Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I have a terrible benny tan, my nose is burnt, and because of me wearing my custom made mcgwire hat with 25 on the front and 583 on the back, i have a bad tan line on my head.

But......getting my 5th auto today of OUR guy makes it all worth while. And Jay, you were right, the heritage is def the way to go. Joe, Im makin all of us proud. I was talkin to these guys in line today and we were talkin about collecting all of mac's cards and i said i knew a crazy bastard who had had over 5k mac cards and 90% of all of them excluding the 1/1's. He was floored. Then i finished him off with the death blow and told him how many mcgwire autos i had, which i finally got a official count, after i realized i missed some.

today i got Auto # 2 2 9 for the collection......and here he is.... 2 games left....will i bat 1.000 for the week....im starting to think i am.....

would liked it straight but i will never complain. still think it came out nice...
march-18-010001.jpg

march-18-010002.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Thats awesome you got him to sign it. Man o man, I wish he had signed it the other way!! Still looks good and glad you had continued success brother!

Mark McGwire Museum said:
Thats awesome you got him to sign it. Man o man, I wish he had signed it the other way!! Still looks good and glad you had continued success brother!

thanks ma man! tomorrow im gonna give him a clip board with 2 cards on it. I mean **** , i might as well try for 2, i think hell do it for me. He signed mine, skipped both groups of people on either side and then skipped the whole row and went to the other side of the railing. So he made it a point to do mine then bounce. So here are the 2 im gonna try to get done..

im gonna go for the Fleer Highlights that depicts him hitting 500 and the Topps Gallery Heritage that is on the bottom in the middle. I think both will look badass.

the highlights is top middle and the heritage is the bottom middle. Wish me luck....

march16th2010001.jpg

Got these 2 done today! That makes 7 autographs so far with 1 game left to go. Im gonna try to get 3 done by him tomorrow and make it a perfect 10. Gotta go out to eat with the parents. Hope all is well. Ill add some pics of our man in a few minutes. here is the autos.

march-18-010033.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So incredible!!!!!!!!!! I'm :mrgreen: with envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
shanks25 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

+1

I don't visit the boards for a while and I miss this haul. Simply amazing. Congratulations.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
[quote="Mark McGwire Museum":3qxktapf]NICE! You're picking some great items to get signed! Whats on the schedule for tomorrow?

hey bro! im gonna go for the 2001 Donruss Timeless treasures Card that has a peice of the 9th HR Ball from the 70th season....

I think it would look narly signed.....

mac1.jpg

i broke it of the case last week... i think this is a great card that could look even better signed.[/quote:3qxktapf]

Joe don't you need a picture of this card for the web site?

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Big Mac Collectors:

Today I saw a certain Sosa autograph for the first time - in fact, I knew nothing of the set or card before today. McGwire is the only other autograph in the set; do you guys know anything about this?

2002 Upper Deck Rookie Debut Elite Company autograph /25

docdw25 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
[quote="Mark McGwire Museum":1pv56kl5]NICE! You're picking some great items to get signed! Whats on the schedule for tomorrow?

hey bro! im gonna go for the 2001 Donruss Timeless treasures Card that has a peice of the 9th HR Ball from the 70th season....

mac1.jpg

i broke it of the case last week... i think this is a great card that could look even better signed.

Joe don't you need a picture of this card for the web site?[/quote:1pv56kl5]

it looked so nice in the case....but i felt it needed a makeover in Jupiter At The Spring Training Facility, they do great stuff over there ..... ;)

march16th2010.jpg

ffgameman said:
Big Mac Collectors:

Today I saw a certain Sosa autograph for the first time - in fact, I knew nothing of the set or card before today. McGwire is the only other autograph in the set; do you guys know anything about this?

sure do. The McGwire (which I and Onionring Both own) is inscribed "Oakland A's" , its a very nice looking card. But you'd think with a A's inscription , they would have him in A's uniform for the card photo. Still overall a nice looking card.

022.jpg

docdw25 said:
shanks25 said:

+1

I don't visit the boards for a while and I miss this haul. Simply amazing. Congratulations.

thanks doc. It has a been a Unforgetable trip and, i couldnt have imagined it going any better. He was awsome.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
ffgameman said:
Big Mac Collectors:

Here's mine

auto-elite-25.jpg

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
Got home today from Florida from probably, my greatest Vacation Trip Ever.

had this waiting for me among my mail......

This will be my 10th Buy Back i can add to the collection. Got 34 more to go.

Buy Back # 39 - 2001 Upper Deck Base Numbered 1/6

Picture002-1.jpg

Between Joe's collection and your autos I'm amazed every time you guys post pictures.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
[quote="Mark McGwire Museum":fl6ev0fp]NICE! You're picking some great items to get signed! Whats on the schedule for tomorrow?

mac1.jpg

i broke it of the case last week... i think this is a great card that could look even better signed.

Joe don't you need a picture of this card for the web site?[/quote:fl6ev0fp]

I think you're right on that one!

Members online