Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
jbs189 said:
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/jbs189/?action=view&current=McGwire-CrashAllStar.jpg

Was wondering if anyone could help me out ID this card? I could find a picture or anything of it anywhere and it is a bit different than the other versions I have seen for this series as it has in Gold All-Stars to the far right.

First one on the list

http://www.joering.com/mcgwire/index.ph ... +game+1995

Joe has made an appearance!!!

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:
jbs189 said:
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/jbs189/?action=view&current=McGwire-CrashAllStar.jpg

Was wondering if anyone could help me out ID this card? I could find a picture or anything of it anywhere and it is a bit different than the other versions I have seen for this series as it has in Gold All-Stars to the far right.

First one on the list

http://www.joering.com/mcgwire/index.ph ... +game+1995

Joe has made an appearance!!!

and back to my cave I go :)

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
img003.jpg

Here is a McGwire auto I picked up recently. I really like the postcard it is on as I have always liked the 91 Pro-Vision card of McGwire even though it doesn't carry much of a value.

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
Big Mac McGwire said:
very nice postcard. i was lucky enough to pick up a signed pro vision card earlier this year.....

91am-1.png

Very nice auto, a good one to have. I have slowly been getting an autograph here and there lately, though only been picking up ones I find for a good deal and relatively inexpensive. Right now I just have the one I posted, a couple of the 1988 Star Autos, 1987 Gateway Cachet auto, and a 1988 Topps Record Breakers card auto, and recently got a 1988 A's Team ball with a number of signatures including McGwire's. I have been looking for a baseball auto at a good price that seemed legit lately and hopefully have gotten one though I am waiting for it to come in right now. It wasn't certified in anyway, but the claim was that they guy selling it got the autographs in person at home games during the 1988 season, so we shall see. I will probably post it up here once I get it in and get everyone's opinion on it. I figured at $20, I would take a chance on it.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
jbs189 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
very nice postcard. i was lucky enough to pick up a signed pro vision card earlier this year.....

91am-1.png

Very nice auto, a good one to have. I have slowly been getting an autograph here and there lately, though only been picking up ones I find for a good deal and relatively inexpensive. Right now I just have the one I posted, a couple of the 1988 Star Autos, 1987 Gateway Cachet auto, and a 1988 Topps Record Breakers card auto, and recently got a 1988 A's Team ball with a number of signatures including McGwire's. I have been looking for a baseball auto at a good price that seemed legit lately and hopefully have gotten one though I am waiting for it to come in right now. It wasn't certified in anyway, but the claim was that they guy selling it got the autographs in person at home games during the 1988 season, so we shall see. I will probably post it up here once I get it in and get everyone's opinion on it. I figured at $20, I would take a chance on it.

If I had a question about a McGwire auto I would pm Big Mac McGwire or Mark McGwire Museum. They won't steer you wrong.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
jbs189 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

91am-1.png

If I had a question about a McGwire auto I would pm Big Mac McGwire or Mark McGwire Museum. They won't steer you wrong.

couldn't agree more - their stamp of approval holds more weight (in my opinion of course) than any professional grading service will offer

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Joe I know you don't have time to do this right now but the picture you have for the 1998 Leaf Gold leaf star fractal materials #/50 is wrong. The picture you have is the diamond axis #/50. I have the other card incoming and will send you a scan when it arrives.

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
Big Mac McGwire said:
always hear to help as doc said. I currently have 7 items waiting to get signed by mcgwire when he does his first private signing in 7 years. I will post pics when i get the items back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am still waiting on the auto ball to come in and will post once I have received it. I do have this one other autograph picture I picked up for $20 as well that I am not really sure about. I got it from a guy that was unloading it because he wasn't happy about McGwire/Canseco and steroids, or so that was the story. He said he purchased it at auction back in the 90s though there is not certificate or anything that I have that came with it.

DSC_0104.jpg
DSC_0105.jpg

jbs189 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
always hear to help as doc said. I currently have 7 items waiting to get signed by mcgwire when he does his first private signing in 7 years. I will post pics when i get the items back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am still waiting on the auto ball to come in and will post once I have received it. I do have this one other autograph picture I picked up for $20 as well that I am not really sure about. I got it from a guy that was unloading it because he wasn't happy about McGwire/Canseco and steroids, or so that was the story. He said he purchased it at auction back in the 90s though there is not certificate or anything that I have that came with it.

DSC_0104.jpg
DSC_0105.jpg

fake. from looking at the canseco auto as well, i would say the canseco and the mac are both fakes. sorry

Members online

Latest posts