Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
img033.jpg

I have two postcards that sound like they might be what you are talking about. I have them in my card listing as 2000 Palm Beach jumbo cards, I have two versions (see above). My understand was that they were given out during a spring training game back in 2000 in Juniper Florida at Roper Dean Stadium (home of the Cardinals Spring Training). The Palm Beach Post newspaper was the one sponsoring the giveaway. Hope this helps.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Those aren't on the site. I actually haven't seen those before. Nice! I'll add those next week when I get some time.

Just a note for any McGwire collector that hasn't done so already, PM me your email address so I can get you started on the site we have now and for the new site that is coming.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
YES! The one on the right is what I am talking about. I don't believe mine is jumbo sized though. I think it is the size of a standard card. When I get back in front of my collection I will know for sure. I have a few cards that are a bit "different" than some standard cards, as well as a few printing plates. I also have a few cards that are on the site, but not pictured. I should send over the scans sometime soon. Probably not this coming weekend, but the following one. Thanks again for looking for me.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've got a heck of a lot of stuff to scan but so far I think this is the only thing really worthy of posting:

b-4990.jpg

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
Love the card. I was bidding on that one on ebay back when it sold. Nice pickup, first one I have seen of McGwire.

onionring9 said:
I've got a heck of a lot of stuff to scan but so far I think this is the only thing really worthy of posting:

b-4990.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
onionring9 said:

b-4990.jpg

Nice pick up. I've been looking for the Ozzie since, well, forever.

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
I was curious if anyone knew anything about the two below cards. Just picked them up. They are a bit odd as neither is exactly the same as the 1997 Metal regular issue, but if you lay the cards on top of each other they produce what was eventually released as the regular set.

img036.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Hey all. I have the two below mcgwire's out of my PC I'm wanting to trade for a certified Mcgwire auto (no ttm, or ip). I've always wanted an official certified auto of Mcgwire so please if at all interested let me know. I will trade both towards a decent auto.

Scan-100918-0002.jpg

Scan-100918-0001.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
jbs189 said:
I was curious if anyone knew anything about the two below cards. Just picked them up. They are a bit odd as neither is exactly the same as the 1997 Metal regular issue, but if you lay the cards on top of each other they produce what was eventually released as the regular set.

img036.jpg

From the proof sheet most likely. Here is the FCB link discussing them:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102149&hilit=1997+metal

and I think this is 1 of sheets uncut on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...t=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

They look to be fairly rare and obscure. I wish Will Clark made it on that sheet, but my guess is, if those players exist on that sheet, other players exist on another sheet, so I'm assuming there is a Will Clark out there somewhere. Good find!!!

Dec 10, 2008
Don those look great. I wonder why the Brewers ticket isn't in the same holder as the Cardinals. That's a standard size ticket I think and exactly what those holders were made for.

You going to go next year and get a bunch more? I've been saving cards that I think would look awesome signed if you do.

Mark McGwire Museum said:
Don those look great. I wonder why the Brewers ticket isn't in the same holder as the Cardinals. That's a standard size ticket I think and exactly what those holders were made for.

You going to go next year and get a bunch more? I've been saving cards that I think would look awesome signed if you do.

hey Jay, Well I hope he returns next year. 3 babies to go along with 2 young boys is alot for 1 mother. So i have my doubts.

Im waiting for the next private signing. This is the stuff i got lined up.

3 - 16x20's - 1 with Mattingly and Him, hopefully get Matts to do it after Mark does it, 1 from a 96 game at yankee stadium and another 96' swinging shot, realized i need some 16x20's in a A's Uni

Various cards- need 94,96,00,02 UD. They will finish the autograph base version set for every year.

1997 Game Used Bat.

That's the focus. Im gonna pay a decent amount of coin, but all guranteed full signatures. The bat is what i want the most.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but here is an IP auto I got this year
47518_152919304733778_100000471295702_420874_1103355_n.jpg

I should be able to make it to 9 Cardinals games next year, so I'm hoping to get at least one more.
Things I want signed
1) 1991 Topps (for my set)
2) Something from the 1998 All Star Game in Colorado
3) Ticket from when I saw him play in '98

Members online

Latest posts