Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
Got it cheap just got to figure our which version it is. Been working on my registry tired of being #2.

The horse has been beat to death but it kills me you have to ask if it’s authentic, like isn’t that the point of grading?? *facepalm* these companies sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got it cheap just got to figure our which version it is. Been working on my registry tired of being #2.

Not sure I even recognize your username from 13-15 years ago when I was over 3000 points on the BGS leaderboard of Big Mac and # 1 by a lot of points but I still own a lot of Pop 1 or low pop Mac items and will be glad to help you out since I'm no longer participating in his stuff either there or at PSA. I gave up actively
collecting many of my sub players when my sets grew too large and I had to focus a wee bit better on what I really loved as opposed to just what I "liked". Mac lost out and I sold a lot but still own a hefty amount of BGS & PSA slabs I'm slowly letting go of over time.

These four are all available email me at my [email protected] address.

Pinnacle Cert is a Pop 2 mine has no weakness other versions got a 9 surface
The UD3 is a Pop 1
The League Leaders is a Pop 1
The All-Star refractors is a Pop 3 ( one has no subgrades this and the other do)

attachment.php

attachment.php

@GucciMac your aware thats my McGwire your bidding on right ?? Let me know if you want me to work something out direct I can take it off the feebay :cool:

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
The horse has been beat to death but it kills me you have to ask if it’s authentic, like isn’t that the point of grading?? *facepalm* these companies sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does not bother me that much so many cards out there have different variations I look at it the same way.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Thanks Joe does not surprise me since I got it cheap still happy with it though now I just got to keep my eyes open for the originals even though I do not see the difference compared it to my other one and they look the same to me. I am half blind so that is not saying much.

Last edited:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Joe does not surprise me since I got it cheap still happy with it though now I just got to keep my eyes open for the originals even though I do not see the difference compared it to my other one and they look the same to me. I am half blind so that is not saying much.

Yeah it's hard to spot until you finally see it. I made this to hopefully help out a bit.

https://thepclist.com/tmp/chong.jpg

(remove the https and replace it with http - I need to get an SSL on there)

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Very nice here is mine. I wish I knew it was you chasing that 1/1. I think I was the second high bidder on it. Last 2 on the way just got the/15 tonight. Also I think you were my hot competition in the very begging when they hit ebay sorry for costing you extra money.

20191219_215057(1).jpg

Last edited:

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
So the reason I stopped by tonight my 2017 and 2018 runs are out for grading and I just got the 2019's done except for all the 1/1's. So I need to go back in time I am missing the 2016 /25 and /10. If you have an extra one please let me know. Thanks

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Those are all some great looking autos. I always wonder what something like that would have gone for if it was released in '98-'00.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Lots of familiar user names in here. I posted a few months ago but, after roughly 8 years out of the game, I'm slowly getting back in. I used to converse with you all back in the Beckett days. When I took a break, I had a near-complete run of every Mac GU card that existed at the time. I think I was 5-6 cards short. I don't even want to think how far behind I am now. I've picked up some decent sized collections lately at some garage sales / estate sales. Nothing high end but still good to get back into things. There's even been some Macs sprinkled in. Brings back a ton of memories.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know of a private McGwire signing in January. I'm not sure if you were all aware. It is limited to 100 submissions. I can provide details if anyone is interested.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Lots of familiar user names in here. I posted a few months ago but, after roughly 8 years out of the game, I'm slowly getting back in. I used to converse with you all back in the Beckett days.

Holy Molly the holidays brings out the old timets= Happy Holidays 😊🐣

Also Joe I'll look thru your needs list when the sites fixed keeps giving me errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts