Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
bigalbert said:
Must have missed this post. Some very nice totals.
I have collected Ripken since 1989 and have 6187 unique cards.
I'm not sure how many there are total but at one time I saw something like 11000 different Ripkens available. So a long way to go yet :shock:

Wow!!! Very impressive. :eek:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
bigalbert said:
I'm not sure how many there are total but at one time I saw something like 11000 different Ripkens available. So a long way to go yet :shock:

Damn.

If I had that many Bagwells I would be almost complete!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm back from vacation so I updated the list. Sorry it took so long!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bigalbert said:

holy awesomeness!

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I might be half-way there by now....or a little less or under. I have no clue.

Ever since I lost my collection "crutch" that was Beckett My Collection I've lost track.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Just curious if it would be possible to get the percentages for everyone's player. I like to see the percentage of completion. Just a thought.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
darrend505 said:
Just curious if it would be possible to get the percentages for everyone's player. I like to see the percentage of completion. Just a thought.

Working on mine.

weegee

Aug 30, 2008
Maine
darrend505 wrote:

I dont have over 1000 cards of one player but i do have almost 80% of the 1167 Trot Nixon cards made.

aprimo

Jan 23, 2009
I don't have a really good count of my Biggios right now, but I estimate it at 2250+ unique cards. Not bad since I didn't start seriously collecting until about 2004. I mostly go by the Beckett list, just because it's the only list I have found. But I certainly don't restrict my collection to cards recognized by Beckett. Beckett lists 3855 unique Biggio cards, but they don't list the Topps Moments & Milestones separately, so actually that number should be at least 3975. My percentage complete is in the neighborhood of 56%. My bucket shows many of my better cards, but I'm pretty far behind on my scanning.

I have a pretty good sized Bagwell collection, but not at 1500 yet. I believe I have around 800+ unique Bagwell cards.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
darrend505 said:

Nope.Not for me.I have too many cards that are not on beckett's recognized list so I don't really keep track that way.I figure I am at least close to 35%-40% of the way through but there is just way too much that I either know of or actually have that's not on the beckett list.I don't feel comfortable giving an actual percentage most of the time.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
predatorkj said:
darrend505 said:

Nope.Not for me.I have too many cards that are not on beckett's recognized list so I don't really keep track that way.I figure I am at least close to 35%-40% of the way through but there is just way too much that I either know of or actually have that's not on the beckett list.I don't feel comfortable giving an actual percentage most of the time.

I'll agree with this. Im very close to redoing all my figures and removing samples/convention cards. WHY? because I dont trust the Beckett checklist. Ive collected 15-20 of said cards they dont even list, yet Ive never seen any they do.

If they show up, I'll buy them but I think Im going to rework my lists this week.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Thumpersports said:
predatorkj said:
darrend505 said:

I'll agree with this. Im very close to redoing all my figures and removing samples/convention cards. WHY? because I dont trust the Beckett checklist. Ive collected 15-20 of said cards they dont even list, yet Ive never seen any they do.

If they show up, I'll buy them but I think Im going to rework my lists this week.

The other bad thing is like APRIMO mentioned...where the cards they do have listed sometimes add up to more than just that one card.Topps teks, moments and milestones etc.Hell...I probably have over 100 different Star cards alone beckett doesn't even touch.Plus the other oddballs.Its weird what beckett chooses and doesn't choose to recognize.Like its totally random or something.They don't even list the Diamond skills from fleer tradition.The gold hologram set from MJB holographics or the different versions of the autographs.Fleer patchworks had a patch I remember asking about before that they don't recognize.I have several sample cards they don't recognize.And several oddballs and documented variations.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
A dealer once told me that Beckett was created in order for the stores in the SW to be able ot get cards at prices they wanted and could still make money off of. I do not now if thier is any validity to it.

Members online