Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

photoshop question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
If i buy this will I be able to use it or is this just a expansion to the original

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Ele ... 588bf98015

I know there like 600 for the whole adobe photoshop but I dont need everything will I be able to use this if its my only photoshop I have

Also how do you print photos at walmart and walgreens do I need to save it on a floppy disk, how does that work

any help is much appreciated

RedSox11

Jan 16, 2010
Jamestown, Rhode Island
I believe you only need that. I bought my photoshop for like $20 and it probably doesn't have some stuff that the expensive ones have, but it works fine for me (i made my banner in my sig with it). As long as you're not looking to do anything really really complicated, it will work fine.

-Gibson

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Photoshop elements is not photoshop nor is it an addition to photoshop. They are both stand alone programs.
Elements is a very low powered program aimed at the user that just wants to make simple modifications to home snapshots.
Resizing, redeye removal, sharpening and so forth. It will not do what photoshop does, and Photoshop is easily $600 plus add on modules. Elements takes 5 minutes to learn and for photoshop you sign up for classes. If you are planning on making banners and such, elements will not be very helpful, as it just doesn't have many of the tools necessary to make decent output. Download a free software suite called "openoffice" from openoffice.org. It has a very powerful art program built in that you will find to be much more suitable for those tasks.
BTW to print at walgreens, put the image on a CD, DVD or memory stick, not a floppy.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Im not sure how well it will work for sigs but i use a program that is really not that bad called Gimp 2.6 it is a free download program i have done some alright work with it i compare it to photoshop. Im actully better with Gimp then PhotoShop. And i took PhotoShop as a class at school this year.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Photoshop is probably not worth the headache of the learning curve if you've never used it before.

As mentioned, a free program like Gimp or Paint.net will do well for virtually all TTM needs I would think.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Photoshop is probably not worth the headache of the learning curve if you've never used it before.

As mentioned, a free program like Gimp or Paint.net will do well for virtually all TTM needs I would think.
I second that becuase i took photoshop as an elective at my high school last semester and we learned like very little and it took 9 weeks. If you were to buy PhotoShop you would either need to take a course somewhere or watch a ton of videos on Youtube and i mean a ton becuase it is not an easy program to learn. GIMP IS GOOD i make cooler pictures with it then i could with PhotoShop 051.jpg

Members online

No members online now.