Thread: Ebay Bidders to Block/Sellers and Breakers to Avoid

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If it happens again, npb. No fb that way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    definitely, i've never encountered this before and didnt know better. tks

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cartersprings View Post
    Apparently eBay no longer takes action against NPB's. The only solution they offer is to use restrictions to block any bidder with XX or more NPB's filed against them.

The amount of NPB's I've had to file this year has been more than the past 10 years combined.
    I find that helps a lot, you can cut down a lot of npb this way.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    I find that helps a lot, you can cut down a lot of npb this way.
    having said that I just filed a npb on one of my auctions.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one to add: marccerda2009.

Auction ended on 4/22. I opened a case on 5/1 after getting no reply. I just closed the case today with no response from the buyer. I looked at his feedback, and it looks like he won a couple auctions and didn't pay.
    Thank you to JBel4331 for the banner!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jsalltheway

npb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dp33 View Post
    hugemojo

Sold him a Russell Wilson Black Friday blue production proof and he dinged my Item As Described feedback rating since it's "not 1/1 though".
    Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    If it's not a 1/1, why put 1/1 in the title? Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it correct. I read your description and I honestly could not tell if it is a 1/1 or not. Are there 5 different proof colors, making the card a 1/1? Or are there 5 made, making the card one of five in existence? The listing is not clear. The buyer still left you a positive, so he/she did the right thing by dinging your rating, and was even generous imo, assuming the card isn't a 1/1.

I'm VERY late to the game here, but I just found this post. I rarely ding sellers and may have given this one a 2/5 with positive feedback because the proof was described as 1/1 but was actually an unnumbered /5. There were five proofs of EACH of four or five different colors (so 20-25 total). This seller's auction was the first one listed so I assumed the seller was accurate in his description of 1/1 (he was objectively not accurate). I DO NOT think it was intentional, as it was probably unclear to him whether the card was indeed a 1/1. Nonetheless, it was a little irritating and I continue to believe positive feedback and a slight ding was warranted.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    am6203

NPB. Made an offer, accepted offer, no communication/payment.

bja613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cardsforsale2012

Tried to steal Bowman Challenge codes saying they all didn't work. Luckily I didn't have to refund after a item not as described case was opened against me, eBay decided to refund the buyer.

Update: received retaliatory negative feedback.
    Last edited by bja613; 05-19-2013 at 10:39 PM.

cmnkb8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    starkeyfootball

Will waste your time haggling then backs out after agreeing on a deal. Not to mention he is a terrible communicator.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel free to block rjkcollectiblessales. During March and April he had 7 different auctions he won from me and did not pay. Here's the big shocker though, he's still actively bidding on items. I guess 7 NPB's in a 90 day period isn't enough to merit any kind of suspension.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna add----nymetfan13 for the following reason. "when you package up my card I would expect the following to happen, "A PENNY SLEEVE, A NEW HARD CARD GUARD WITH NO TAPE ON IT(DONT LIKE THE TAPE RESIDUE) A TEAM BAG THAT IS TAPED SHUT, A FEW POPCORN STYROFOAM BUBBLES TO PREVENT ANY DAMAGE" all this for a 99cent card.

jebscards
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finestcard - Canadian buyer won an item from me for $2600. First he complains about the shipping charges that were stated in the listing. So, to make things easy, I give him free shipping which cost me about $60. I ship it UPS with signature confirmation and insurance. He signs for it on June 4th (4 days after payment was made). June 10th he files a dispute with Paypal stating he never received the package. This is the exact reason why I stopped shipping to Canada.

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a seller to avoid or block, BUT, wondering if anyone knows if seller docsilvey is on FCB ?

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 55_marlins_sp View Post
    This isn't a seller to avoid or block, BUT, wondering if anyone knows if seller docsilvey is on FCB ?
    Yes he is. Big time USA Baseball player collector. Very good guy.
    Sig Starts Here

jebscards
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    finestcard - Canadian buyer won an item from me for $2600. First he complains about the shipping charges that were stated in the listing. So, to make things easy, I give him free shipping which cost me about $60. I ship it UPS with signature confirmation and insurance. He signs for it on June 4th (4 days after payment was made). June 10th he files a dispute with Paypal stating he never received the package. This is the exact reason why I stopped shipping to Canada.
    Add, filing a claim through paypal for a different transaction because he had to pay customs on the package. This guy sucks!! I hate sitting on hold with Paypal.