Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
Lots of familiar user names in here. I posted a few months ago but, after roughly 8 years out of the game, I'm slowly getting back in. I used to converse with you all back in the Beckett days. When I took a break, I had a near-complete run of every Mac GU card that existed at the time. I think I was 5-6 cards short. I don't even want to think how far behind I am now. I've picked up some decent sized collections lately at some garage sales / estate sales. Nothing high end but still good to get back into things. There's even been some Macs sprinkled in. Brings back a ton of memories.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know of a private McGwire signing in January. I'm not sure if you were all aware. It is limited to 100 submissions. I can provide details if anyone is interested.

Absolutely please let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Very nice here is mine. I wish I knew it was you chasing that 1/1. I think I was the second high bidder on it. Last 2 on the way just got the/15 tonight. Also I think you were my hot competition in the very begging when they hit ebay sorry for costing you extra money.

View attachment 95360

Jerry! I'm just now seeing this. I've been pretty active with the Gold Label and Transcendent. Grabbed the purple /10 parallel tonight. It was me that bid on the first ones that hit eBay lol. I overpaid by $25-30 a card, but, I knew I'd pay more at the beginning. I just wanted to get them early and check them off the list. Still hoping the 1/1 parallel pops up soon!

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Jerry! I'm just now seeing this. I've been pretty active with the Gold Label and Transcendent. Grabbed the purple /10 parallel tonight. It was me that bid on the first ones that hit eBay lol. I overpaid by $25-30 a card, but, I knew I'd pay more at the beginning. I just wanted to get them early and check them off the list. Still hoping the 1/1 parallel pops up soon!

When you are bidding on Transcendent cards let me know I won't bid against you. You are safe for this years LOL looking for my missing 2016 cards now.

Last edited:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Here’s all the info cut and pasted from an email...

January 30th

Mark McGwire

586 HRs
12x All-Star (1987–1992, 1995–2000)
2x World Series champion (1989, 2011)
AL Rookie of the Year (1987)
Gold Glove Award (1990)
3x Silver Slugger Award (1992, 1996, 1998)
5x MLB home run leader (1987, 1996–1999)
St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame (2017)

Your Items Only
Cards.....$90 + SASE
Balls/Flats (up to 16x20) .....$95 + SASE
Premiums/Oversized Flats (over 16x20)/Mini & F/S Helmets/Bases.....$110 + SASE
Jersey.....$125 + SASE
Bat.....$125 + SASE
Inscriptions.....$65

McGwire hologram will be added to each item if requested.

JSA authentication.....$10 per item

SMALL ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT IF YOU GET 3 OR MORE ITEMS FROM THE SAME PLAYER.
ASK FOR DETAILS!!

(I will only be taking 25 bats and 25 jerseys total so email to reserve!! It will be a first come, first serve basis. Please set a TM for this signing as well.)

Mark will not sign items that include Jose Canseco (except complete team items)

Signing to take place January 30th.
All items need to be in by January 21st. No exceptions!!
Items to be mailed out by February 7th.

Payments accepted for this signing: Check, money order, or PayPal friends and family.
( If paying with PayPal, you must send your PayPal receipt along with your item. That means it must be paid for before you send it in!! )

Paypal address: [email protected]

Phone number: 217-491-3172

Send payment and item(s) to:
Tom Orr
5116 US Hwy 67
Beardstown, IL

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Wonder what the discount would be if we could get 3 items together ? Guess my poster would be considered a flat. You better hurry and reserve your spot for a jersey.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Tom has been doing these for years. He actually does private signings with a lot of retired athletes. Just get on his e-mailing list.

I missed the first McGwire that he did but managed to catch the second one. Just so happened to be right when he switched over to his current signature. A few of us were pretty upset when we didn’t get the nice ‘02-‘03 Upper Deck style signature.

I sent in a game bat. So did Don. The sig didn’t match his other ten or so bats and it drove him crazy. I think he just found another game bat from that particular year that was already signed to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
I guess I'm just too cheap. If I was meeting him for that price I'd be all about it, or if I had something special like a bat or jersey. But for a flat that just seems too much when I can go on the bay and buy a really nice auto'd card for the same price.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
This is from 2010:

November 10th

Mark McGwire

Your Items Only
Cards/Balls/Flats (up to 11x14) .....$75 + SASE
Premiums/Oversized Flats (over 11x14).....$85 + SASE
Bat/Jersey.....$125 + SASE
Inscriptions.....ASK

(I will only be taking 25 bats and 25 jerseys total so email to reserve!! It will be a first come, first serve basis.)

Mark will not sign items with Jose Canseco on it

It was a good deal then because McGwire autos were $150+ on eBay. Topps and Panini (and McGwire) have flooded the market now. I’ve seen certified Topps cards go for $35.

Another problem is shipping. You have to pay for shipping both ways. Gets expensive for large items.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online