Thread: Ebay Bidders to Block/Sellers and Breakers to Avoid

olerud363
     @olerud363
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ebay Bidders to Block/Sellers to Avoid

I think some eBayers like to increase their feedback stats but simply can't be bothered returning the courtesy. Others withhold their feedback in case they need to retaliate for feedback they receive.

As a buyer, as long as you pay in a timely manner haven't you held up your end of the contract? The seller should then post feedback accordingly at that time.

As a seller, once your item has been received and the buyer is happy with it then the appropriate feedback and DSR's are posted. I don't think that anything that happens at that point changes the fact that the buyer has already fulfilled their part. There's no need to hold feedback hostage until the buyer posts it.

Just my 2 cents (Cdn).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.
    Collecting John Olerud cards and memorabilia.
    My hobby website: www.cardboardcorner.weebly.com

Thanks to JBel4331 for the awesome custom signature and avatar!

Banned
    North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never actually dinged anyones stars for it. The few times I contacted the sellers about the issues they told me the same thing and I leave them the same 5 stars and comments ive left for every other seller I left feedback for. If I dont contact them, then I just dont leave feedback. Whenever I sell an item, I leave positive feedback as soon as payment is received.

Jon30b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avoid Lynn Fletcher
    ebay ID Budsmoon
    email budsmoon@hotmail.com
    location Tifton, GA
    BABE RUTH 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Jumbo Jersey ( 300828408370)

I finally found a Jumbo Babe Ruth for my collection, was thrilled and paid immediately $2000+. The seller waited a few days, and attempted to cancel the transaction with this lame excuse.

"This case has been opened by the seller with the following reason: Other.Additional information provided by the seller:
    We are sending a refund through paypal. My grand-daughter got hold of the cards and we can not findsome and others were ruined.
    Sorry for the trouble. As you can see from my previous sales, nothinglike this has happened before. We hope you find another card"

To: jon30b
    Subject: budsmoon has sent a message
    Sent Date: Dec-07-12 10:54:28 PST

Dear jon30b,

Paypal want release the money. So, i'm not going to mail off my card without them releasing it. You shouldn't have left negative feedback without knowing whats going on.

- budsmoon

To: budsmoon
    Subject: Re: budsmoon has sent a message
    Sent Date: Dec-07-12 11:10:18 PST

Dear budsmoon,

I will be happy to take down the feedback once the Babe Ruth card has been received. Otherwise I will be posting your name and info, detailing this transaction to everywhere I possibly can.

- jon30b
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Dear jon30b,

its not the way its set up. they said ive never sold anything that expensive so they wouldnt release the money until you received the card. I tried to explain to them it was a baseball card. but, they wanted documentation it was real. i cant help they wouldnt release the money. i pleaded with them to release it because i need the money as bad as you want the card. Im sorry this happen but paybal has gotten ridiculous with freezing accounts.

- budsmoon
    Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

As you can see, the seller then admitted to still having the card after I left negative feedback. Any ideas on what I can do to spread the word about this person?
    Last edited by Jon30b; 12-09-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lesterpohlfus

from the 50 case break, no need to go into specifics, just block asap.
    https://breakers.tv/boomo

My breaks are pretty entertaining.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dp33 View Post
    hugemojo

Sold him a Russell Wilson Black Friday blue production proof and he dinged my Item As Described feedback rating since it's "not 1/1 though".
    If it's not a 1/1, why put 1/1 in the title? Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it correct. I read your description and I honestly could not tell if it is a 1/1 or not. Are there 5 different proof colors, making the card a 1/1? Or are there 5 made, making the card one of five in existence? The listing is not clear. The buyer still left you a positive, so he/she did the right thing by dinging your rating, and was even generous imo, assuming the card isn't a 1/1.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the user who bid on my Luck auto and then he created a new id to bid on more..

dblack00dd
    (bid on about $29,000 worth of cards)

and created this new account after..

bender0101

at about $40,000 right now..

Amazing that EBAY won't do anything about these guys creating so many new accounts to bid on stuff and not pay for..
    Last edited by Pinbreaker; 12-14-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    If it's not a 1/1, why put 1/1 in the title? Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it correct. I read your description and I honestly could not tell if it is a 1/1 or not. Are there 5 different proof colors, making the card a 1/1? Or are there 5 made, making the card one of five in existence? The listing is not clear. The buyer still left you a positive, so he/she did the right thing by dinging your rating, and was even generous imo, assuming the card isn't a 1/1.
    Why you would post this when you're not even sure is beyond me, but yes, it is a 1/1 card. Yes, there are 5 different proof colors, making the card 1/1. No, no other blue proof of that card exists. But no matter whether you know it or not, my description says "card is unnumbered, but this is 1 of the 5 proof cards made", so it is EXACTLY as described.
    bucket: --> https://picasaweb.google.com/dp73355
    wantlist/tradelist: --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An98Rkz26WLcdFFwSG9WZ1dGZ0NES1J3cUNGZmh0L UE#gid=0

