Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for my 2011 TTM project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggosh95

Sep 1, 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
For 2011 I plan on getting as many TTM's as possible. My question is: Who are players to hit up, and who should I avoid? I would like to be as successful as possible. Any and all imput is appreciated!

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
www.sportscollectors.net If you aer serious about TTM's it is WELL worth the $15 a year. you get %, addresses, and evrything you need to know. It will give you a lot of names.

some curretn players to send to are
Peyton Manning
Josh Hamilton
Ben Zobrist
Mark Buehrle

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
That is a pretty big question, but I'll break down the Dodgers for you. I had sent to 3 players that are 2011 holdovers, and had success w/ all of them (Loney, Billingsley, Kershaw). I also know that Ethier signs. BTW, if you would like to do a 50/50 with the Dodgers minor league affiliate low A team (Great Lakes Loons), lmk as I'm in that area and graph them occasionally.

A simple rule of thumb here is that retired players, as well as currently playing bench/middle relief pitchers are the most likely to sign. The big name stars (ex. Alex Rodriguez) are never ones to sign TTM. There are exceptions to this rule, like Josh Hamilton who always signs in the offseason, but it is a good general rule to use.

Jeff also makes a great suggestion, but I sent to Zobrist in ST and got nothing back. ::facepalm:: That is just a nice little way of reminding you that nothing is guaranteed in the world of TTM!

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
tigsfan said:
That is a pretty big question, but I'll break down the Dodgers for you. I had sent to 3 players that are 2011 holdovers, and had success w/ all of them (Loney, Billingsley, Kershaw). I also know that Ethier signs. BTW, if you would like to do a 50/50 with the Dodgers minor league affiliate low A team (Great Lakes Loons), lmk as I'm in that area and graph them occasionally.

A simple rule of thumb here is that retired players, as well as currently playing bench/middle relief pitchers are the most likely to sign. The big name stars (ex. Alex Rodriguez) are never ones to sign TTM. There are exceptions to this rule, like Josh Hamilton who always signs in the offseason, but it is a good general rule to use.

Jeff also makes a great suggestion, but I sent to Zobrist in ST and got nothing back. ::facepalm:: That is just a nice little way of reminding you that nothing is guaranteed in the world of TTM!
Cant be more true. I sent to usualy good signers for ST, and was 2/20 ::facepalm:: . i have gotten 2 back over the year, brigning me up to 4.

Ryan Zimmerman is good, but might take a few trys.
Hockey players are usualy good TTMers

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Wow, this is a really broad question...

BUT...

late 80's-Early 90's hockey.

What you can do: Go on ebay and buy a medium-large count box of 90's hockey and just start sending them out...

As for baseball...

Zimmerman signs only cards sent to his foundation. Garret Anderson signs one, Chone Figgins will sign...

And then of course...

PAT NESHEK will sign anything.

Jerry Mumphrey is another good signer...

biggosh95

Sep 1, 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
TBTwinsFan said:
biggosh95 said:
Thanks for the imput guys!! And TB Im planning on sending to Neshek, I think his auto is really cool.

If you are going for quantity, go get a few cards.

His 2008 A&G Wisconsin card is a MUST for an autograph.
Cool, I'll look for that! Right now i have some topps and upper deck of him.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
biggosh95 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
biggosh95 said:
Thanks for the imput guys!! And TB Im planning on sending to Neshek, I think his auto is really cool.

4506786572_fcd2784b37_b.jpg

If you send him this card, he will sign it like this.

biggosh95

Sep 1, 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
TBTwinsFan said:
biggosh95 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
biggosh95 said:

4506786572_fcd2784b37_b.jpg

If you send him this card, he will sign it like this.
nice!

biggosh95

Sep 1, 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I was pondering some potential players for TTM's. Are any of these good signers?
Tony Gwynn Jr.
Johan Santana
Juan Uribe
Ted Lilly
Jon Broxton
Tim Lincecum
Brad Lidge
Cole Hamels
Evan Longoria
Roy Oswalt
Joe Mauer
Roy Halladay
Joe Blanton
Prince Fielder
David Wright
Cliff Lee
John Ely
Jimmy Rollins
Ryan Howard
Domonic Brown
Don Mattingly
Ozzie Guillen
Other Managers

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
biggosh95 said:
I was pondering some potential players for TTM's. Are any of these good signers?
Tony Gwynn Jr. I have seen successes, but still not the best
[strike:2nwtchb8]Johan Santana[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Juan Uribe[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Ted Lilly[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Jon Broxton
Tim Lincecum[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Brad Lidge[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Cole Hamels[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Evan Longoria[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Roy Oswalt
Joe Mauer[/strike:2nwtchb8]
[strike:2nwtchb8]Roy Halladay
Joe Blanton
Prince Fielder
David Wright
Cliff Lee[/strike:2nwtchb8]
John Ely Maybe
[strike:2nwtchb8]Jimmy Rollins
Ryan Howard[/strike:2nwtchb8]
Domonic Brown Maybe
Don Mattingly I think he signs for a fee
Ozzie Guillen I think he signs as well
Other Managers

Your standards are too high... You need to go after the low-mid range players. Very few big name players sign, and most won't sign for free.

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
biggosh95 said:
[strike:1kaiaiea]Tony Gwynn Jr.
Johan Santana
Juan Uribe
Ted Lilly
Jon Broxton
Tim Lincecum
Brad Lidge
Cole Hamels
Evan Longoria
Roy Oswalt
Joe Mauer
Roy Halladay
Joe Blanton
Prince Fielder
David Wright
Cliff Lee
John Ely
Jimmy Rollins
Ryan Howard
Domonic Brown
Don Mattingly[/strike:1kaiaiea]
Ozzie Guillen - maybe, but not sure enough to say yes
Other Managers - those that come to mind are Leyland, LaRussa, Gardenhire, Hurdle w/ $, Baker, Washington, Riggleman
Note: lots of former managers and players that are now on coaching staffs sign too (i.e. I got former player/manager Don Baylor last year). TBTwinsFan said it best though, lower your standards if you want any chance to succeed.

If you don't want to go w/ marginal type players, than go for young rookies. In that first MLB season, rookies tend to sign the most for whatever reason. Some of the guys you mentioned signed when they were rookies, so it does work out if you send to the right guys!

Members online

Latest posts