Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Picked this up for around $8 dlvd. Looks pretty authentic, but won't don't know for sure. Figured it was worth a gamble. What's your guys honest opinion. If the majority doesn't think it's real I won't bother sending it in to JSA.

mcgwire.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
jam92102 said:
Picked this up for around $8 dlvd. Looks pretty authentic, but won't don't know for sure. Figured it was worth a gamble. What's your guys honest opinion. If the majority doesn't think it's real I won't bother sending it in to JSA.

mcgwire.jpg

No good Jam :cry: Don't let stop you from sending to JSA though ;) . He will probably authenticate it. He's clueless about McGwire autos. I have seen (and saved pics) of 4 fake McGwire autos that he has said are good, and neither of those four are even good forgeries.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
jam92102 said:

mcgwire.jpg

No good Jam :cry: Don't let stop you from sending to JSA though ;) . He will probably authenticate it. He's clueless about McGwire autos. I have seen (and saved pics) of 4 fake McGwire autos that he has said are good, and neither of those four are even good forgeries.

Bummer. For future reference, do you think PSA is a better company as far as authenticating? This one seemed pretty close to some other authenticated ones I saw, but was far from my ttm I got when I was a kid and the certified autos that you posted. Thanks for saving me the authentication money! :)

Dec 10, 2008
jam92102 said:
Bummer. For future reference, do you think PSA is a better company as far as authenticating? This one seemed pretty close to some other authenticated ones I saw, but was far from my ttm I got when I was a kid and the certified autos that you posted. Thanks for saving me the authentication money! :)

I have seen far less mistakes regarding McGwire autos from PSA. I would have to check my records, but I believe I have only seen 2 fakes from PSA, and it is in a much longer time frame. And one actually wasn't a fake, but a rubber stamp of Mac's signature. Personally, if you aren't going to be selling it anytime soon, just check with Don or I. We'll be able to tell you if it's real or not. A number of other McGwire collectors would be able to vouch for my expertise on McGwire autographs.

jam92102 said:

mcgwire.jpg

like Jay Said Jam, hit us up. I been lookin at mcgwire signatures since 1989. Almost 20 years. Jay or myself will save you money and the hassle of getting burned on a bad auto. Like he said before, PSA has authenticated some fake macs in the past. Hit us up first, we will always answer any questions you might have regarding a purchase you are thinking of getting into.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Jam I am sorry been there myself I have 1 that I am real sure is fake also have a ball I am scared to know about it I will post them up for you to see.

newhannibal

Jan 29, 2009
Downtown
I saw this thread a little while ago and remembered one of my favorite McGwire moments and I put it up on youtube, hope you guys enjoy:

[youtube:1mxwudbb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncC4c1Ga1nI[/youtube:1mxwudbb]

Members online

Latest posts