Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Felt like showing something so I figured this was nice even if it did not grade good.I hope to upgrade it if I ever find another one.
Picc1.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
VERY nice card! I don't think very may of those are in good shape. Mine probably would grade a 7. Very tough card to find though!

braves2008champs

Aug 7, 2008
Alright McGwire experts. Can someone help me out here, please. I've had this card for a while and I’m trying to find a new home for it. I don’t want to spam, but something has come up with my auction that I could use some clarification on

I’ve read what Don had said about the Missing Link auto’s and went on his info. Now I’ve got this card and received this message from an ebay member

scan0001-5.jpg

Less than a month ago I confirmed with Beckett that the MISSING LINK card has a HAND WRITTEN serial number - not a machine stamped one like yours. I am confident that this is a wonderful one of 25 McGwire signed card BUT it is NOT a part of the Missing Link series. Feel free to call me at #***** and I will discuss this further with you and even give you names and phone numbers of the people at Beckett that I talked to. Regards -- ******

Now it looks like, Don’s card is signed in black and mine is in blue. Is there another variation out there, is this part of the Missing Link’s? I don’t want to give the wrong info out on my auction. Thanks for your help, guys!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
braves2008champs said:
Alright McGwire experts. Can someone help me out here, please. I've had this card for a while and I’m trying to find a new home for it. I don’t want to spam, but something has come up with my auction that I could use some clarification on

I’ve read what Don had said about the Missing Link auto’s and went on his info. Now I’ve got this card and received this message from an ebay member

scan0001-5.jpg

Less than a month ago I confirmed with Beckett that the MISSING LINK card has a HAND WRITTEN serial number - not a machine stamped one like yours. I am confident that this is a wonderful one of 25 McGwire signed card BUT it is NOT a part of the Missing Link series. Feel free to call me at #***** and I will discuss this further with you and even give you names and phone numbers of the people at Beckett that I talked to. Regards -- ******

Now it looks like, Don’s card is signed in black and mine is in blue. Is there another variation out there, is this part of the Missing Link’s? I don’t want to give the wrong info out on my auction. Thanks for your help, guys!

Thats the missing link. Last one went for 191. I'm assuming it's really blue ink that has faded to black for Dons. I have a Game Face auto that had this problem (which I still need to take off the list).

These are the other two autos that were sometimes mistaken for the missing link:

w_2002--ud_sp_authentic--chirography.jpg

w_2002--ud_sp_authentic--chirography--gold.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Braves2008champs, I agree on all points with Joe. When blue ink fades, it turns navy blue, then blackish looking. Black fades to a brown, and then tan/yellow looking. There is only one version of the ink. All missing links were numbered by hand except the one you have, they were all machine stamped for that design.

Jerry, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
7guns said:
Happy 32 to me waiting to see what the wife gets me probably coming from the Bay.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

However, you should have held out for 1 month and 2 days because that is the greatest day on earth!

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Ok guys here it is. My pride and joy. I got this TTM in 93. I've always believed it to be real. I'm almost positive it is but I haven't coughed up the dough to authenticate it. Quite frankly, I think you guys have a better grasp on Mcgwire graphs anyways. So give it to me straight guys. What do you think....................

c11.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
jam92102 said:
Ok guys here it is. My pride and joy. I got this TTM in 93. I've always believed it to be real. I'm almost positive it is but I haven't coughed up the dough to authenticate it. Quite frankly, I think you guys have a better grasp on Mcgwire graphs anyways. So give it to me straight guys. What do you think....................

Real...and AWESOME...love the "93" inscription!!

Members online