Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
McGwire said his deal with Upper Deck to produce his first mainstream autographed cards for the years 02 and 03 was "A 1 time Deal". He knew the hobby wanted certified auto's of his. The auto's are now 7 and 6 years years old. The supply for the rare ones are all dried up. The ones with print runs of 350 and less are more abundant. Out of all the stars that are alive, not counting the deceased players mcgwires auto along with Koufax and Ichiro go for the most. A regular mac auto goes for 150 and up. Thats pretty high for the oversaturated autograph card market. If you think 150 is high, join me when the high end auto's surface and your forking out 4 to 5 and up. It gets ruff.

Proud to say I haven't hit the 5 mark yet. Only hit the 4+ mark 5 times on autos:

$400 - #'d/4
w_2002--ud--buybacks--18.jpg

$425 - #'d/5
w_2002--ud_sp_authentic--signed_big_mac--2.jpg

$425 - both graded 9 or 9.5 w/ 10 on the auto (hence the crappy scans - stupid holders) #'d/25
w_2003--ud--mark_of_greatness--gold.jpg
w_2002--ovation--authentic_sigs--auto--jersey.jpg

$460 - #'d/15
w_2003--ud_sp--chirography_doubles.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jam92102 said:
7guns said:
Very nice onion

Agreed!! Awesome cards!!! I just don't have the income (nor permission from the wife :D ) to be spending that much on cards.

Yeah I don't bid much on autos anymore unless Big Mac has them. Since his McGwire goal collection concentration is so small, I'd rather see him get his dream collection complete of all of the certified autos. For that reason I defer all auto auctions to him if he needs them and I don't bid him up or outbid him and win stuff he needs. His goal is so much more feasible than mine so I'd love to see him finish it.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
joe, i appreciate all the heads up and bids you don't put in ;) , it has helped me grow the collection greatly. Thanks again man!!!

How many do you have left now to get? Less than 100?

Big Mac McGwire said:
joe, i appreciate all the heads up and bids you don't put in ;) , it has helped me grow the collection greatly. Thanks again man!!!

definately less then 100. And thats including buybacks. IF you dont include buybacks its probably less then 35 or 30. I definately have at least half. It pretty much comes down to me needing the other signed game jersey variations that you have, the other 3 Sp chiography variations, about 1 or 2 of the signed excellences , a few of the signed big macs , 2 of the missing links, 3 variations of the rookie update auto, 1 sweet spot and maybe 5 others. Im definately half way there. I don't know if i can include buybacks, cause lets be serious, there may be 44 in the set, with 2 of them having print runs of 1, and i have i think 8 of them, and i get maybe 2 a year im a lucky, but in all im definatley less then 50 away.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Pulled the trigger on these tonight, for my collection.

[ebay:39cyd0di]150325124890[/ebay:39cyd0di]

[ebay:39cyd0di]120370997991[/ebay:39cyd0di]

[ebay:39cyd0di]190249505646[/ebay:39cyd0di]

Members online