Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Im gonna need your guys' opinion tonight.. i have to go out to dinner with my parents, but here is what i got today... ill spare the details, but i got a huge smile from Mac when i told him my line. He was like "Jersey, whats up man" i shat you not. here we go

Freshly inked this afternoon at Roger Dean Stadium .......And yes, it looks even SICKER in person

march16th2010.jpg

Im gonna need your opinions on what i should try to get next. I have 3 games left and i will def be able to get at least 1 more, maybe even 3 more.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
onionring9 said:
spcollector said:
onionring9 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
[quote="Mark McGwire Museum":23ggge0s]NICE! You're picking some great items to get signed! Whats on the schedule for tomorrow?

hey bro! im gonna go for the 2001 Donruss Timeless treasures Card that has a peice of the 9th HR Ball from the 70th season....

I think it would look narly signed.....

mac1.jpg

i broke it of the case last week... i think this is a great card that could look even better signed.

Ahhh if you can't get that signed, feel free to send it my way since it doesn't deserve to be remotely near your auto collection :twisted:

Do any of you BIG MAC collectors have an extra 2002 SP Authentic Game Jersey card. it's a short print and I've been looking for one. Please shoot me a PM if you do.
thanks,
BO

I don't, but which one are you looking for (to help the others look) since there are two?

w_2002--ud_sp_authentic--game_jerseys--gold.jpg
w_2002--ud_sp_authentic--game_jerseys.jpg[/quote:23ggge0s]

I'm looking for the regular 2002 SP Authentic Game Jersey (the 2nd one pictured of the two) not the Gold version. Any help would be appreciated!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Im gonna need your guys' opinion tonight.. i have to go out to dinner with my parents, but here is what i got today... ill spare the details, but i got a huge smile from Mac when i told him my line. He was like "Jersey, whats up man" i shat you not. here we go

Freshly inked this afternoon at Roger Dean Stadium .......And yes, it looks even SICKER in person

march16th2010.jpg

Im gonna need your opinions on what i should try to get next. I have 3 games left and i will def be able to get at least 1 more, maybe even 3 more.

Now that really is a timeless treasure. Man you are on fire there. Makin us proud Don!!

Did you bring anything else with you down there?

Mark McGwire Museum said:
Don, that looks GREAT signed. What else did you bring with you?

hey jay, i have a bunch of stuff here at my parents. i have a box with over 350 mac cards. here is a picture with a couple of the cards im leaning towards. I thinkin the fleer highlight card with him hittin 500, the bowman heritage or maybe the A's donruss diamond king card.... not sure though, i also have the stub from first game as Cardinal. Any suggestions?

or maybe the 2002 national UD card, the picture is classic. im def gonna get at worst 1 more, maybe 2. 3 is being greedy but **** it, but at least 1 more....any suggestions?

march16th2010001.jpg

march16th2010002.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
I've always thought these two would look great autographed. I dug through my huge box of McGwires just to pull them. I then saw that you had already pictured the Heritage, so I think that's too coincidental to overlook!

Auto-Potentials.jpg

I also think that Topps206 with the A's picture would look awesome!

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I don't get over to this thread too much, but that GU ball card that you just got auto'd looks sweet. I still need to get McGwire on a ball for my collection; will have to try and make it to Spring Training in the next few years.

Good stuff!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I have to agree with the Heritage. The only thing that makes me hold back though, is how sweet would the matching UD look next to the buyback you just got?

onionring9 said:
I have to agree with the Heritage. The only thing that makes me hold back though, is how sweet would the matching UD look next to the buyback you just got?

i dont own the matching UD, that is jays, but he also liked the heritage before i even mentioned i was thinkin about getting it done....

the heritage will be now 1st Priority, followed by the fleer highlights, and if im lucky to get that done, then last will be the UD National Convention Card

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
onionring9 said:

i dont own the matching UD, that is jays, but he also liked the heritage before i even mentioned i was thinkin about getting it done....

the heritage will be now 1st Priority, followed by the fleer highlights, and if im lucky to get that done, then last will be the UD National Convention Card

I thought you got it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

onionring9 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
onionring9 said:

I thought you got it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

i did. its all paid for and shipped. I never took it out of the binder that was put aside for Spring Training. But yes, the buyback will be at my house by the time i get home. i already got the email saying it was shipped :)

Dec 10, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
i did. its all paid for and shipped. I never took it out of the binder that was put aside for Spring Training. But yes, the buyback will be at my house by the time i get home. i already got the email saying it was shipped :)

Actually, I took a quick drive down the GSP to get your mail for you while you were away. Nope, no buyback in the mailbox yet; it probably got lost in the mail. Oh well these things happen ;)

Mark McGwire Museum said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":188ljdgr]i did. its all paid for and shipped. I never took it out of the binder that was put aside for Spring Training. But yes, the buyback will be at my house by the time i get home. i already got the email saying it was shipped :)

Actually, I took a quick drive down the GSP to get your mail for you while you were away. Nope, no buyback in the mailbox yet; it probably got lost in the mail. Oh well these things happen ;)[/quote:188ljdgr]

hahaha, i have enough things to worry about, i have been obsessing over this trip, i have 3 games left and i feel like Tony LaRussa, i am consumed by this quest haahha

Members online