Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Picked this up tonight as well. Sometimes i hate the fact that our favorite player had a Dr.Jekyll alternate signature. Still looks cool though

30eea507.jpg

I was curious about that one. I'm just not good enough yet to identify fakes. Very cool looking ard though. Nice bold signature.

A friend is selling this. I told him he wants too much as you can get the upper deck ones for under 30$ and hes in full uniform. I guess he wants alot as he said they were only released in grocery stores in St. Louis. If anyone is interested which i doubt , PM me. He is asking 125$

1c2b809f.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
A friend is selling this. I told him he wants too much as you can get the upper deck ones for under 30$ and hes in full uniform. I guess he wants alot as he said they were only released in grocery stores in St. Louis. If anyone is interested which i doubt , PM me. He is asking 125$

I think I already have one, but I'm not positive, I'll have to check. Either way he is way high on the price. I remember one being on eBay, I just cant remember if I won it and it's here in a box. Maybe he beat me out for it....I do need to post pictures of the 1989 Pepsi one I have auto'd!

Dec 10, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
jam92102 said:
Anybody here win this? Sweet card.

[ebay:2i95hcbb]230559970984[/ebay:2i95hcbb]

Just paid for it. Pics to come when i get it in hand

Don, congrats, that is a killer card. I usually don't bid on too many IP autos, but threw a relatively high bid on that one considering what they sell for.

Make sure to scan that thing clearly and post in this thread!

Mark McGwire Museum said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1vmybnxj]
jam92102 said:
Anybody here win this? Sweet card.

[ebay:1vmybnxj]230559970984[/ebay:1vmybnxj]

Just paid for it. Pics to come when i get it in hand

Don, congrats, that is a killer card. I usually don't bid on too many IP autos, but threw a relatively high bid on that one considering what they sell for.

Make sure to scan that thing clearly and post in this thread![/quote:1vmybnxj]

Thanks jay. I went after it because of the nice full auto and i like how he dated the signature. Please get pics up if your pepsi auto standup. Would like to see it.

Dec 10, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Please get pics up if your pepsi auto standup. Would like to see it.

Don, I did have that Nabisco one already; I won it in February for around $60-70 I believe, but I never opened it from the way it was mailed and it was sitting here the whole time.

Here's the 1989 Pepsi stand-up. Auto'd in early 1990's:

1989-Pepsi-Standup-1.jpg
1989-Pepsi-Standup-2.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1ziv8nin]Please get pics up if your pepsi auto standup. Would like to see it.

Don, I did have that Nabisco one already; I won it in February for around $60-70 I believe, but I never opened it from the way it was mailed and it was sitting here the whole time.

1989-Pepsi-Standup-1.jpg
1989-Pepsi-Standup-2.jpg[/quote:1ziv8nin]

That is awesome! How'd you get that signed?

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Can you all help learn me. :)

Here's what I think but I need to see how I'm doing in the whole auto arena. His early autos mess me up and so do the short hand autos

First one: Fake
Second: Real
Third: Fake

PLMK what you think

mcgwireauto3.jpg

mcgwireauto1.jpg

mcgwireauto2.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":3v45n906]Please get pics up if your pepsi auto standup. Would like to see it.

1989-Pepsi-Standup-1.jpg
1989-Pepsi-Standup-2.jpg[/quote:3v45n906]

I love it!

My wife would kill me if I brought one of those home, makes me love it even more :)

Congrats, that's one heck of a collection piece.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Picked this up tonight as well. Sometimes i hate the fact that our favorite player had a Dr.Jekyll alternate signature. Still looks cool though

30eea507.jpg

That has got to be my favorite IP auto to-date. I always loved that card and the auto just sits perfectly on it. Another great pickup!

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I can't wait to get my Steiner certified McGwire baseball this Christmas.

My mother caught the Steiner special a couple months back - USA inscription autograph for $99.

onionring9 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

30eea507.jpg

That has got to be my favorite IP auto to-date. I always loved that card and the auto just sits perfectly on it. Another great pickup!

I was happy for the 19$ it cost.

Members online