Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
p-the-simpsons-harry-shearer-waylon-smithers.jpg

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I'm still collecting....although I only think I brought in one in the last few months. Prices are crazy, I just flat can't afford anything!!

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I'm still collecting....although I only think I brought in one in the last few months. Prices are crazy, I just flat can't afford anything!!

Mark! I can’t afford much, either. You’re not alone. The market is unreal. I highly doubt any of us McGwire collectors would pay these current prices. I think the flippers are trying to gouge every single card that gets printed, not just the MJ & LeBron, etc. Funny how two completely unrelated players basically affected the whole sports card market! Hope you’re doing well, buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Mark! I can’t afford much, either. You’re not alone. The market is unreal. I highly doubt any of us McGwire collectors would pay these current prices. I think the flippers are trying to gouge every single card that gets printed, not just the MJ & LeBron, etc. Funny how two completely unrelated players basically affected the whole sports card market! Hope you’re doing well, buddy!

I agree with that....I think a lot of us are kinda staying off the Mac cards. Maybe the newer stuff is more affordable? But I know the years I collect (2004 and below) are crazy high.

I didn't know that, what a shame that the market has turned for those reasons. Bummer for sure!

I'm hanging in there. Could be worse. Hope you are doing well though!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am working on this
Curious to know how the competition is for those for you (Mac specific)? I was buying the Garvey cards and a few are just selling for stupid high prices (Mask /19, Artist Proof /10 and believe it or not, the 87 version , which I think was /100). People are literally falling down and hurting themselves while trying to pay way more than I could have possibly imagined for these!!! We are living in Bizarro world as far as I am concerned.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
My proof /10 was 60.00 The rest were decent price wise. Still need the mask liberty and /5. Some other things I have been buying are a little steep though.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I am working on this

I only have the base of that one. The variations and no logos were driving me nuts, so I put those on the back burner! haha
I did just start up on the new Prizm... I have a few so far. So many variations of those I might even give up on them for now. The manufacturers have made it so saturated and expensive that it starts to be an addiction with little satisfaction in return. Hurts my head to think about it lol

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I only have the base of that one. The variations and no logos were driving me nuts, so I put those on the back burner! haha
I did just start up on the new Prizm... I have a few so far. So many variations of those I might even give up on them for now. The manufacturers have made it so saturated and expensive that it starts to be an addiction with little satisfaction in return. Hurts my head to think about it lol

Yes, this right here. Couldn't agree more.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I agree with that....I think a lot of us are kinda staying off the Mac cards. Maybe the newer stuff is more affordable? But I know the years I collect (2004 and below) are crazy high.

I didn't know that, what a shame that the market has turned for those reasons. Bummer for sure!

I'm hanging in there. Could be worse. Hope you are doing well though!!

Market manipulation is huge right now. I actually want it to crash. I collect for the love of the cards, not the value, which I think is the same for all of us Mac fans! I would LOVE to buy your pc if the timing were better! Saw your eBay. Maybe next year if you still have it.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Market manipulation is huge right now. I actually want it to crash. I collect for the love of the cards, not the value, which I think is the same for all of us Mac fans! I would LOVE to buy your pc if the timing were better! Saw your eBay. Maybe next year if you still have it.

Yes sir. For the love of the cards. I'm not interested in turning a quick profit. I just loved McGwire, collecting the cards, looking at them, not looking at them for a while and then looking again and saying, "holy hell, I have THAT card, darn?!?" Guess there will always be folks who consider these business transactions, and that's ok. But greed can definitely get out of control at times and make for a cruddy marketplace.

Aw man, I hear ya! Timing isn't always the best. I already found a buyer though :( But not a dealer or anything, definitely a good dude, so I feel ok with it. No one will be holding my Mac cards hostage on eBay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts