Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winter Classic ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Just wondering what you guys thought the next / Future winter classics should be held at.

I would love to have Boston/NY @ Fenway Park...or even Gillette Stadium.

Im not too sure if it would work at fenway.but that would be pretty nice backdrop playing there.

Ive heard rumors of the the Rangers playing @ the New Yankee Stadium could also be an idea.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I definitely think the next one has to be in Canada and between 2 Canadian teams. Habs vs Maple Leafs would be awesome.

I know the Penguins just played in the Classic last season but if they get a chance again it has to be in Beaver Stadium (Penn State) and the opponent has to be the Flyers.

beaver_stadium.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I'd say it's a lock at either Fenway or the new Yankee Stadium. Much easier for them to do it at a baseball stadium. More time to set up. I don't think they do anymore in NFL Stadiums, not enough time and what if team needs it for the playoffs. I just dread it when they do one in Las Vegas.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Coors field or wherever the Broncos play has been mentioned.

New yankee stadium would be a great one..Rangers vs Booins

Fenway might be too small...This is a rare chance for the NHL to make money so fenway might be too small with only 35,00 seats(or how ever many) when Yankee stadium will be over 50,000.

The seats on top of The Green monster would be awesome for a hockey game though.