Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
I was curious if anyone had any info on the card below? I just had not seen a copy of it before. It is the same size and style as the 1995 Classic Phone cards.

img051.jpg

Whats Up Guys?

anybody pick up anything new?

I purchased this 16x20 from a friend of mine who got it signed in front of me in February at the Cardinals Autograph Event at Spring Training. Considering i saw it signed in front of me, and Mac charged 85$ last signing for 16x20's, with shipping and everything i think i did good only paying 125$

i have to get a better picture when i get it. it's currently at my folks house in Florida. the shot is from 98' not sure which game as he took many curtain calls that year

16x20- signed in spring training in front of me.

85f842e5.jpg

got this a while back off ebay. Not sure if i posted it

A favorite of mine back when i was a 9 year old collector

5328eee0.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Anybody interested in a steal?

$25 dlvd

McgwireExceptionalSet80bv.jpg

ewess77

Jul 23, 2010
Hello fellow collectors! It has been a while since I have been on this forum so I guess I will post the 1980's Mark McGwire cards I am looking for. Please help! buy or trade

1987 Avalon Hill, Statis Pro, Big League Manager, Persue the Pennant, and/or Replay Baseball

1988 APBA, ASG, AVAlon Hill, Replay Baseball, and/or Persue of the Pennant
1988 Sportflics (Cameo) #136 of 153
1988 Classic Superstars #3 of 22
1988 MSA Key Food and Wies Market (#4 of 20) Discs
1989 American Promo Cards (Series 1) #18
1988 San Jose Mercury News
1988 Score #5 Blank Front (Cleveland Indian on back)
1988 Mothers Cookies Checklist #28 (Inverted Back)
1988 Topps #580 (Blank Back Cut out)
Bazooka 13 of 22 (White Stock **)

1989 APBA, ASG, Avalon Hill, Baseball Classics Clubhouse Baseball, Persue the Pennant, Replay Baseball
1989 Cadaco #36 Square (Correct and Incorrect Spelling)
1989 Donruss/Leaf Blue Chips McGwire!!!
1989 MSA Super Stars, Key Food, & Our Own Tea #3 of 20 Disc
1989 MSA Tetley Tea #3 of 20 Square
1989 Pacific Cards & Comics #8
1989 Donruss INC Error - *denotes*

Jan 14, 2009
Here's a 1993 Topps comparison pic:

5969000518_c070b1883c.jpg

His name and Athletics appears to have been resized. I've see this affect several players in 1993 Topps, especially seriess 1 A's cards.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I could definately use some (most, would have to check). I'm not up on the inserts like the rest of the Mac guys are. What do you need for em?

There is a seller on eBay currently selling
5 McGwire 92 cola autographs.

They are the rare ones from 92.
There is 5 days and 22 hours left in the auctions.
They have starting bids of 99$

This is a great oppertunity for those who need it for their collection at
A good price. Just type in McGwire autographed cola
. You will eventually find them.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Can't seem to find the barry cola's.

Anybody know if mcgwire signs ttm through the season? I never received mine back from spring training :(

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
jam92102 said:

Anybody know if mcgwire signs ttm through the season? I never received mine back from spring training :(
i sent one to the stadium a couple days after the season started and have not recieved it back.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I just picked up a Steiner McGwire Bat. They made one for each of his homeruns (so I guess it's a 1/1... sort of). It isn't signed. Any idea what these sell for?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jam92102 said:

Weird I couldn't find them on a search but I put them on my watchlist the day they came out.

If I didn't have the card I might be a bit hesitant about bidding on these because:
a) He has 0 feedback
b) I get an error when I try to search on his name
c) Three of his auctions for the colla cards were pulled (one reposted again)

But, I've seen this before and this was how I got my Ruth/McGwire GU and got it for $300 (last went for 600 and first couple went over 1k). I got my colla auto for $250 two years ago and was excited I got it so cheap.

Back to the collas, the seller started with 5, pulled three of them and reposted one so there are three up there right now.Two end today, one has a bidder, one doesn't:

Ending today #1
Ending today #2
Ending in 6 days

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jastermereel said:
I just picked up a Steiner McGwire Bat. They made one for each of his homeruns (so I guess it's a 1/1... sort of). It isn't signed. Any idea what these sell for?

Don is the man for that info

onionring9 said:
jam92102 said:

Weird I couldn't find them on a search but I put them on my watchlist the day they came out.

If I didn't have the card I might be a bit hesitant about bidding on these because:
a) He has 0 feedback
b) I get an error when I try to search on his name
c) Three of his auctions for the colla cards were pulled (one reposted again)

But, I've seen this before and this was how I got my Ruth/McGwire GU and got it for $300 (last went for 600 and first couple went over 1k). I got my colla auto for $250 two years ago and was excited I got it so cheap.

Back to the collas, the seller started with 5, pulled three of them and reposted one so there are three up there right now.Two end today, one has a bidder, one doesn't:

Ending today #1
Ending today #2
Ending in 6 days

i have spoke with the seller personally. THEY ARE LEGIT. He just inherited a HUGE McGwire collection. I contacted him in the hopes of him having some of the 40 Man Buybacks. Appears he only has the Cola Auto's. IF you have the money this a a great oppertunity to get one CHEAP.

The UNSIGNED steiner bats, "worth 15-50" range. Signed is another story. But besides rare insert cards, the prices are bottom for unsigned mac stuff. Remember there were 583 of these bats made, making them Not so rare.

Members online

Latest posts