User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

  1. #1
    Senior Member 17ROCKIES12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Chris Jonhson
    -2008 Bowman
    -2008 Bowman gold
    -2010 Topps
    -2010 Topps A&G

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,571
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by 17ROCKIES12
    Chris Jonhson
    -2008 Bowman
    -2008 Bowman gold
    -2010 Topps
    -2010 Topps A&G
    How did you get some IP autos already lol? Caravan?
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  3. #3
    Senior Member 17ROCKIES12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17
    Quote Originally Posted by 17ROCKIES12
    Chris Jonhson
    -2008 Bowman
    -2008 Bowman gold
    -2010 Topps
    -2010 Topps A&G
    How did you get some IP autos already lol? Caravan?
    A radio show (every Wed).

  4. #4
    Senior Member 17ROCKIES12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Jimmy Wynn
    -1976 Isaly's disc
    -2004 Sweet Spot Classic

    Bill Hall
    -2005 Topps Total

    Hunter Pence
    -2010 Topps Astros team card

    Bobby Meacham
    -1984 Topps
    -1985 Topps
    -1987 Topps

    Dave Raymond
    -3.5x5.5

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Bud Norris - 2010 Topps
    Michael Bourn - 2010 Topps
    Brian Bogusevic - OMLB
    Shane Reynolds - OMLB

    Scans on the cards forthcoming... I'm glad I brought my blue sharpie because they didn't have one at the table. Unfortunately, I forgot to get it back from Bourn. Oops.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 17ROCKIES12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    I was towards the front of the line, and was able to make it through twice. All in blue, unless noted.

    Brett Dolan
    -3.5x5.5

    Bud Norris
    -3.5x5.5
    -2009 Bowman
    -2010 Topps
    -2008 Donruss Threads

    Brian Bogusevic
    -(2) 2005 Bowman gold
    -(4) 2005 Bowman

    Shane Reynolds
    -1998 Topps
    -2000 Stadium Club
    -2001 Fleer Tradition
    -1998 Pacific Omega
    -1991 Topps

    Michael Bourn
    -2010 Topps Astros team card (I had it signed one way by Pence yesterday and asked him to sign in the same direction, and even pointed, but he signed the exact opposite way).
    -2010 Topps Heritage
    -2008 Heritage (both heritage were signed in silver sharpie)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by 17ROCKIES12
    I was towards the front of the line, and was able to make it through twice. All in blue, unless noted.

    Brett Dolan
    -3.5x5.5

    Bud Norris
    -3.5x5.5
    -2009 Bowman
    -2010 Topps
    -2008 Donruss Threads

    Brian Bogusevic
    -(2) 2005 Bowman gold
    -(4) 2005 Bowman

    Shane Reynolds
    -1998 Topps
    -2000 Stadium Club
    -2001 Fleer Tradition
    -1998 Pacific Omega
    -1991 Topps

    Michael Bourn
    -2010 Topps Astros team card (I had it signed one way by Pence yesterday and asked him to sign in the same direction, and even pointed, but he signed the exact opposite way).
    -2010 Topps Heritage
    -2008 Heritage (both heritage were signed in silver sharpie)
    How'd you get so many items signed? I got one each with my ticket and even tried to get Reynolds to sign my card in addition to my ball and was quite quickly told I could only get one item...

  8. #8
    Senior Member predatorkj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,865
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    With the cards you can get more than one if done correctly. What you do is lay them all down in one nice stack all stacked tightly together. This way...the jockeys behind the players can't see what's going on. Then quietly ask if they can sign them.

    I'm done for the caravan this year but this is what I got:

    Chris Johnson:
    two player cards

    Brian Bogusevic:
    3 player cards, OMLB, team helmet.

    Larry Dierker:
    one player card and team helmet.

    Jim Deshaies:
    13 baseball cards and team helmet.

    Hunter Pence:
    Program with him on the cover.

    Bill Hall:
    One player card, OMLB, team helmet.

    Bobby Meacham:
    One player card and team helmet.

    Jim Wynn:
    One baseball card.

    Oh...and a nice Priest Holmes auto on a football. I didn't even attend as I was at work. But its nice to have friends.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,765
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    My lasts of the Winter Mexican League



    My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,054
    Mexican autographs: 126/126 and baseballs 113/126

  10. #10
    Senior Member 17ROCKIES12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by ignition
    How'd you get so many items signed? I got one each with my ticket and even tried to get Reynolds to sign my card in addition to my ball and was quite quickly told I could only get one item...
    Players are usually willing to sign more than 1 card at signings like this. I attach the cards to a strip of cardboard that I lay down in front of the players. I can even have more than one player signing at once if people around me are taking a lot of time. I've found that signing a few cards like this takes less time than a player signing a ball or larger item. Also, I think they are ok with it because they know that if I was doing it for money, I'd be getting 16x20s or balls signed. There are some players that I don't do it for. I know that Pence doesn't like signing multiples, and he is a very good signer, so I don't want to annoy him. I'll only put one card in front of him, even if there is time for more.

