Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's time for a Christmas contest. The Winner(s) are in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
Ok here it is...What is the worst/strangest Christmas gift you have ever received (sports related or not). Please add your reaction and who the gift was from if you want.

Along with your answer-- list your favorite teams/or teams that you collect--baseball-basketball-football

Contest ends Christmas Eve at 12:00 noon---and I will pick the winner.

Merry Christmas.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Re: It's time for a Christmas contest.

Box of 90 donruss...in 2007.

Reaction-
Wow thanks mom! :?

I collect braves hof stars graded. Panthers a little
Thanks

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania

My Aunt bought me aftershave when I was 10 years old. lol. I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it. haha

Phillies/Eagles/Vintage baseball of any kind

biggosh95

Sep 1, 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Last year- got an adidas gift set from my grandpa that i gave him the year before. ( yes, the exact same, never opened set!)

I collect dodgers and packers

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx

My Cousin bought me a sweater (size Medium)... I wear an X-Large... so I went to return it to Kohls and they told me, it's current price was $5.00 and that's all they could give me for it... (It was a $65 sweater)...

Favorite teams: Cincinnati Reds, Houston Astros, Houston Texans, Georgia Bulldawgs...

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Cool contest. Thanks for running it, and have a Merry Christmas!

A few years ago, my parents bought me this mini Ben Roethlisberger bobble head-type toy. You put your finger in the bottom, and you could make him move from side to side, bow, and things of that nature.

My reaction was just a blank "wtf" stare, because I hate the Steelers. They thought it was hilarious to see me tear through wrapping paper only to find one of my least favorite football players staring back. They're both Steelers fans, as is the rest of my family.

Baseball, I collect anything in a White Sox uniform. Football, I collect any former Miami Hurricanes in any uniform. Basketball, I collect anything in a Magic uniform.

eRock

Dec 20, 2010
Reno, NV

My cousin once regifted me the gift I had gotten him the previous Christmas. I lol'd...especially when he tried to deny it!

I collect Giants and Yankess stuff!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Two years ago, my wife told my mother-in-law that I collected cards, so for Christmas she gets me a bunch of these...

!Bu3Eh6gCGk~$(KGrHqR,!hQEv1+0CFL0BMCEnrFmrw~~_3.jpg

Her - "Because you collect baseball cards"

Me - with a a big fake smile. "Thanks" :?

Great contest - Merry Christmas!!

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY

My aunt use to give me some strange gifts when I was a kid. One year she gave me a donut maker and the following year a hot dog cooker. I miss my aunt.

G

My dazed And confused grandpa gave me 100.00 worth of condoms I'm 12 now and he has passed away but I was 8 at the time being

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground

Grandma gave me the cliche "ugly Christmas sweater" only this one was "special" because it came with a removeable battery pack for when you wash it...that's right it also lights up. A QVC holiday special. This was 3 years ago, I've worn it for our office ugly sweater contest 3 years in a row and won every time. People know its coming and still can't one-up it! Why? Because on top of the lights and embroidery on the front and back...its also a LADYs sweater!

Gradmas getting up there in the years so i gave her a polite "thank you" while my parents moved her into the other room...I know they felt as mortified as I did.

I collect all St. Louis sports teams and Jeremy Maclin of the Eagles.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008

Man you guys are cracking me up---keep them coming.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

My mom got me, from Eastbay and one of their huge clearance sales, in 2005, a Curtis Enis jersey ... seriously.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA

My grandma gave me 26 Garry Sheffield base cards since I collect baseball cards thinking they are worth a dollar a piece :?

But hey, it is all about the thought, not the actual present :D

Yankees, Chris Heisey (Reds OF), Basketball and Football Autos

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida

In 1968 (I was 8 years old) my uncle gave me a bazooka made by Mattel. It was a pneumatic bazooka that you pumped up 10 times and blew over these little cardboard targets with. You could literally build up enough pressure to blow down the targets all the way across the room. A few months later, they recalled all the bazooka's because kids were pumping them up, putting them directly on the side of their friends heads and blowing their fiends eardrums out! :lol: My mother threw it out very shortly after that. :(
I collect Mets "stuff" and THANKS for the contest! :D

crazy8parlay

Jun 24, 2010

Non sports related: About 30 years ago my Aunt Georgia gave me 10 pens. On the pens, "State Farm Representative, Georgia Booze".

Sports related: My mom, knowing I'm a huge Phillies fan. Purchased a lithograph of Tom Seaver in Mets uniform. I have no idea where that lithograph went? The Mets Suck!

Hey, did you know the Mets are hiring??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVkalfhzvVA

henchmeister

Oct 31, 2010

A couple of years ago, my parents gave me a pair of Yankee wristbands. I'm a Red Sox fan. Needless to say, I was deeply insulted.

I collect mostly Red Sox cards, specifically Ryan Kalish. Thanks for the contest!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

A doll, when I was 5. I had asked for a baby brother or sister the past few Chrismas'. I remember playing with it a little, but it wasn't the real thing.
When my daughter was little, I was one of the few dads anywhere who could say that his daughter was playing with his doll :oops:
DANNY
Collect Yankees, Colts and Celtics

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas

This was when I was about 10 and isn't cards related.

Every year I got to pick one gift to open the night of Christmas Eve. Being a kid I always got down next to the tree and would shake every gift and could usually figure out what the present was. Well there was a very small box that would rattle like crazy when I shook it. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what was in there. So come Christmas Eve I couldn't wait to open this box and when time came I ripped into it. Inside was a tube of GI Joe chapstick. My parents did this because that knew it would drive me nuts trying to figure out what was inside. Needless to say I wasn't happy. I through the chapstick at my parents. It made their night. They still talk about it every Christmas.

I collect anything in my sig.

rbrownaz

Jun 2, 2009

last year, due to financial hardships and the cost of college, i had to sell my truck in early december. on christmas day, i went to my grandparents' house, and got one gift. didnt know what to expect, busted it open, and voila, before my eyes is an expensive, state of the art GPS system for my truck. my reaction was a mix between "wow!" and "you shouldnt have!" (but they really shouldnt have).

i collect dbacks and prospects, especially Dan Hudson and Jarrod Parker

Members online

Latest posts