Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone working on any projects?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It's a lazy Sunday, so I figured I would see what you guys are working on. I am doing a project, but I am also trying to get most-all of my non-personalized autographs sent to JSA, but I have a stack of hockey cards that I could locate US adresses for so I am going to try and hammer them out. I found 2 RC of Pat Murray, and 2 Logo Flyers cards (these work great for autographs). It should take a while to get them all sent out.

After the major project ends, I am going to solely work on vintage TTMs until I go to college. I hope to nab 2-300 hundred of them.

So what else are you guys working on?

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
TBTwinsFan- I wouldn't worry about slabbing your cards if you are keeping them for yourself. You know they are real. Nice slabs are great to have, but the costs will add up. I spend that money on more cards and stamps.

Therion- Once Clint Barmes has played I'll send an auto your way, unless you're looking for something in particular for him.

As for me:
1991 Topps set (have 96/792)
1991 Topps Traded set (have 12/132)
1955-1966 Topps Gene Freese cards (have 10/11)
2010 Topps 2020 (have 2/20)

Probably forgetting some minor ones.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
17ROCKIES12 said:
TBTwinsFan- I wouldn't worry about slabbing your cards if you are keeping them for yourself. You know they are real. Nice slabs are great to have, but the costs will add up. I spend that money on more cards and stamps.

Therion- Once Clint Barmes has played I'll send an auto your way, unless you're looking for something in particular for him.

As for me:

I am not doing it for authenticity, except on a couple, I am doing it for possible re-sale value, because if I go to college, I would rather sell a bunch of authentic's (vintage is basically what I am authenticating... not all of them). It's also for protection and looks.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
17ROCKIES12 said:

As for me:

Sweet. I'd be much obliged. I was hoping I still had a 1991 Topps Curtis Wilkerson, but that is a popular set and I'm all out. If I put together another signing (though that is highly unlikely) I'll get one for you.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
my side project(not just ttm), is to get an auto of every national ever. I think the hardest I have left is Frank Robinso, or Soriano. or maybe Strasburg(although he is rumored to be signing at natsfest) and Harper(when called up)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
jeff550 said:
my side project(not just ttm), is to get an auto of every national ever. I think the hardest I have left is Frank Robinso, or Soriano. or maybe Strasburg(although he is rumored to be signing at natsfest) and Harper(when called up)

I thought about doing it for the Nats too, but I probably won't since many of those guys won't sign TTM. Zim did and I am going to have it slabbed so I know for sure...

That should be a fun project!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
jeff550 said:

Gonna include the Expos or just stick to the Washington incarnation?

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Therion said:
jeff550 said:

Gonna include the Expos or just stick to the Washington incarnation?
Im gonna stick to Washinton now, but as can afford more, i might expand it to Expos and eventualy Senators.

RepublicaninMass

Mar 31, 2010
massachusetts
SCAN TIME

1955 topps Brooklyn Bums auto'd team set. I am just missing Hodges and Jackie Robinson. I'd like to have them all in uniform holders shadowboxed around a 1955 pennant with a press pin or something else neat. I have been working on this one more than 5 years. Also working very very slowly on a 1952 auto set,about 150 so far, about 90% of the living guys

img148.jpg

img149.jpg

img150.jpg

img151.jpg

img152.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am going to find a Coach Anderson autograph to go with my Siebert, then I am going to have them both framed.

I am also starting a small one... but with the JSA submission, I am going to get Manning TTM and have it JSA authenticated

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Every pacer in a pacer uni, preferably on 8x10s, but cards if necessary (wayman tisdale for example). And I'm still plugging away on my topps set.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
jeff550 said:

When is NatsFest this year? Have the announced it yet?

thenavarro

Dec 19, 2010
I'm working on a couple projects. One is a 60 card set of the 1988 Notre Dame National Championship football team, so far I have 50 of the 60, but one of the 10 I'm missing is deceased, so I only have 9 more to go.

The second project is my main one, I collect HOF & Legends signed rookie cards from all years, all sports, all fields. I have over 630 so far with no end in sight.

Mike

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
My projects are all non-sport;
Main Cast sets of;
That 70s Show (completed)
Trading Places (the Eddie Murphy movie, not the cable redecorating show, completed)
Chuck
Ghostbusters
Addams Family (90s Movie)
Back to the Future
StarWars (the originals only)
The Sandlot
the Goonies

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've got 3 projects planned for 2011:

1. I just recently started with TTM autographs of my favorite player, John Olerud, and am going to try to get an autographed card from each year of his career. So far I have 1990, 1991, and 2002. I'm currently waiting on 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2005. I plan on sending more as soon as I can get hold of more US stamps.

2. Because Pat Hentgen is now the bullpen coach for the Jays, I thought I'd try to get an autographed card for each year he was with Toronto (1992-2000, 2004). He's always been a favorite of mine and I figure it's worth a try.

3. I'll probably also try to get a few current Blue Jays, especially Ricky Romero. I think A&G's look really nice, so I bought a 2010 team set to try to get signed. I've also picked up a few 2010 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractors of Romero, since I think they'll look really good signed in blue Sharpie.

- R.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I think I am going to start my set next year... I am going to either do a 2004 Just Rookies (biggest hurdles would be Pedroia, Lester, Adenhart, Perkins, and others) or get a new set to do.

Members online