medallions
1998 online winners
1999 ud exclusives level 1
1999 ud exclusives level 2

I have never seen the dwight gooden's for any of these sets.

Level 2 was 1/1 parallel.

As for the Online Winner, I've never even seen an example of the card.

Level 2 was a 1/1 parallel for the series 1 set ONLY.
Level 2 in Series 2 was changed and numbered to 10.

I don't know which series your guy is in, but if he's on both then you have a shot at getting at least 1 of them.. maybe.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
darthtampon said:
[Somebody was pimping this set early on these (or the temp) boards. The auction was for a complete set for $200. Since you seem to have the set do you think it is worth $200?

Hold up. That was my post and I was not "pimping" - I was alerting player collectors, maybe spamming at a stretch. Pimping means I got a cut of any proceeds generated by a sale or sales. I didn't.

It's a tough issue in my opinion - a position I continue to hold.

Don't put me in the category of a pimp. :?

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
Anybody know about the 1995 Studio(s) i have cards that say authentic autograph but they list as a base card and 20 cents. :?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
ostrander111 said:
Anybody know about the 1995 Studio(s) i have cards that say authentic autograph but they list as a base card and 20 cents. :?
i think there was a post on thoses

HawaiianLance, looks like ill be pimpin soon :lol: :lol:

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
magicpapa said:
ostrander111 said:
i think there was a post on thoses

HawaiianLance, looks like ill be pimpin soon :lol: :lol:

Where was this post at?

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
darthtampon said:
Somebody was pimping this set early on these (or the temp) boards. The auction was for a complete set for $200. Since you seem to have the set do you think it is worth $200?

Helping player collectors find a rare card of their player that is often listed incorrectly is not pimping. :?

gracecollector: Jeez...You make me sick! :D

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
GriffeyThunderclap.jpg

These may have been taking a page out of the book of the 93 Ultra Scoring Kings from basketball, but they are absolutely breathtaking in person.

ArodMirror.jpg

The '97 Certified Gold Team Mirrors are also an impossible find, and look incredibly awesome. At one point I had almost the complete set, but was unable to find Frank Thomas to complete it.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
I really like the Thunderclap's too. I pulled a McGwire GM in '96. My biggest pull back in the day. Somehow it got misplaced over the years. :evil:

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
nevermore said:
DocGoodenCollector said:
Here are few more that were not mentioned.
1992 donruss super diamond kings
ultra platinum medallions
1998 online winners
1999 ud exclusives level 1
1999 ud exclusives level 2

I have never seen the dwight gooden's for any of these sets.

Level 2 was 1/1 parallel.

As for the Online Winner, I've never even seen an example of the card.

The online winners were quite rare..there was a post on beckett a while before the switch, people were posting their scans.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
George_Calfas said:
1997 Totally Certified Platinum Gold, serial numbered to 30. I have the #1 PSA registry set and I am missing 11 cards, VHTF. Set grades mostly PSA9 or 10!.
jr1.jpg

Those are some of the nicest looking cards I have seen. From you experience do graded versions sell better than raw copies or are they pretty even? I'm also debating wheather or not to regrade the 9 as it and the 9.5 have matching serial numbers. Also, do you need an Andruw Jones?

2007AllenGinter0028-1.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
of all these sweet cards, NO inserts are rookie years of any major player? Just a couple 97 int'l refractors and 98 crusaders ordonez? no others, anyone??

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
hofautos said:
of all these sweet cards, NO inserts are rookie years of any major player? Just a couple 97 int'l refractors and 98 crusaders ordonez? no others, anyone??

How's this?

RODRIGUEZ11.jpg

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
HawaiianLance said:
I hate you. :lol:

I still want to know why, after I bought out a huge slice of his collection, the guy didn't mention he had THAT.

Lance :mrgreen:

Oh don't even get me started Mr.Crusade! :D
I'm glad he "forgot" to mention that. Was hard prying it out of his hands.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Lots of great cards listed in this thread. There were some absolutely incredible cards made in the 90s. I wanted to say thank you to edwards_everything. Because of his post, I had to go out and pick up one of these:

1999ToppsGalleryofHeroes.jpg

I had never seen them before and as he mentioned, they look so damn nice. When you hold it to the light, it does look like a stained glass window. Very sharp card and very affordable.

I also wanted to share my scan of my 5 Star Bonus I just got in. Another amazing looking 90s insert.

1998Select5StarBonus.jpg

Pinnacle made a lot of great cards. I picked this one up just over a year ago.

1996PinnacleSkylines.jpg

I got it in a trade. I don't know if they're very rare or not, but the last Griffey I saw sold for 60+. Very cool looking insert card. I don't know how many different players they made cards of these for, but they are very sharp.

I'll finish up with this. I think the 1996 Stadium Club Xtreme Player redemptions are pretty sharp too. You don't see a lot of the Gold ones.

1996StadiumClubGoldXtremePlayerG-1.jpg

So if anyone has any more to add or wants to share scans or whatever, bring them on. :D

Joe

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I saw Magicpapa post a 1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Seriagraph insert, and it reminded me how much I love that set. I have all 10 in a box somewhere. It's cool when you put them together their is one long painting on the card backs.

0a10_1.jpg

One card I've always wanted to own, and is one of the rarest inserts of the 90's, is the autographed version of this insert. Peter Max signed 40 copies (I think) of each. They go for big bucks, as you have art collectors buying them up too. Anyone have one to show off?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
for some reason mine is not numbered, but was told it was pack pulled at the card shop, ive heard others say they have saw them too like that, auto is under UV and looks real enuff for me
toppsgalleryMAXauto.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts