User Tag List

Page 187 of 193 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2893

Thread: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

  1. #2791
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies and thoughts guys. I did wind up taking the partial refund and keeping the card. Like Joe said, just making note to myself to find a replacement if one ever pops up for a price I am comfortable.

    On a separate note, I have another question for you guys. I was just browsing through my collection and found myself unsure of the following; regarding the 1998 Collector's Choice jumbo cards, what is the difference between the Cover Glory Jumbo and the retail Jumbos (of which the cover glory card is one of)? According to some research, seems UD made a set of Cover Glory 5x7 jumbo cards, available through wrapper redemption only. It also appears UD made some retail exclusive 5x7 jumbos, inserted into blaster boxes. Seems the Cover Glory card (card #5) made it into both checklists. Is there a noticeable difference to distinguish the two from one another? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!!

    Cheers,
    Mark

  2. #2792
    Senior Member onionring9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delsant2 View Post
    Thanks for the replies and thoughts guys. I did wind up taking the partial refund and keeping the card. Like Joe said, just making note to myself to find a replacement if one ever pops up for a price I am comfortable.

    On a separate note, I have another question for you guys. I was just browsing through my collection and found myself unsure of the following; regarding the 1998 Collector's Choice jumbo cards, what is the difference between the Cover Glory Jumbo and the retail Jumbos (of which the cover glory card is one of)? According to some research, seems UD made a set of Cover Glory 5x7 jumbo cards, available through wrapper redemption only. It also appears UD made some retail exclusive 5x7 jumbos, inserted into blaster boxes. Seems the Cover Glory card (card #5) made it into both checklists. Is there a noticeable difference to distinguish the two from one another? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!!

    Cheers,
    Mark
    I was always under the assumption it was the hologram that was different. I've never seen a retail version though so was never able to confirm that.
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 41 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  3. #2793
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9 View Post
    I was always under the assumption it was the hologram that was different. I've never seen a retail version though so was never able to confirm that.
    That is what I would have assumed as well....diamond vs home plate hologram. Never seen one other than the home plate version. Also haven't been able to find any information about the other 7 players that seem to fall into both retail and cover glory checklists. If I get any info, I'll let y'all know.

    Cheers,
    Mark

  4. #2794
    Senior Member onionring9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=1967]7guns[/MENTION] [MENTION=4155]Bane50[/MENTION] does the holo on yours match the one that Mark, Jay, and I have

    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 41 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  5. #2795
    Junior Member mattglet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all, I obviously didn't go back and try to figure this out, but I was wondering if anyone needs these cards? I'm downsizing my Canseco collection to include only pre-2008 cards and I have a couple of low numbered McGwire cards that are available. PM me if you are interested:

    2016 Leaf Holiday Bonus - 2010 Famous Fabrics /3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4392-front.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	83137

    2015 Immaculate Collection Dual Players Memorabilia /15
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3802-front.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	83138
    Collecting Jose Canseco -- www.MattsCansecoCollection.com Over 2400 unique cards!

    Collecting Riley Pint - www.RileyPint.com Total owned: 71%, 1/1s: 58

  6. #2796
    Senior Member onionring9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the certified gold team test in today! Front doesn't scan very well. Much nicer in person.

    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 41 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  7. #2797
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9 View Post
    Got the certified gold team test in today! Front doesn't scan very well. Much nicer in person.

    I would bet that is beautiful in person

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  8. #2798
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are really nice inhand


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Cal Ripken Supercollector

    ***Tradelist***

    My Cal Ripken Collection

  9. #2799
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, Joe! Agree they really pop in-hand.

  10. #2800
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of firsts, so I convinced myself to overpay when the 2017 first dual team auto hit eBay. Part of my willingness to overpay was because I knew I wouldn't care about the 2nd and subsequent dual team cards, so of course Topps made the 2nd one incredible so I had to have it too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180918_152634.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	83259

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  11. #2801
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    5,337
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9 View Post
    Got the certified gold team test in today! Front doesn't scan very well. Much nicer in person.

    this is the 3rd one I have seen. A Juan a Ripken and this one, who is selling these???

  12. #2802
    Senior Member onionring9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcook View Post
    I'm a big fan of firsts, so I convinced myself to overpay when the 2017 first dual team auto hit eBay. Part of my willingness to overpay was because I knew I wouldn't care about the 2nd and subsequent dual team cards, so of course Topps made the 2nd one incredible so I had to have it too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180918_152634.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	83259

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Wouldn't call that overpaying one bit. DAYUM!
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 41 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  13. #2803
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcook View Post
    I'm a big fan of firsts, so I convinced myself to overpay when the 2017 first dual team auto hit eBay. Part of my willingness to overpay was because I knew I wouldn't care about the 2nd and subsequent dual team cards, so of course Topps made the 2nd one incredible so I had to have it too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180918_152634.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	83259

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Amazing cards! Congrats!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2804
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy all,

    Two decent BINs on eBay. Nothing to write home about, but two cards that don't come up too often.

    1999 UD Black Diamond - Mystery Numbers /400: In a lot of three cards, $1.50 + $5.00 shipping.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-1998-1999...8AAOSwDehbkIby

    1999 UD Ionix - Warp Zone: In a lot of four cards, $9.99 + $3.50 shipping.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-4-La...MAAOSw5jhbpEqA

    Cool cards if anyone needs them, especially the Warp Zone...looks great in person.

    Hope everyone is doing well.....by the looks of the recent cards posted, I would think so.

    Cheers,
    Mark

  15. #2805
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello there,

    got a good BIN for you...

    1998 SPx card #120 Power Explosion Finite Radiance #'d /1000 for under $5 = win
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-SPx-Fi...4AAOSwK65btRKX

    Cheers,
    Mark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •