Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1hzgyzbp]I think the day i get married is the day i give up buying high end mcgwire autos. Probably not for a loooong time. Now i have anxiety because my auction ends in a couple hours.

Is a "couple" 2-4, or are we going to be possibly butting heads in 12 hours?[/quote:1hzgyzbp]

hehe, let the head butting begin, you guys do realize there are two up...you BO'd the other yet?

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
I think the day i get married is the day i give up buying high end mcgwire autos. Probably not for a loooong time. Now i have anxiety because my auction ends in a couple hours.

Ding ding ding!!!

Now you understand why my Mac collection pales in comparison to yours......I didn't get into hardcore Mac collecting until AFTER I was married........hell, all his high-end droolworthy cards came out after I was married with kids!!!

Mortgage vs. Mac
Car Payment vs. Mac
New shoes for the kids vs. Mac
Food in the Fridge vs. Mac
Sharing the same bed with the wife vs. mac

See a pattern here???

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
shanks25 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
I think the day i get married is the day i give up buying high end mcgwire autos. Probably not for a loooong time. Now i have anxiety because my auction ends in a couple hours.

Ding ding ding!!!

Now you understand why my Mac collection pales in comparison to yours......I didn't get into hardcore Mac collecting until AFTER I was married........hell, all his high-end droolworthy cards came out after I was married with kids!!!

Mortgage vs. Mac
Car Payment vs. Mac

See a pattern here???

Gotta go with Mac

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Does anyone know if the ebay member "burbank sportscards" is a member on here? The have quite a bit of the mcgwire buy back autos for sale on the bay. They're a little shy of $1000 a piece though :eek: :eek:

Dec 10, 2008
Burbank is WELL known for having crazy prices. I have bought some stuff from them that I think is underpriced, buts its far and few between. I think they just use a beckett, and multiply by 125%-200%

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jam92102 said:
Does anyone know if the ebay member "burbank sportscards" is a member on here? The have quite a bit of the mcgwire buy back autos for sale on the bay. They're a little shy of $1000 a piece though :eek: :eek:

yeah those prices are ridiculous. The most expensive buyback I've gotten was for $400 and that was /4. They want over 3x that for their /4.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Ding ding ding!!!

Mortgage vs. Mac
Car Payment vs. Mac

See a pattern here???[/quote]

I'm with you in that boat that is why I only have one Auto myself someday after the kid is out of the house maybe.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
If you have a want list of base,inserts,parallels, etc let me know. I've decided to focus on Game Used and Auto's. I have a ton of different base/inserts and quite a few serial#'d and refractors

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
jam92102 said:
If you have a want list of base,inserts,parallels, etc let me know. I've decided to focus on Game Used and Auto's. I have a ton of different base/inserts and quite a few serial#'d and refractors

Mine would be very large and I do not have any extra Game Used and Auto's of McGwire to trade or I would.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I had to play like 500 games of Home Run Derby at the Cracker Jack website to earn this back in the day, but I earned it!

mac3d.jpg

These cards never scan well, but it is still a neat card.

I've also thought about taking pictures of all my Mac SLUs to show off. I did that for the Griffer thread on Beckett years ago, and Spring Cleaning has brought me to the box where I have them all. Any interest?

Dec 10, 2008
I have every SLU of McGwire, except the 1989 Canandian. Only see the same one for sale twice but its in atrocious shape. I dont have any of mine photographed yet, but I imagine some would like to see them, so post away!

On a side note, I just received the 1/1 in the mail a mere 3 minutes ago!!

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Greg Cleveland: Very Nice
Mark McGwire Museum: I hope it is as nice as it looked.I assume I have to hold the 97 Fleer in the dark to see if it the glowing one?

Dec 10, 2008
7guns said:
I assume I have to hold the 97 Fleer in the dark to see if it the glowing one?

That's what I've always been lead to believe. Like the 1993 Upper Deck Fun Packs that had the glowing stickers. Try it out and let us know!

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
7guns said:
I assume I have to hold the 97 Fleer in the dark to see if it the glowing one?

That's what I've always been lead to believe. Like the 1993 Upper Deck Fun Packs that had the glowing stickers. Try it out and let us know!

Did I miss a post? What are you guys talking about? :)

Dec 10, 2008
BunchOBull said:
Don't the regular soaring stars have like a holo-foil star pattern in the background and the "glowing" version is missing the star pattern?

Is that how to determine??? That's great info if correct!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It may be the other way around Jay...but I know they have that difference.

edited to say, I just went to look at my copies...I have many with the stars and only one without...and it's brighter...so I think the original assessment was correct.

Members online

Latest posts