  11. #11
    Member Ryan The Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,019
     rblake098
     blakingthelaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    January 16, 2011

    Winter Warm-Up

    Adam Reifer 1/1 card
    Tom Lawless 1/1 card
    Mark Petkovsek 1/1 8x10
    Mark Whiten 1/1 8x10 w/ "4 HRs 12 RBIs 1 Game 9/7/93"
    Zack Cox 1/1 8x10 w/ "Mark 11:22-26" and "GO HOGS!"

    And my favorites...

    Adam Wainwright 1/1 11x14 w/ "Acts 20:24"
    Brett Wallace GU AA Springfield Cardinals Jersey (not autographed)

    All inscriptions were asked for and pics will be up this week.
    Formerly gilbert.

    Romans 5:8



    Ryan The Orange's Bucket

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,571
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by gilbert
    January 16, 2011

    Winter Warm-Up

    Adam Reifer 1/1 card
    Tom Lawless 1/1 card
    Mark Petkovsek 1/1 8x10
    Mark Whiten 1/1 8x10 w/ "4 HRs 12 RBIs 1 Game 9/7/93"
    Zack Cox 1/1 8x10 w/ "Mark 11:22-26" and "GO HOGS!"

    And my favorites...

    Adam Wainwright 1/1 11x14 w/ "Acts 20:24"
    Brett Wallace GU AA Springfield Cardinals Jersey (not autographed)

    All inscriptions were asked for and pics will be up this week.
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  13. #13
    Member Ryan The Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,019
     rblake098
     blakingthelaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs











    Obviously, the Wainwright 11x14 and Wallace jersey can't show up on the scanner, but I will hopefully have pictures of them soon.
    Formerly gilbert.

    Romans 5:8



    Ryan The Orange's Bucket

  14. #14
    Senior Member predatorkj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,865
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by 17ROCKIES12
    Quote Originally Posted by ignition
    How'd you get so many items signed? I got one each with my ticket and even tried to get Reynolds to sign my card in addition to my ball and was quite quickly told I could only get one item...
    Players are usually willing to sign more than 1 card at signings like this. I attach the cards to a strip of cardboard that I lay down in front of the players. I can even have more than one player signing at once if people around me are taking a lot of time. I've found that signing a few cards like this takes less time than a player signing a ball or larger item. Also, I think they are ok with it because they know that if I was doing it for money, I'd be getting 16x20s or balls signed. There are some players that I don't do it for. I know that Pence doesn't like signing multiples, and he is a very good signer, so I don't want to annoy him. I'll only put one card in front of him, even if there is time for more.

    You mark my words...in a few years Pence will be the worst signer ever. He has been taken advantage of far too long and I think that combined with the fact he is getting more savvy of the industry...it will make it bad. The dealers rape that dude. Pretty soon expect bats and other items as things he won't sign. He's already done away with inscriptions except for a select few people. Just try getting him to write "Bam Bam" on something.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

  15. #15
    Senior Member 17ROCKIES12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 2011 Baseball In person Autographs

    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj
    Quote Originally Posted by 17ROCKIES12
    Quote Originally Posted by ignition
    How'd you get so many items signed? I got one each with my ticket and even tried to get Reynolds to sign my card in addition to my ball and was quite quickly told I could only get one item...
    Players are usually willing to sign more than 1 card at signings like this. I attach the cards to a strip of cardboard that I lay down in front of the players. I can even have more than one player signing at once if people around me are taking a lot of time. I've found that signing a few cards like this takes less time than a player signing a ball or larger item. Also, I think they are ok with it because they know that if I was doing it for money, I'd be getting 16x20s or balls signed. There are some players that I don't do it for. I know that Pence doesn't like signing multiples, and he is a very good signer, so I don't want to annoy him. I'll only put one card in front of him, even if there is time for more.

    You mark my words...in a few years Pence will be the worst signer ever. He has been taken advantage of far too long and I think that combined with the fact he is getting more savvy of the industry...it will make it bad. The dealers rape that dude. Pretty soon expect bats and other items as things he won't sign. He's already done away with inscriptions except for a select few people. Just try getting him to write "Bam Bam" on something.
    Pence is already done with bats at the stadium. He always looks at you before or after he signs, so I assume he takes note of who is getting what signed. I'll probably get a nice 8x10 soon, but will stick to only cards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •