Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Big Mac McGwire said:
ffgameman said:
I can't wait to get my Steiner certified McGwire baseball this Christmas.

My mother caught the Steiner special a couple months back - USA inscription autograph for $99.

I missed a sweet 16x20 for 99$ ::facepalm::

Post pics when it comes!

I lack a digital camera. I will either:

A) Scan the joker like I did my Steiner Pete Rose from last Christmas. :lol:

B) Buy a cheap digital camera that can take a decent picture.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
My wife asked me a silly question today. I showed her my signed Mcgwire ball (the one I posted earlier) and she said "don't you already have an autographed card and picture?" I replied "well yeah". She said "How many Mcgwire autographs do you need?"

I don't think she gets it fellas.

jam92102 said:
My wife asked me a silly question today. I showed her my signed Mcgwire ball (the one I posted earlier) and she said "don't you already have an autographed card and picture?" I replied "well yeah". She said "How many Mcgwire autographs do you need?"

some people have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes....... :mrgreen:

Got this in the mail. To date it is the nicest non
Certified signed card i have seen of his besides some that he has signed at paid private signings. I tried asking the seller on ebay where or how he got it but he never respond. Mac added "11/10" which i am going to assume That means November 2010. At the paid signings he used a thin tip sharpie. This was done in the typical thick sharpie which i will asume was done by professional seeker as pro's use thick sharpies 99% of the time.
The seller is located in north carolina so as to where he got it done remains a mystery??

ec98c3cb.jpg

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
jam92102 said:

some people have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes....... :mrgreen:

A guy must have invented these wonderful things...

ewess77

Jul 23, 2010
Have you seen these Mac Cards!?

Been some time since I've been on this thread. I am still looking to buy/trade for the following McGwire cards. Please let me know if interested! Wess

1988 Sportflics (Cameo) #136 of 153
1988 Classic Superstars #3 of 22
1988 MSA Key Food and Wies Market (#4 of 20) Discs
1988 Mercury News Cut out
1989 American Promo Cards (Series 1) #18
1989 Cadaco #36 Square (Correct and Incorrect Spelling)
1989 Donruss/Leaf Blue Chips McGwire!!!
1989 MSA Super Stars, Key Food, & Our Own Tea #3 of 20 Disc
1989 MSA Tetley Tea #3 of 20 Square
1989 Pacific Cards & Comics #8

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
I thought I'd try my hand at an early auto. Don't know if it's real or not. As always, would really appreciate your guys opinions.

earlymcgwire.jpg

earlymcgwire2.jpg

Also, got a better pic of my ball. Really sad that it's gonna fade/bleed more :(

mcgwireball.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
I could hug ya! I thought it may be but I always doubt myself as I've bought a lot of fakes before. Woot Woot!! Once again, thanks for your expertise.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
This has been out there a while. Suprised it hasn't been picked up. Looks real to me, maybe I'm not right though! :)

[ebay:2l8khvc7]160520399855[/ebay:2l8khvc7]

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Finally got these babies slabbed,

If it was 98' right now , god only knows how much i could have sold these for, not like i would have but you get the point.

JSABGS016.jpg

Sweetness! Those are awesome!!!! So are those pack pulled auto's or was it a special signing?

Also if you don't mind how much was it per card?

Members online

Latest posts