collecting
    : Jed Bradley, Rickie Weeks, Craig Counsell, Jason Heyward

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dp33 View Post
    Why you would post this when you're not even sure is beyond me, but yes, it is a 1/1 card. Yes, there are 5 different proof colors, making the card 1/1. No, no other blue proof of that card exists. But no matter whether you know it or not, my description says "card is unnumbered, but this is 1 of the 5 proof cards made", so it is EXACTLY as described.
    "card is unnumbered, but this is 1 of the 5 proof cards made"

Sounds like an unnumbered 1/5 to me. Even if what you explained is correct, there is still confusion in your description. It seems the buyer didn't understand either.

BuynHiSellnLow
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kacie0012000 - Purchased a card via best offer. Within 48 hours, she sent a request to cancel the transaction claiming that the truck she used to get back and forth to work was damaged in the recent snow storms in her area and she wouldn't be able to pay for at least three weeks.

yanksrule335
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buynhisellnlow View Post
    kacie0012000 - Purchased a card via best offer. Within 48 hours, she sent a request to cancel the transaction claiming that the truck she used to get back and forth to work was damaged in the recent snow storms in her area and she wouldn't be able to pay for at least three weeks.
    I dont see how thats a problem, I can relate to that.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
    SCF Member name Joeya2001 (124) Positive Feedback
    Now collecting Strasburg
    And Always......Cal Ripken
    https://questforripken.webs.com/ <--Have List
    UPDATED---5/10/2012
    Have 1822/11182 Total BV 17,324.85 / 16.29%

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joeya2001 View Post

I agree.
    I have no collecting focus, right now.

Trade Albums

BuynHiSellnLow
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe in providing the information in case others have a similar experience in order to out a pattern of behavior should it exist. Also, it allows for others to be cognizant of this if they also receive offers in the near term from the same buyer.

yanksrule335
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buynhisellnlow View Post
    I believe in providing the information in case others have a similar experience in order to out a pattern of behavior should it exist. Also, it allows for others to be cognizant of this if they also receive offers in the near term from the same buyer.
    But posting on this buyers to block thread means as a seller You want us to block this buyer because they ran into hard times? Also this buyer was willing to pay 3 weeks later so they tried to work something out. I dont see why I should block this person.

I was under the impression that this is a member block thread not report incidentes.

SCF Member name Joeya2001 (124) Positive Feedback
    Now collecting Strasburg
    And Always......Cal Ripken
    https://questforripken.webs.com/ <--Have List
    UPDATED---5/10/2012
    Have 1822/11182 Total BV 17,324.85 / 16.29%

BuynHiSellnLow
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But posting on this buyers to block thread means as a seller You want us to block this buyer because they ran into hard times? Also this buyer was willing to pay 3 weeks later so they tried to work something out. I dont see why I should block this person.

I was under the impression that this is a member block thread not report incidentes.

I understand where you are coming from with your point. I apologize if I misconveyed it my original post - the buyer never offered to pay in three weeks just stated that they could. The buyer specifically requested transaction cancellation twice in their message with the final ling being "I wish for you to cancel the transaction as I am no longer able to pay for the Item."

I don't know what all you've ran into on Ebay or how much selling you do on there but several times I have ran into people with stories on why they couldn't pay that turned out to be completely bogus. I've had individuals ask for extensions on paying, giving hard-luck stories, only to never receive anything from them. Perhaps I am just jaded from my experiences on Ebay but I am typically inclined towards being as pro-active as possible on putting the word out on non-payers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Anthony View Post
    I've never actually dinged anyones stars for it. The few times I contacted the sellers about the issues they told me the same thing and I leave them the same 5 stars and comments ive left for every other seller I left feedback for. If I dont contact them, then I just dont leave feedback. Whenever I sell an item, I leave positive feedback as soon as payment is received.

Please post your ebay name here so that I can block you. I dont leave feedback but maybe once or twice a month - I certainly do not want to do any transactions with the likes of you. This will prevent you from wrongfully dinging my ratings, and this will also prevent me from getting your panties twisted around your neck when I dont leave immediate feedback.
    COLLECTING 2009 BALLPARK SWATCH AUTOS

I NEED:
    Josh Beckett - Chipper Jones - Justin Morneau - Ryan Zimmerman - Cal Ripken Jr.